Which DH army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which DH army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which DH army?

Reading all the critiques on other armies, I've created these two. I want to know which one you'd think would do better, and which one is more fun. (These armies are fairly strict when it comes to changing them, for cash reasons ><, so don't go crazy on that)

HQ

Brother-Captain 61
    Stick him with one of the GK squads.

Troops

GK Squad 190
    Nemesis + Storm bolter x8
    Justicar + Nemesis, Storm bolter
    This will be the mobile fire base as well as the CCQ squad for orks and nids

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers 120
    Hellguns x8
    Grenade Launcher x2
    Static mainly, or used for objective claiming

Infantry Platoon (x2) (190+168 )
    Command squads
    Lasgun x4
    CCW + Laspistol x1
    Platoon(x2)
    Autocannon
    Lasgun x8
    Platoon(x2)
    Lasgun x9
    Grenade Launcher x1
    These are primarily body bags, since I don't have any more heavy weapons they'll advance and make the enemy choose: The GK's or the huge swarm. If they get into melee the model count swings in my favor.

Fast Attack

Sentinel Squad 150
    Autocannon x3
    These are harassment, and for knocking off the medium enemies. Also, if I can flank a vehicle they stand a decent chance for a glancing hit.

PAGK 266
    Nemesis + Storm bolter x7
    Incinerator x1
    Justicar + Nemesis, Storm bolter, melta bombs, frags
    These land a few turns in, after the enemy or I moves forward. Main reason is to catch the weaker powerful units alone, or to distract them as my footsloggers get up.

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank 155
    Battle cannon
    Lascannon
    It kills things. A lot of things.

GK Dreadnaught 140
    ML +TLLC
    This is mainly for anti armor, I'm hesitant to take it because if I don't I can buy then (with real $) more GK's, and possibly an elite inquis and a sniper.

Total=1500 points.

HQ

Inquisitor Lord 198
    Psycannon
    Auspex
    Mystic
    Sage x2
    Warrior 2 HB 1 Plasma cannon
    Firebase. Sticks with the horde of guard.

Grey Knight Grand Master 195
    Holy Relic
    Holocaust

Zomg FF you crazy fool! I plan on keeping him with the horde of infantry, and when I unload the holy relic it'll be fifty extra attacks. Sure maybe only 10 of those will actually hit (lets not talk about wound) but the look on my friends face is WELL worth it.

Elites

Vindicare Assassin 110
    A lot of people misjudge this guy imo, I've seen him in action. For instance, when Ghazkull is closing in to your fancy veteran infantry (IG) he needs to be taken down. He earns his points back imo--- Maybe not as much as the assault one, but I can get vindicare for cheaper.

Ratlings 55
    Inhouse rules say I can have these, the fluff reasons is that the lord doesn't want the inhuman vermin out of his sight. Sniper rifles.

Troops

Infantry Platoon (x2) (190+181 )
    Command squads
    Lasgun x8
    CCW + Laspistol x1
    Power Weapon + Laspistol x1
    Platoon(x2)
    Autocannon
    Lasgun x8
    Platoon(x2)
    Lasgun x8
    Grenade Launcher x2
    These are primarily body bags, since I don't have any more heavy weapons they'll advance and make the enemy choose: The GK's or the huge swarm. If they get into melee the model count swings in my favor.

GK Squad 190
    Nemesis + Storm bolter x9

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers 120
    Hellguns x8
    Grenade Launcher x2
    Static mainly, or used for objective claiming

Fast Attack

Sentinel Squad 150
    Autocannon x3
    These are harassment, and for knocking off the medium enemies. Also, if I can flank a vehicle they stand a decent chance for a glancing hit.

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank 145
    Battle cannon
    Lascannon
    It kills things. A lot of things.

Orbital Stike (Pew pew pew!) 70
    Lance
    This is to control which direction they come from. Since I fight mainly swarm, they'll be hesitant to walk into this. One shot could cause chaos on par with 2 battle cannons.

GK Dreadnaught 163
    ML +TLLC
    This is mainly for anti armor.

Total points: 1799

I know they're not perfect (I actually built a 2k point army that I'd love to fight with), but I had to work within model limits. If you do change things, try not to change the models too much. Sorry for the inconvinience of that.

Last edited by Forgotten Flashlight; June 13th, 2006 at 21:56.
    Though unnumbered lurking perils await us, our blades will ever be ready.
    FOR WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S VENGEANCE!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The orbital strike is useless. Dreads are extremely necessary in a daemonhunters army. The inquisitor is ok, what does it have on? You did not post his gear ( weapons). Take off the holocaust and the holy relic. The sentinel squads dont seem overly useful. As for the pagk, you should take off the incinerator and add a psycannon instead. It is also better to have 1 squad of 10 and the other one with 6-7 grey knights. Generally, 8-10 grey knights as a rule.
    The gold grey knight man. These are hardy men who like cheese.

Ever thought of how cheese was found?:
    Brother captain
    `` I say sah, the milk in this barrel smells foul!``

Grand master:
    ``Oooohhh, give it a go!``

''Quack, damn you!''
    -Jamie heinamen, Mythbusters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad, fixing now... And please be specific about which list you mean. I can't really get more GK's atm, because I'm going to buy the stuff for one or the other. The GK's in the first list have 9 in each, which is within the general rule. Sentinels are very useful, they are mobile, have good gun power, and great for taking out MEQs. The holy relic I explained, it's there for fun, and the holocaust is because I face orks and nids a lot. Why drop the incenerator? If I'm gonna drop them, the incinerator seems like a much better weapon, and can kill more then three guys. (Also it comes with the group I'm buying) And as for the orbital strike, it can make the CQ guys stay away, or the campers come closer. This is friendly, not tourny.
    Last edited by Forgotten Flashlight; June 13th, 2006 at 22:00.
    Though unnumbered lurking perils await us, our blades will ever be ready.
    FOR WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S VENGEANCE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the first list better, just because it avoids massive HQ units, inquisitor retinues and GM are both nice but both together in a 1500 list is too much. altho if i had to pick between the two, i'd go with the inquisitor. remeber to get a few acolytes with carapace armor in there so u can avoid losing heavy weapons.

GK Squad 190
    Nemesis + Storm bolter x8
    this squad should be 250pts, the GK troop squad in ur second list is also under declared.

Infantry Platoon (x2) (190+168 )
    Command squads
    Lasgun x4
    CCW + Laspistol x1
    Platoon(x2)
    Autocannon
    Lasgun x8
    Platoon(x2)
    Lasgun x9
    Grenade Launcher x1
    i highly advocate burying as many heavy weapons in these squads as possible. either that or ditch them both and buy armoured fist units instead, the chiemras will take some heat off of ur leman russ

GK Dreadnaught 140
    ML +TLLC
    This is mainly for anti armor, I'm hesitant to take it because if I don't I can buy then (with real $) more GK's, and possibly an elite inquis and a sniper.
    this boy is gonna be ur first casualty, i highly recommend ditching him. either make up for the lost weaponry by burying more heavy weapons into ur IG squads or use this guy's points to buy a rhino for ur IST and a chimera for one of ur command squads.

the rest of the list looks fine, altho i got the impression that u have a lot of faith in the ability of GK squads to conduct heavy hitting HTH combat. im not about to suggest otherwise but remeber to keep ur GK squads well supported

+ Reply to Thread