Help! 1800pt DM lead IG army.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Help! 1800pt DM lead IG army..

Hey guys,

I'm a new player and have decided on a Deamonhunter lead force with IG filling in the gaps with numbers and tanks, please let me know what you think

HQ- (123pts)
    Iquisitor Lord
    1x Sage
    2x Gun Servitors with Heavy Bolters
    1x Mystic
    2x Familiar

2nd HQ- (201pts)
    Command Platoon
    1x Junior Officer
    1x Heavy Weapon Auto Cannon ()
    1x Vox Master ()
    1x Medic ()
    1x Autocannon Hwep ()
    1x Lascoannon Hwep ()

Elites-
    Vindacare Assasin (110pts)

2nd Elites- (295pts)
    GK Terminator Squad
    1x BroCap GK Term + Psycannon wt Hammerhand ()
    1x Psycannon GK Term ()
    3x Stormbolter GK Terms ()

Troops- (120pts)
    Storm Troopers
    2x Melta ()
    8x Hellgun + Frag ()

2nd Troops- (120pts)
    Storm Troopers
    2x Melta ()
    8x Hellgun + Frag ()

3rd Troop- (200pts)
    Conscript Infantry Platoon
    5x Squads ()

Fast Attack- (170pts)
    GK Teleport Squad
    1x Justicar ()
    2x Incirators ()
    2x GK ()

2nd Fast Attack- (150pts)
    Sentinal Squad
    3x Autocannon Sentinals ()

Heavy Support- (155pts)
    1x Leman Russ Battle Tank ()
    With Heavy Bolter () and Twin Flame ()

2nd Heavy SUpport- (155pts)
    1x Leman Russ Battle Tank ()
    With Heavy Bolter () and Twin Flame ()

Since creating this, i've heard about Tanith Ghosts, are they worth having? and maybe a Rattling Squad would be better than a Vindacare Assasin and add a different assasin?
    The other thing is that I would like to trim it down to about 1500pts, what should I lose?
    I appreciate the help

**I have just moved this into the right area but was told in my last thread that this is an Illegal army... why is that????

Thanks for the help..

Last edited by Lord Lucias; June 15th, 2006 at 08:12.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This army is illegal, I'll show you why =D

You need the compulsary army filled with DH stuff, and your troops is lacking on that. You need two platoons to take tanks.

Ok, now onto how to improve. I'd drop the familars, you don't need three psychic powers. ALL your GK squads are far to small, you need more, they're bullet MAGNETS. Why would you put twin flamers on 'russes? You want to fire the battle cannon...What's your total count? We can help chop it down if we knew. (We don't like math). Unless I'm much mistaken (which I may be) you can't bring an HQ squad. For your HQ squad, take another sage, and a gun servitor with a plasma cannon, it's a great boom for the buck. I need to reemphasize: you need your GK squads bigger.

That's all I can think of atm.
    Though unnumbered lurking perils await us, our blades will ever be ready.
    FOR WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S VENGEANCE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I'm curious as to which army is the base army, and which is the allied or inducted contingent. You see, there are different rules concerning each.

If the DH is the base army with inducted IG, you cannot have the IG HQ choice, the Conscripts, or the second Russ. You also need two IG Troops choices (Platoons or AFs) in order to field that one Russ.

If this is an IG army with allied DH, you cannot have two DH Elite choices.

Are the Stormtroopers the DH's IST or the IG's regular Stormtroopers?

I see lots of wasted points, but I'll let you work out the legality before I get to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

You list is not legal, but with a few changes it looks like it could be...However it looks like you mixed the rules for inducting troops.

However if you want to make your list legal the first thing you have to do is drop either your vindicare, or your GK termies (you are only allowed one elites slot of allied troops)

Next you can move your Stormies to elites and make them IG stormies (they are better anyways)

Now you just need to add an infantry platoon. That will allow you to take conscripts and fill out your manditory troop selection.

I think that just about does is...I didn't really read your list too carefully, but now I am off to bed. I would reread the allies section of the DH codex though if I were you, and ask question if you don't understand (after you use the search function as eveything in the section should have been covered alread in the main forum)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

wow...

Okay, so I cant have a DM and a IG HQ?

This is a DM Lead force and those stormtroopers are Inquistorial Stormtroopers, DM troop choice.

I totally agree that the GK need more, after playing the tau on sunday and being wittled away by gunfire.
    And also found that I never used my flames on the tank but had alot more use with heavy bolters after the change, as works nicely with the lascannon.

So i'm only allowed one tank I have heard of IG having a curtain set up with platoons but havent found anything on it.
    Maybe just replace with a DM dreadnaught?

As for the familiars, I was using them to bring my Initative up (cant be sure and dont have my codex with me) as I fight alot of Tyranids and get tired of them striking first.

again thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I just noticed this: Harvey, you aren't allowed to post individual points costs for an army list. It breaks GW's copyright and LO's forum rules, and could get this place shut down. Squad totals are ok, individual model/weapon costs are not. This is ok:

Squad A
    8x gun
    2x other gun
    200pts

This is not:

Squad B
    8x gun (150pts)
    2x other gun (50pts)
    200pts

Please edit your original post to remove 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey
    Okay, so I cant have a DM and a IG HQ?
    DM? Do you mean DH, as in DaemonHunters?

Yes you may - depending on which army is your base army. You say its Daemonhunters - in that case, no you may NOT have any IG HQ choices. This is explained down at the bottom of the post, but in short: There is a very specific list of IG units that may be inducted into a DH army, and Command Platoons aren't on it.

So i'm only allowed one tank I have heard of IG having a curtain set up with platoons but havent found anything on it.
    Maybe just replace with a DM dreadnaught?
    No such thing as a DH (or DM) Dreadnought. There are Space Marine (SM) ones and a Grey Knight (GK) ones.

On the tank issue, again, look in the DH codex. It tells you exactly which IG units you may take, how many you may use, and what the requirements are to use them. One Leman Russ max, but only after you have included TWO IG Troops choices as well. And you're restricted to Armored Fists and Platoons for IG Troops choices there.

As for the familiars, I was using them to bring my Initative up (cant be sure and dont have my codex with me) as I fight alot of Tyranids and get tired of them striking first.
    The bonus from Familiars doesn't stack - you only get +1I total, regardless of how many you buy. But since Initiative doesn't effect shooting, and your Inquisitor Lord doesn't have any ranged OR melee weapons, buying Familiars is a moot point...

Ok, here's a basic rundown on how to use DH and IG in the same army. It's a bit confusing at first, but I hope this helps:

The first thing is choosing which army is your base army, IG or DH. This is because there are different rules concerning what units may be used in either of those situations.

If your base army is Daemonhunters with inducted Guard, use the rules presented on page 25 of the DH codex, OUTSIDE the grey box. Basically, you may use the full DH list as normal, plus a very small selection of IG units. The IG units you may choose from are listed on pages 30-31 of the DH codex. In short, Infantry Platoons, Armored Fists, Rough Riders, Sentinel Squads, and Leman Russ. The first two on that list you may take as many as you want of (up to the normal max of 6 Troop slots in any army). Rough Riders, Sentinel Squads, and Leman Russ are a 0-1 choice each, and may ONLY be taken if you first have two inducted IG Troops choices. In addition, NO Doctrines from the IG codex may be used.

If your base army is Imperial Guard with allied Daemonhunters, use the rules presented on page 25 of the DH codex, INSIDE the grey box. Basically, you may use the full IG army list (including Doctrines) as normal, plus limited numbers of DH units. Unlike the above list (DH with inducted IG), you aren't restricted as to WHAT Daemonhunter units you may use, but HOW MANY of them. You're limited to, for the DH units, 0-1 HQ, 0-1 Elite, 0-2 Troops, 0-1 Fast Attack, and NO Heavy Support.

Regardless of which army is the base and which is the add-on contingent, you MUST fufill the mandatory 1 HQ and 2 Troops minimum from the base list. So for example, if your base army is DH, you need 1 DH HQ and 2 DH Troops choices before you can buy any inducted Guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Thanks for the help

I'm now weighing the option of GK Supporting a IG army or IG helping the DH.

Thanks for the advise.

+ Reply to Thread