1010 of sm(custom chapter) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1010 of sm(custom chapter)

HQ-commander-master-term armour-pair lightning claws-melta bombs-master crafted weapons=150

term command squad(4 terms) 4 chainfists- 2 heavy flamers-2 assult cannons-furious charge=252
    preferred enemy=4

Elite-
    term squad-5-3 heavy flamers-2 assult cannons-furious charge-5 chainfists=290
    prefered enemy=5
    Troops-
    7 tactical marines/flamer(sgt-close combat weapon/bolt pistol-term honours)=126
    5 scouts(all w/snipers)=90
    3 drop pods=90
    total=1007

traits
    take the fight to them-suffer not the alien to live/flesh over steel-faithful unto death

Last edited by popes; June 13th, 2006 at 00:04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, some things to think about.

This is a 1000 point list with only 22 models in it. That's bad news. You have 692 points tied up in 10 models. In a 3000 point game, I could swallow that, but with only 1000 points to push around, that's just not the best idea. Those 692 points could buy you 3 Tactical Squads with Power Fist Sergeants, Meltaguns, and Drop Pods and still leave you with points left over. It's not entirely impossible to play this list and win with it, but it's going to be very difficult as every weapon with STR 8+ is going to be pointed at those 10 models. I would personally drop both Terminator Squads and put 30 models on the table to replace them, but if your adamant on using some, only keep one and don't spend more than 240 points on them (5 Terminators, 2x Assault Cannons).

The next problem is the way you have your Terminators kitted out. I don't have my Codex in front of me, but I think you can only have 2 special weapons per squad and I see 5 in one of them. Do yourself a favor and drop those Heavy Flamers for Storm Bolters.

Next thing is that your Tactical Squad Sergeant has paid for Terminator Honors, but not a Power Fist. Why not? It's our most feared weapon and he's halfway to having it! Use the points left over from tossing out those Terminators to give him one.

Next thing is that you are using Flamers in a Tactical Squad which is a big no-no. They belong in Assault Squads and sometimes on Bikes, but that's it. Replace the Flamer with a Meltagun.

With your HQ choice, change him to a regular Captain, and drop the Master Crafted option. If you're keeping him in Terminator Armor, than go with him and a Terminator Command Squad and drop the Elite choice (although, my personal opinion would be to dump all the Terminators and run a Captain attached to a Tactical Squad armed with regular Power Armor, an Iron Halo, Terminator Honors, and those Lightning Claws).

Let us know what models you have available and we'll go from there...

There are really a lot of things that are not the greatest about this list. If you haven't already, read Choasbyrnn's lovely articles on Space Marines. They're immensely helpful to new players.
    Last edited by relasine; June 13th, 2006 at 01:51.

Hunched Over My Workbench, furiously painting away.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

You are definately illegal on the Terminators, 2 HW MAX per unit (ditch the flamers and you're golden). Although I'd personally lose the Elite option termies and do as relasine mentions and get more troops.

You could save yourself a few points by getting rid of all those chainfists, the powerfist is usually enough to kill anything that needs killing.

Re: your tac squad. ditch the sgt with termie honours, and the flamer (these are only good for assault, which you aren't kitted out for). Get a regular Sgt. with a bolter, and a Plasma Cannon and Plasma gun. This would provide you with some serious anti-tank, anti-monsterous creature firepower.
    Baby, when I'm the voice of reason, we've got problems!
    ~artificer

Someone should stop
    Jervis "let's make it easy enough for a 3 year old to play" Johnson
    before he turns 40k into checkers

~anon

+ Reply to Thread