1000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts

HQ-librarian-codicier-veil of time-fear of darkness-term armour-familiar-bionics=150

4 terms-4 chain fists-2 assult cannons-furious assult=212

Troops-
    10 tactical marines-1 plasma gun-plasma cannon- true grit(sgt BP/ccw)=210

=992

i am not looking for any troop transports or vechines

trust your battle brothers- cleanse and purify/flesh over steel/we stand alone

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

It's been awhile since I crtiqued a list. No time like the present.

Libby

He's okay. A suggestion for playing stationary armies, just whizz away with FoD. Watch them run right off tthe board.

Terminators

Doesn't get any better than this. I believe that if you want that last chainfist, your sergeant can buy it directly from the armory.

Tacs

THey are good. The more marines, the more better.

A suggestion. This list is in need of a counter-charge unit, such as assault marines. This way you can delay your opponents moving squads for the time being while the shooty squads focus their fire elswhere.

If you have time, check out the SM articles at the top of this board and read some. There is a vast wealth of knowledge waiting to be tapped.

Peace, popes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, let me say that this list is a vast improvement over your last. You have 36 models on the field which is 14 more than the last one, so kudos.

Based on the list you've given, it looks like you just want to sit back and shoot, shoot, shoot and then receive the charge with counter assault/true grit. This is a nice tactic and your traits work out quite well for this.

Your squads are optimized for shooting but have lots of guys in them, which you don't necessarily need. What you could do is decrease the size of the squads in order to make 5 Plasma Gun/Lascannon squads with 6 men. I like the Plasma Cannons, but they're going to be a total of 25 points more, and I'm unable to point that out at this total... In order to do this, you'd need to dump Bionics, Furious Charge on the Terminator Squad (which is unnecessary anyway), and 2 Chain Fists (they all don't need to be equipped with them, I find that just two is quite enough). You're also going to need to dump one of your Librarian powers, as Codiciers are only allowed a single power (Epistolaries are allowed two, but you must pay an addition 15 points for the upgrade and then the big cost for the second power). So, I would try and change to this...

HQ-librarian-codicier-fear of darkness-term armour-familiar-=140

4 terms-2 chain fists-2 assult cannons-=210

Troops-
    6 tactical marines-1 plasma gun-1 lascannon- true grit(sgt BP/ccw)=133

That'll put you at 1015 points, so a little over, but no biggie. Also, watch how you points things out; both the Terminator and Librarian had higher costs than you listed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by relasine
    Firstly, let me say that this list is a vast improvement over your last. You have 36 models on the field which is 14 more than the last one, so kudos.

Based on the list you've given, it looks like you just want to sit back and shoot, shoot, shoot and then receive the charge with counter assault/true grit. This is a nice tactic and your traits work out quite well for this.

Your squads are optimized for shooting but have lots of guys in them, which you don't necessarily need. What you could do is decrease the size of the squads in order to make 5 Plasma Gun/Lascannon squads with 6 men. I like the Plasma Cannons, but they're going to be a total of 25 points more, and I'm unable to point that out at this total... In order to do this, you'd need to dump Bionics, Furious Charge on the Terminator Squad (which is unnecessary anyway), and 2 Chain Fists (they all don't need to be equipped with them, I find that just two is quite enough). You're also going to need to dump one of your Librarian powers, as Codiciers are only allowed a single power (Epistolaries are allowed two, but you must pay an addition 15 points for the upgrade and then the big cost for the second power). So, I would try and change to this...

HQ-librarian-codicier-fear of darkness-term armour-familiar-=140

4 terms-2 chain fists-2 assult cannons-=210

Troops-

That'll put you at 1015 points, so a little over, but no biggie. Also, watch how you points things out; both the Terminator and Librarian had higher costs than you listed.
    ok thank you i am going to go with that list thank you for the help

+ Reply to Thread