1000 pt city army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt city army

Howdy...

Another old player returning... I'm going to give City of Death a shot soon at a local store with my old-fashioned guard army.

In some choices, like standard bearer, veteran shotguns and powerfist on SO, I am sticking with because the models are too cool not to field. Most of all I want to keep the sentinels. My brother modeled them with nice saws, etc., for combat weapons (hence Hardened Fighters discipline).

Doctrines:
    Light Infantry
    Hardened Fighters
    Close Order Drill
    Sharpshooters
    Iron Discipline

Total Points 985

HQ 204
    Command Squad 114
    Senior Officer w/powerfist + 4x Veteran Guardsmen /w pistol, CCW
    Standard Bearer, Medic
    Iron Discipline

Fire Support Team 90
    6x Guardsmen /w Lasguns
    3 Heavy Bolters
    Sharpshooters

Elites 197
    Hardened Veterans 197
    Veteran Sergeant /w Shotgun
    9x Veterans/w Shotguns
    2 flamers, melta
    Chimera /w Turret Heavy Flamer, Hull Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor

Troops 344
    Command Squad 52
    Junior Officer w/ bolter + 4x Guardsmen /w Laspistol/CCW
    Flamer
    Iron Discipline

Infantry Squad 89
    Veteran Sergeant /w Laspistol, CCW + 9x Guardsmen /w Lasguns
    Grenade Launcher, Sniper
    Light Infantry

Infantry Squad 91
    Plasma, sniper
    Light Infantry

Infantry Squad 112
    Plasma, Lascannon
    Light Infantry

Fast Attack 240
    1 x Sentinel w/ Lascannon 125
    1 x Sentinel w/ Autocannon
    Sharpshooters, Hardened Fighters

Hellhound 115

Heavy Support 0

Total 985

I also have a Basilisk, Leman Russ Battle Tank, another sentinel, more squads, autocannons, lascannons, mortars, etc.

It's 15 points short because I just took out some heavy weapons from squads and added snipers (light infantry). Not sure how useful they'll be. I can change that back.

Is it worth putting the sentinels in 2 squads to spread them out? That wouild also bring it to 1000.

How will this hold up in the city? I was thinking of taking Engineers and whatever else seems good after looking at opposition/terrain.

Thanks for help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seperate sentinels if at all possible, and no, sniper rifles do absolutely jack on their own as many forum members will tell you.

Most important point, give that chimera to the 3rd infantry squad, not the vets, otherwise your army list isn't even legal. :/ which isn't so good...

sentinels aren't allowed sharpshooters are they? well thats 20pts saved for you. get some more heavy weapons in there.

thats all for now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

First up, the sentinels should indeed go in seperate squads, and no they cant have sharpshooters......

Second, just to clarify what Age has said (as i had to read it 4 times to understand), atm your armylist only has 1 troops choice, what Age has suggested is to remove a squad from the platoon and give it a chimera thus creating a second troops choice (an armoured fist squad). This would work fine, as the veterans dont really need the chimera as they can infiltrate into position and still reach the target due to the large amounts of cover in city-fight.

I would also agree on the snipers point, they are a bit useless (if fluffy) in squads...... I would either replace them with heavy weps for extra firepower, or remove them entirely for extra maneovrability......

I would also say that a senior officer with a power fist is a mistake, as he can be picked out in combat, and 9/10 times will die before he strikes..... Not good..... If you want i power fist i would put it on a commissar as he is not an independant charector.....

For stratagems, a good start would be infiltrate, (allowing you to infiltrate.....), and after that its probably best to see after terrain set up, i often use barricades in open areas to give me something to defend.....

Hope that helped!!
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

+ Reply to Thread