New 1500pt List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New 1500pt List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

New 1500pt List

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW LIST BELOW

Right, to start off I'll tell you this list is mainly for numbers and tanks, without going for the annoying conscripts (I don't like commissars having to run around after them). This means I'm not really going for elites.

At the moment I have come up with this list. If comes up to 1302pt (198pt spare) if my maths is correct.
    DOCTRINES:
    a) Iron Discipline

HQ

Command Platoon - 80pt
    Command Squad
    1 HSO (Laspistol, CC Weapon)(Master Vox, Iron Discipline)
    4 Guardsmen (4 lasguns)

TROOPS

Infantry Platoon – 372pt
    Command Squad
    1 JO, 4 Guardsmen (4 lasguns)
    Squad 1:
    9 Guardsmen (6 lasguns, 1 grenade launcher, 1 heavy bolter)(1 vox caster) + 1 Sergeant (1 lasgun)
    Squad 2:
    9 Guardsmen (6 lasguns, 1 grenade launcher, 1 heavy bolter)(1 vox caster) + 1 Sergeant (1 lasgun)
    Squad 3:
    Squad 4:

Infantry Platoon - 400pt
    Command Squad
    Squad 1:
    9 Guardsmen (6 lasguns, 1 plasma gun, 1 lascannon)(1 vox caster) + 1 Sergeant (1 lasgun)
    Squad 2:
    9 Guardsmen (6 lasguns, 1 plasma gun, 1 lascannon)(1 vox caster) + 1 Sergeant (1 lasgun)
    Squad 3:
    Squad 4:

FAST ATTACK

Hellhound - 115pt
    Inferno Cannon, Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT

Leman Russ Battle Tank - 155pt
    Battle Cannon, Hull-mounted Heavy bolter, Heavy Bolter Side Sponsors

Battle Cannon, Hull-mounted Heavy bolter, Heavy Bolter Side Sponsors
    I have a few ideas as to what to do with my points, such as an anti-tank tank (ie a Destroyer Tank Hunter), another hellhound, a mortar squad, ratlings or just plainly more troops for the two squads.

I know I've made a few lists, but I don't want to spend out my cash before knowing what I'm going to do.
    Thanks.

Last edited by PaRaSiTe_X92; June 17th, 2006 at 14:18.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

That look pretty good to me...... Just a couple of points,

1: I would consider putting heavy weapons in you two platoon command squads, they are a bit of a waste otherwise.....

2: I think you do need a bit more anti-tank, and i think a dedicated AT tank is a really charecterful way of doing this, but, i would consider a vanquisher instead of a destroyer, it is in my opinion better against tanks, and as a bonus can function as a leman russ for killing infantry!!

Hope this helped!!
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here, I don't wanna buy and construct a bunch of little thnig sot find out that it is all worked out wrong. Thats why I need help on my pyromaniacs list, but no one cares about it, lol.

First, HQ always have JO with Honorifica, you save yourself 5 points for elsewhere.

No special weapons in C/P, plus your know I/D doesn't go down the vox right?

What are the infantry platoon C/Ps gonna do? They have no special weapons and no morale boosting abilities/men.

You sure you don't wanna put a lascannon in the Russ hull, it would help out with the anti-tank effort?

Other than that, great list, nice job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cripsin
    1: I would consider putting heavy weapons in you two platoon command squads, they are a bit of a waste otherwise.....

2: I think you do need a bit more anti-tank, and i think a dedicated AT tank is a really charecterful way of doing this, but, i would consider a vanquisher instead of a destroyer, it is in my opinion better against tanks, and as a bonus can function as a leman russ for killing infantry!!
    1. They're only really there to be killed as they have to be there lol

2. What specs is the vanquisher cannon? And can I use non-codex vehicles in battle legally, without my opponents permission?

Thanks.

Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shouldn't be thinking about C/Ps like that, they should be there because

A)They add extra special/heavy weapons to support you

They aid the morale of the troops they lead to keep the line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by flakdragon
    First, HQ always have JO with Honorifica, you save yourself 5 points for elsewhere.

No special weapons in C/P, plus your know I/D doesn't go down the vox right?

What are the infantry platoon C/Ps gonna do? They have no special weapons and no morale boosting abilities/men.

You sure you don't wanna put a lascannon in the Russ hull, it would help out with the anti-tank effort?
    1. Great tip, thanks.

2. So which S/W, mortars sound good? And are you sure about I/D, as it is in the mind rather than a see-able item?

3. But again, they're there to fill up space.

4. Not sure about that one. They are awesome anti-infantry atm, and always have the B/C for tanks. But I do have 4 lascannons and maybe another AT Tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by flakdragon
    You shouldn't be thinking about C/Ps like that, they should be there because

A)They add extra special/heavy weapons to support you

They aid the morale of the troops they lead to keep the line
    OK, but the main squad with JO will be hiding at the back with his master vox, and doesn't the guardsmen have to stay with him?
    But I'll definitly add a support squad; mortars sound OK, or maybe lascannons or missile launchers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Personaly i wouldnt put lascannons in support squads, they are far too fragile for my taste, 3 lascannons in a 6 man squad spells target!!

As for the tank, i can't post the rules, but its on the GW website with the armoured company rules, and yes its legal outside tornaments.

For the HQ squad you could add a moratr in, that way they can shoot and stay out of sight....
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Right, sorry about this but I think I've come up with a similar but slightly different list. I don't want to make a new topic so here it is:

HQ

Command Platoon - 170pt
    Command Squad
    1 JO (Laspistol, CC Weapon)(Honorifica Imperialis, Master Vox)
    4 Guardsmen (4 lasguns)
    Mortar Support Squad
    6 Guardsmen (3 mortars, 3 lasguns)

TROOPS

Infantry Platoon – 372pt
    Command Squad
    Squad 1:
    Squad 2:
    Squad 3:
    Squad 4:

Infantry Platoon - 315pt
    Command Squad
    Squad 1:
    Squad 2:
    Squad 3:

FAST ATTACK

Hellhound - 115pt
    Inferno Cannon, Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT

Battle Cannon, Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Side Sponsors

Battle Cannon, Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Side Sponsors

Vanquisher - 190pt
    Vanquisher Cannon, Hull-mounted Lascannon, Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter

28pt left. Advice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off your second infantry platoon is costed wrong (in both lists actually). Your second list should have the platoon with the lascannons at 340 points total.

Now onto the units:

1. I dont really think the mortar support squad will do much for you. For the same cost you can get a heavy bolter fire support squad which is a far better buy if you ask me. On the other hand, you already have bucket loads of anti infantry firepower at your disposal. Regardless of what people say about lascannon anti tank squads, you really cant go past them when you start playing battles in the 1500 point bracket. I take one in EVERY game I play and they do far more damage than any line unit can. 6 wounds isn't much, but intelligent use of cover and range will ensure that this squad isn't easily hit in the first couple of turns short of a battlecannon landing on them. Remember, you only need this squad to take out one tank and you get your points back. Final point however, dont replace you lascannons in your line squads with an anti tank lascannon squad. Take the AT squad in addition to the lascannons in your line squads, apart from the obvious increase you get in fire power, your list will then benefit from redundancy. That way, if you are unlucky enough to lose your AT squad (or they just plain miss), you still have the lascannons in your line squads to fall back on.

2. Again with the anti tank, for a tad less than the cost of your mortar squad, you can take a 5 man suicide squad of deepstriking veterans armed with three melta guns. A bargain for the price, but the downside is that they can really only be expected to kill one tank before they are toast. If you know you will be facing more than one main tank, the AT squad is still a better buy.

3. I'm not sold on the lone hellhound in this list. It sort of sticks out as a weak spot in my opinion. Its a unit that has to get relatively close to the enemy in order to use its main weapon. Not really a problem when you have other units advancing with it, but when its on its own, suddenly it becomes a juicy and fragile target. I think you should really only consider taking a hellhound if you have one or two other units that will close with the enemy so that your benefit from a bit of added protection. Possibly a second hellhound or mounted grenadier squad, better yet, a demolisher armed with three heavy bolters. Your opponents will not doubt target the demolisher, which is better able to absorb the damage, while your hellhound teaches enemy troops the meaning of 'toasty'. Now I know you have russes that could fill this role, but with the max range of the battle cannon, you really should have these tanks sitting back as far as possible. Final point on the hellhound and its 'up close' nature, you will really want extra armour on that bad boy to ensure that nothing less than an immobilised or destroyed result stops it from moving. A hellhound can be easily destroyed by power fists if it suffers a crew stunned result in the shooting phase. Its not a pretty sight.

4. Doctrines: You should probably give your command JO's iron discipline if only so you can rally troops that are under 50%. Its such a cheap upgrade but can make all the difference in the late game with regards to VP's and your opponent only getting half points for squads. I'd also take close order drill seeing as it costs nothing, and isn't bad at giving your guardsman half a chance at actually taking down some of their initiative 4 enemies in close combat.

I guess thats it for now. Overall its a fairly solid list, a bit light on anti tank, and only a couple of qustionable choices. Should do ok.
    What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast