1k space marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k space marines

Hiya everyone this is a 1k list of space marines that i have come up with i have tried to make it as balanced i can, it will be fighting tau and guard any help will be greatfully accepted thanxs in advance,,,

Reclusiarch
    plasma pistol, bionics, purity seals.

tactical squad
    vet with twrmanator honours
    6 marines with bolters
    1 marine with missile launcher
    1 marine with plasma gun

Scout squad
    4 scouts with sniper rifles
    1 scout with missile launcher

bike squad
    1 sergeant with terminator honours, power weapon
    1 biker with melta gun
    1 plasma gun
    Attack bike with heavy bolter

Assault squad
    sergeant with terminator honours, power fist
    2 marines with flamers
    7 marines with bolt pistols and ccw

Venerable dreadnought
    twin-linked lascannons, missile launcher, extra armour, venerable, tank hunter skill

TOTAL PTS 998

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

I don't know what help you need. You have a very nice list there my friend.

Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanxs i was just wondering would it be any good against guard and tau lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i like the army alot but i really think u should give ur chappy a bike, he would be much more effective, i no u may have to work some things around but it would be very effective

and yes bikes will completely rape tau and most likely guard, unless the guy has a super equiped command squad, which u may have trouble with, i no my freind uses guard, and his packs in his command squad a psyker-force weapon, commander with powerfist, and a med, of course if ur chappy is on a bike and gets in there then there shouldnt be a problem
    My Librarian's familiar just killed a fire warrior and passed two 6+ saves, he has earned the title of The Familiar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the HQ, not bad. I don't like Plasma Pistols on my HQ because I don't want them taking "Get's Hot!" wounds, but that's just me.

For the Tactical Squad, if you're not giving your Veteran Sergeant a Power Weapon or Power Fist, you're better off spending those 15 points for Terminator Honors elsewhere. If that squads going to stand and shoot, drop it to 6 Marines with a Plasma Gun and Missile Launcher/Lascannon.

On the Scout Squad, it's okay. I think you should try to fit in 3 more Sniper Rifles in there if you can, as 8 is the number you need if you want to get the most out of Sniper Rifles.

The Assault Squad is perfect. Don't change a thing.

The Dreadnought will get torn to shreds by Tau/Guard, so drop Venerable and Drop Pod the thing and don't let them shoot at it, because it will 'splode - keep it in combat.

Here's the thing - you say you're going to be fighting Tau and Guard, so you need to be designing the army to assault. I know the urge to build "balanced" is quite tempting, but the way to go is build a shooting army or assaulting army. Now, Space Marines don't shoot as well as Tau or Guard, so you need to play to your obvious strength: Assault. So, more assaulting stuff is what is required (10-man Tac/Assault Squads w/ Power Fist Sergeants are b-e-a-utiful).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsun68
    Hiya everyone this is a 1k list of space marines that i have come up with i have tried to make it as balanced i can, it will be fighting tau and guard any help will be greatfully accepted thanxs in advance,,,

Reclusiarch
    plasma pistol, bionics, purity seals.
    He's got the need for speed, bike or jump pack would help him out alot considering you already have a squad of each he can join

tactical squad
    vet with twrmanator honours
    6 marines with bolters
    1 marine with missile launcher
    1 marine with plasma gun
    If you're not fishing in the armory, termie honours is kinda useless

Scout squad
    4 scouts with sniper rifles
    1 scout with missile launcher
    Missile launcher mixes roles too much, a heavy bolter is a better choice or equipping everyone else with bolters would also work. This unit is pretty expensive and you aren't getting much for your troubles unless you optimize it.

bike squad
    1 sergeant with terminator honours, power weapon
    1 biker with melta gun
    1 plasma gun
    Attack bike with heavy bolter
    No complaints, a decent number of bikes with some good HTH, go nuts.

Assault squad
    sergeant with terminator honours, power fist
    2 marines with flamers
    7 marines with bolt pistols and ccw
    Looks good here as well

Venerable dreadnought
    twin-linked lascannons, missile launcher, extra armour, venerable, tank hunter skill
    This guy is alot of points and even if he does kill a tank, will most likely not earn his value back, consider trimming him a bit.

TOTAL PTS 998
    Not a bad list, it has a heavy assault focus with some fire support. Considering amping up the chappy's speed and throwing some melta bombs on the bikes, assault squad, or both (at 2 pts each, what do you really have to lose).
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

+ Reply to Thread