1000 points guard army (1st on this site) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

1000 points guard army (1st on this site)

hi,
    this is my first list on this site and what i have put here is most likely what models i will have when i have finshed painting (and buying)

HQ command points

junoir officer with boltgun - power weapon 57
    vet with standard

anti tank squad - 3 lascannons 110

Storm troops - 7 men with 1 plasma gun and one GL 88

Platoon 1

junoir officer with boltgun and power weapon 56
    heavy bolter

squad one - heavy bolter and 1 plasma gun 80
    squad two - heavy botler and 1 plasma gun 80

Platoon 2

junoir officer - heavy bolter 50

squad one - GL and missile launcher 83
    squad two - plasma gun and missile launcher 85

leman russ tank - 3 heavy bolters 155
    leman russ tank - 3 heavy bolters 155

any good?

"Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Not bad, but there are things that can be improved upon. Right now the biggest weakness is that all your anti-tank power is focused in one squad with only six squishy Guardsmen protecting them. Move the lascannons into your Infantry Squads and make a Fire Support Squad of heavy bolters instead (assuming you think you need the extra anti-infantry power, the Russes should handle this well). I like that you have mostly plasma, I'd make it all plasma as soon as you have the models to do so. The Storm Troopers stand out since they're not really doing anything special. Storm Troopers should either be deep striking or mounted in a Chimera, not standing around like an Infantry Squad. If you're looking for static firepower, a Hardened Veteran Squad is a much better alternative. Also you need more of a leadership network, Junior Officer probably won't cut it for your Command HQ. At the least I'd want all of my officers to have Iron Discipline. Upgrading the one JO to a Heroic Senior Officer (save five points by giving him the Honorifica Imperialis) would also help.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

thanks for the info

I do have 2 missile launchers in there as well as the lascannons for anti-tank and i will put the lascannons far at the back so they can get in 2 truns of shooting

So you want me to drop the Storm troops and get Iron Discipline on the junoir officers or deep striking the Storm troops (maybe make it a 5 man unit with melta guns?)

I will put the officers behind cover if i can so maybe i wont need Iron Discipline as i have a standard, maybe drop the standard and get Iron Discipline?

I was thinking that i dont have any light anti-tank for things like landspeeders, can you see this being a problem?

ok last thing, puting the lascannons in the line squads will mean that i will waste my lasgun shots and i cant see the point of plasma guns in a squad shooting at tanks
    Last edited by KOS-MOS; June 18th, 2006 at 22:17.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Iron Discipline works well in accordance with the standard. If you're going to drop anything, lose the power weapons as they'll likely have little impact for you. And don't think of it as "wasting" lasgun shots, as there's virtually nothing to waste in the first place. In most situations, they're only a shade above useless. Having the lascannon in the squad doesn't necessitate you to shoot at vehicles, only gives you better capability to handle them. Lascannons kill Marines just as well as missile launchers. As for Land Speeders, the myriad of heavy bolters in the list (between infantry and the Russes) should be able to handle them just fine. Upgrade a couple to autocannons if you're still not comfortable, though.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

+ Reply to Thread