[1000pts] Omega Legion for Medusa v - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

[1000pts] Omega Legion for Medusa v

This is my city fight army. Let me know what you think?

Chaplain Ezra

Master of Sanctity- Bolt pistol, Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Frag grenades, Melta bombs, Jump pack. 127pts

Revered Brother Nova

Venerable dreadnought- Assualt cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon with integral heavy flamer, Extra armour, Smoke launchers. 143pts

Tactical Squad Raeleon

Veteran sergeant- Bolter, Powerfist, Terminator honours, Bionics, True Grit, Counter attack, Infiltrate
    9 Spacemarines- Bolters, Close combat weapons, Meltagun, True Grit, Counter attack, Infiltrate. 255pts

Tactical squad Ortega

6 Spacemarines- Bolters, Plasma gun, Missle launcher. 110pts

Tactical squad Sirius

Assualt Squad Damiel

Veteran sergeant- Bolt pistol, Powerfist, Terminator honours, Frag grenades, Jump pack, Combat shield.
    9 Spacemarines- Bolt pistols, Close combat weapons, Frag grenades, Jump packs. 255pts

Total-1000pts

Chapter Traits- Trust your battle brothers, See but don't be seen and Eye to Eye.

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense, but i dont think that dreadnoughts would be very good in city fight because they cant infiltrate and they're nice and big targets. in a realisitic example, a tank going through a city. it's a nice and big target and easily poped by some rocket launcher. same in this case. some guy will infiltrate a unit w/ a rocket launcher or another high strenght weapon and pop it int he back. there goes the dreadnought. my advice would be to trade that dreadnought for a veteran squad or something that can infiltrate. then you can turn the tables if some1 is stupid enough to take a tank to city fight.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Actually they will be rather good in a city fight having a distyinct advantage over most vehicles as they can claim objectives and gain protection from being in cover. Which is most of the time in a city fight.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdeath3
    No offense, but i dont think that dreadnoughts would be very good in city fight because they cant infiltrate and they're nice and big targets. in a realisitic example, a tank going through a city. it's a nice and big target and easily poped by some rocket launcher. same in this case. some guy will infiltrate a unit w/ a rocket launcher or another high strenght weapon and pop it int he back. there goes the dreadnought. my advice would be to trade that dreadnought for a veteran squad or something that can infiltrate. then you can turn the tables if some1 is stupid enough to take a tank to city fight.
    It is true, dreds can not infiltrate, but they can drop pod in if you pay the points for the pod and take the deep strike strategem. Deep striking with a pod is a beautiful thing!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell
    This is my city fight army. Let me know what you think?

Chaplain Ezra

Master of Sanctity- Bolt pistol, Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Frag grenades, Melta bombs, Jump pack. 127pts

Revered Brother Nova

Venerable dreadnought- Assualt cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon with integral heavy flamer, Extra armour, Smoke launchers. 143pts

Tactical Squad Raeleon

Veteran sergeant- Bolter, Powerfist, Terminator honours, Bionics, True Grit, Counter attack, Infiltrate
    9 Spacemarines- Bolters, Close combat weapons, Meltagun, True Grit, Counter attack, Infiltrate. 255pts

Tactical squad Ortega

Tactical squad Sirius

Assualt Squad Damiel

Veteran sergeant- Bolt pistol, Powerfist, Terminator honours, Frag grenades, Jump pack, Combat shield.
    9 Spacemarines- Bolt pistols, Close combat weapons, Frag grenades, Jump packs. 255pts

Total-1000pts

Chapter Traits- Trust your battle brothers, See but don't be seen and Eye to Eye.

The veterans are a little spendy, but I understand you want to infiltrate them. You may consider a squad of scouts instead, give the Sgt a PF too. The downside is you will lose the melta gun.

Also Tactical squads Sirius and Orteg require a Sgt. I don't know if you are not counting a Sgt, or if you just decided not to write them in the description because they are not veterans, or something.

One more thing, if you can afford a plasma pistol and a flamer in your assault squad, it will be points well spent. The flamer on the jump squad is like GOLD when hitting those units in cover, and in Cities of Death, EVERYONE is in cover...!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor!
    The veterans are a little spendy, but I understand you want to infiltrate them. You may consider a squad of scouts instead, give the Sgt a PF too. The downside is you will lose the melta gun.
    I am not a big fan of scouts to be honest and this is one of my main units. Besides it is actually a tactical squad with the trait upgrades.

Also Tactical squads Sirius and Orteg require a Sgt. I don't know if you are not counting a Sgt, or if you just decided not to write them in the description because they are not veterans, or something.
    The unit has a normal sergeant with a bolter leading them. These units are support only really.

One more thing, if you can afford a plasma pistol and a flamer in your assault squad, it will be points well spent. The flamer on the jump squad is like GOLD when hitting those units in cover, and in Cities of Death, EVERYONE is in cover...!
    True, I will give that some consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this list. It's simple and will, has two strong assault elements, two strong shooting elements, and some armor. I second the notion of adding Flamers to the Assault Squad. They're a thing of beauty.

+ Reply to Thread