1500 against Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 against Tau

Hello eveyone, I was wondering if I could get some input. I'll be fighting my friend who is using Tau with 2 broadsides, 6 sniper drones, 12 kroot with marker lights, 3 squads of 12 FW with bonding, 2 hammerheads 1 hammer with a rail the other with a Ion cannon and 4 crisis suits with plas and missle pods

Here is my list.

HQ
    Cannoness PW, bolter, lit of faith and sarissa
    Retune in Immolator with twin linked HF's Holy Prom, ex armor and smoke
    VSS Bolter CC wep
    Cele SBolter
    Cele Meltagun
    Cele Bolter

Leet
    Mistress
    Priest CC wep and shotgun
    9 repentas

Troops
    Vss Plas pistol CCwep
    1 imagifer
    6 bolters
    1 melta
    1 SB
    mounted in Rhino smoke and ex armor

Vss Plas Pistol CC wep
    7 bolters
    1 melta
    1 SB
    mounted in rhino smoke and ex armor

Heavy
    (2) Exorcist Tank ex armor smoke

3 pent engines

I was thinking of dropping an ex tank and replacing them with a seraphim squad with infernos to go hunting, or instead of seraphim add a Ret squad with MMeltas.

Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Ouch, that Tau army is set up to kill power armour (plas rifles, rail rifles, ion cannon all ignore 3+ armour) and kill vehicles. Definitely a shooty Tau army, which can be a problem for Sisters.

Let's run down that list.

HQ
    That Immo will be popped like a can. The Tau army has so much anti-tank most of his army is capable of damaging it. He has a strong incentive to do so too as Heavy Flamers wreak havoc on FW's.

The Canoness and squad are equipped poorly. A power weapon and sarissa is a useless combo. You can use one or the other in combat, but not both. Read the entries carefully. A power weapon with only S3 isn't much cop anyway. She needs the tried and tested Cloak and either an Eviscerator or the blessed weapon. An Evisc is good as with HotE you can insta-kill suit, altho the bw is also good as it kills Tau on a flat 2+. Personally I'd drop the retinue and go with a jump-packing Canoness against this army. You need the mobility and the ability to take cover.

Elite
    Repentia will die horribly long before they reach combat. Your opponent can gun them down, or simply have the Kroot eat them. These troops are always totally useless in all circumstances, never take them.

Troops
    With only two small squads in Rhinos the Tau will laugh and wipe them out. I'd say against a Tau army like this attempting a Rhino rush at all is on a hiding to nothing. I have five Rhinos but even so the Tau has no less than 13 units which can effectively target Rhinos. I'd take three or four sizeable foot squads and try for a steady advance to pressure him.

Fast Attack
    You don't have any, which is a crippling weakness. Against a Tau army like this I'd ideally take three 8-strong Seraphim squads, all with VSS with Eviscerator and a set of hand flamers and inferno pistols each. Such a force can tear up anything Tau and has massive redundancy, which the heavy casualties it will take will necessitate.

Heavy Support
    Exo's are essential. Use their move and fire ability to the max to knock out as much Tau heavy stuff as you can before they are destroyed. If you can't cut down the Tau fire a little bit you won't last long.

The Retribs are FW killers par excellence if given four heavy bolters. Use them to target those rail rifles if you possibly can. Bulk up the squad to 10, you'll need the numbers if the Tau think the squad is a threat and decide to vape it.

Your penitent engines have no chance of catching a Tau player who is capable of choosing a list like that. They are even more vulnerable than Rhinos. They won't even distract the Tau firing, he has so many units which can kill them easily.

Overall this is a rock-hard list to play against for Sisters. I'd max out on jumpy Canonesses, Seraphim, Exo's and Retribs, with a line of foot Battle Sisters to absorb fire and pressure him. When it comes to table set up try to put as much cover down as possible, and do all you can to stick the biggest and tallest bits in the centre of the board. Cover saves will be essential for the foot Sisters, concealment will be vital for the rest of the army. Cover will lend him no advantage as flamers will winkle out his FW's, and he has too few Kroot to counter you by assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll do my best to follow your ideas. But unfortunetly I don't have enough SoB's modles yet to take in your ideas fully. So I made the following changes.

HQ
    Cannones
    JP
    Plas Pistol
    Blessed Wep
    Cloak

Troops
    Vss plas pistol cc wep
    10 bolters
    1 Sbolter
    1 Melta

Vss plas pistol cc wep
    10 bolters
    1 Sbolter
    1 Melta

Storm Troopers
    8 hellguns
    2 meltas

Fast
    Seraphim
    Vss plas pistol cc wep
    1 twin flame
    1 inferno
    5 bolt pistols

Seraphim
    Vss plas pistol cc wep
    1 twin flame
    1 inferno
    5 bolt pistols

Heavy
    (2) Exorcist ex armor, smoke

Ret
    Vss Bolter cc wep
    4 HB's
    5 Bolters

I would give the cannoness the evis, but that BS of 5 is just too good to give up IMHO. I was hoping to use the pent eng's as cover for the Repentas, making him worry about them instead of my troops and HQ. But I forgot that regular FW's could tear apart the pents leaving the repentas all alone to be torn apart next. I was hoping to just use them as a firing distraction. Also i was toying with the idea of a cheap Inq lord so I could bring an Callidus and some Death cult assaians to cause havoc with his FW's. But I think I'll give this a shot. Thanks for the help.

=][= Suffer not the witch to Live! =][=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

I would say take another exorcist and aim at the suits, as they as are going to be trouble, and the things exorcists shoot are str8... I think? That would instakill them, which is a good strategy for killing them... otherwise I'd just (oh by the way I play Tau >.>') concentrate firepower on the suits and the hammerheads, because without those the army will really be crippled.
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

+ Reply to Thread