1850 Imperial Fists w/Lysander - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Imperial Fists w/Lysander

I'm sure this list has already been invented, but the idea just seemed too cool to pass up. Has anyone used an army like this? If so, how did it fare? I think I'll try this out next weekend.

Lysander w/4 Terminators, 2 Assault Cannons @370

Codicer w/4 Terminators, 2 Assault Cannons @330
    -Terminator Armor, Fear the Darkness

5 Terminators w/2 Assault Cannons @240

6 Marines w/Lascannon, Tank Hunter @120

5 Bikers w/2 Meltaguns, Powerfist, Teleport Homer @215

Total: 1850

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodAngel
    I'm sure this list has already been invented, but the idea just seemed too cool to pass up. Has anyone used an army like this? If so, how did it fare? I think I'll try this out next weekend.

Lysander w/4 Terminators, 2 Assault Cannons @370

Codicer w/4 Terminators, 2 Assault Cannons @330
    -Terminator Armor, Fear the Darkness

Total: 1850
    this army seems a really dependent on getting there shots from afar. just my opinion:
    take out your elite Terminator squads out and replace them with Assault terminator squads. then use those extra 80 points to put 2 more more SM into each of your tac squads. you need vet sarges in order to have thos tele homers (only reason i say this is that the vets aren't listed in the bike squads) another thing is that this army lacks in anti-tank, so watch out for those as well as skimmers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense, but Deep Striking Assault Terminators is a pretty bad idea. For one thing, they can't shoot, so they do nothing for you the turn they come on. Second, if you scatter so you're more than 6 inches away from an enemy, he can just run straight away from you and you WILL NOT get into combat.

I also don't think I'm lacking anti-tank; 2 str10 lascannons, 4 meltaguns on bikes, and not to mention one (actually 8 ) of the best anti-tank weapons in the game: the assault cannon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like an interesting force, its got my thumbs up. I also think your Anti Armor firepower is pretty solid. Actually think you might be more in trouble vs. horde armies if anything, but being able to place 20 Terminators in one turn with some precision should give you some good tactical options. I always like to put plasma guns in my tac squads(especially if they are Tank hunters!), since they have made their points back in every game I played, but you seem to be pretty tight on points so guess it is what it is. Good luck with it and please let us know how it fares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodAngel
    No offense, but Deep Striking Assault Terminators is a pretty bad idea. For one thing, they can't shoot, so they do nothing for you the turn they come on. Second, if you scatter so you're more than 6 inches away from an enemy, he can just run straight away from you and you WILL NOT get into combat.

I also don't think I'm lacking anti-tank; 2 str10 lascannons, 4 meltaguns on bikes, and not to mention one (actually 8 ) of the best anti-tank weapons in the game: the assault cannon!
    uhh...its something called your teleport homers on bikes????remember????you put them on there???? so there isNO SCATTER.
    dude...asault cannon is good for mainly dreads and other lighter armor. you shouldnt rely on those for anti-tank busting.

oh, and i pray you never make the mistake of fighting necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, there's a good chance of the assault termies not scattering, but the bikes would have to be pretty close to the enemy-which is not always the best idea. I think regular termies are far more efficient for their points.

Actually, the Assault Cannon has ALMOST TWO TIMES the chance of glancing or penetrating a Land Raider than a Lascannon. All you need is one six on the roll against AV and you're golden (unless of course you subsequently roll a one :wacko: )
    Last edited by BloodAngel; June 29th, 2006 at 04:17.

+ Reply to Thread