1500 DA for CoD - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 DA for CoD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

1500 DA for CoD

Greetings all, ==Me== here. Some of you may remember ==Me== from waaay back, I have returned from the warp to LO, one of ==My== favorite forums back in the day

I've been tinkering and toying with lots of ideas for the upcoming campaign, and this is ==My== latest brainchild. It's centered around CoD more than anything, so please keep that in mind. I'm really trying to get a solid list down before this thing starts, so be as brutal as you need to be.
    Here we go:

1500 Angels of the Lion

HQ (342)
    Master Tintagel (Captain): power weapon, bolt pistol, combat shield, terminator honors, stubborn, infiltrate, frag grenades (110)
    Command Squad: 8 marines-infiltrate, frag grenades, 2w/ plasma guns, Apothecary, Veteran Sergeant-powerfist, stubborn (232)

ELITES (150)
    Dreadnought: assault cannon, heavy flamer, extra armor (120)
    Drop Pod (30)

TROOPS (845)
    Tactical Squad: 10 marines-frag grenades, 1w/ flamer, Veteran Sergeant-thunder hammer, stubborn (216)
    Rhino: extra armor, smoke launchers (5
    Tactical Squad: 8 marines, 1w/ plasma cannon, 1w/ plasma gun, Veteran Sergeant-power weapon, stubborn (180)
    Tactical Squad: 6 marines, 1w/ lascannon, 1w/ plasma gun (115)
    Scout Squad: 8 scouts-bolt pistols, close combat weapons, frag grenades, Veteran Sergeant-powerfist, stubborn (145)
    Scout Squad: 7 scouts, 5w/ sniper rifles, 1w/ missile launcher, Sergeant-sniper rifle (131)

HEAVY SUPPORT (163)
    Vindicator: Power of the Machine Spirit, dozer blade, smoke launchers (163)

Total Points: 1500
    Model Count: 52

Any comments, criticisms, confessions of undying love, etc are all welcome

Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello ==Me==
    Like you i have returned to this forum recently but i shall do my best to help you...

Okay...

Criticizations

1. Unless you are going against a horde army such as Imperial Guard or Tryanids i strongly suggest against taking flamers. Because aside from the numbers of men that they can hit they do not cause all that much damage against medium to well armed opponents where you could be better spent putting the points somewhere else... such as a meltagun or plasma gun if you had the points.

2. Again unless you are deliberatly going to charge that 10man Tactical Squad against vehicles or hunt down multi wound characters there is really no point paying for a thunder hammer when you could pay for him to have a power fist... which i think are worth more than a thunder hammer because there a lot less oppourtunity to use a thunder hammer to its full capacity in a normal game.

3. With the 2nd Tactical Squad they do not seem to look like they have a specific purpose in mind this is because you have a Veteran Sergeant equipped with a power weapon but you also have a plasma cannon. They should either be all shooty or all combat if you have a heavy weapon such as that equipped. What i would do is get rid of the 3rd Tactical Squad and the Plasma Cannon of the 2nd squad and invest in getting a devastator squad with missile launchers so that you can either frag large squads or krak tanks... whatever takes your fancy.

4. Vindicator is a good choice but you have to remember the limited range of them. 24" is only the range of a bolter so you have to be at a decent range to use them. Also Vindicators will attract fire like "iron filings to a magnet" unless the is a nice peice of cover sitting 24" away from the enemy then it is possible that you will not have the Vindicator on the other side of the battle.

Applaudes

1. All in all this seems like a reasonably well balanced list (also take note that i do not know what CoD is so this is advice is probably way off) all of the afore mentioned are my personal opinions but feel free to heed the advice is you want... Also do not be detered that there are more Criticizations then Applaudes, they are meant as helpful criticizations...

From Across the Table

White Ninja Warlord... :ninja:
    ~The Means Will Always Justify The Ends~

"Anything in Inquisitor is plausible, just mathematically improbable"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

CoD is Cities of Death, so lots of terrain, limited firing lanes, etc.

The flamer is to take advantage of the massive terrain, taking a serious toll of enemies packed tightly together to avoid...

The Vindicator, which will roll down the streets blasting anything in its path. The Vindy and Rhino squad team up to steamroll densely packed areas, with the Dread dropping in for support.

The Power Weapon Vet is for the eventual assault, it works better than nothing:hmm:

The Thunder Hammer is a bit much, but it's the only other powerfist equiv I have, but I'll probably end up dropping it.

Thanks for your time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in terms of your plasma weapons, I'd say the plasma gun itself won't be particularly useful because of the abundance of cover saves but the plasma cannon is nice because units will be closer together and you should be able to use the blast chartiristic to better effect.

I personally wouldn't take scouts in CoD because the 3+ armor save is really nice, and I'm sure people will be running heavy flamers but I can see their usefulness.

It is a good idea to have some extra CC power when in comes to CoD just because its going to happen eventually. The thunder hammer may be a little much but its only 5 points more than a fist right? Other than that you might want to drop the rhino but its alright, worse comes to worse, use it to block LOS to a unit:shifty: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

You have 3 units with Infiltrate. I don't have the CoD booklet but I do recall that you can only have 1 unit infiltrating, and that by using a stratagem.

For the rest the list seems well-kit for CoD.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

No problem with infiltrate, it allows all units with infiltrate to do their thing (CoD p. 40).

As for the TH, I'm going to drop it down to a powerfist and use the saced points for another Scout.

+ Reply to Thread