Cadian7th Infantry Company 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadian7th Infantry Company 1500pts

Ok then after unleashing the Cadians yet again the bug has hit back, finally willed myself Into completing my all Infantry list buying a load more Cadians at lunch and coming up with the list below.
    It's not exactly uber-beard or anything like, but hopefully not a complete pushover. I've mainly gone for model count over Infiltrate/chameoline etc as I'm thinking the more the merrier.
    I think I've Included a nice number of meatshields guns and counter charge units to keep It competetive while still keeping the fun factor Intact for Vet nights and maybe even tourney play, so what do you think?

Cadian7th Infantry Company

Doctrines:
    Drop Troops
    Iron Discipline
    Conscripts
    Veterans
    Special Weapon Squad

HQ
    Junior Officer
    Honorifica Imperialis
    Bolt Pistol / Power Weapon
    Iron Discipline
    3 x Flamers
    Standard Bearer
    (105pts)

HQ
    Commissar Gaunt (Attached To Conscipts)
    (75pts)

Fire Support Squad
    3 x Autocannons
    (95pts)

Anti Tank Squad
    3 x Lascannons
    (110pts)

Special Weapons Squad (Drop Troops)
    1 x Demo Charge
    (45pts)

1 x Demo Charge
    (45pts)

TROOPS (Drop Troops)
    Command Squad
    Junior Officer
    4 x Melta Guns
    1 x Bolter
    (81pts)

SQUAD 1: Heavy Bolter / Plasma
    SQUAD 2: Heavy Bolter / Plasma
    SQUAD 3: Heavy Bolter / Plasma
    (240pts)

TROOPS (LD Bubble/Drop Troops/Counter Charge)
    Command Squad
    Junior Officer
    Bolt-Pistol / Power Weapon
    Iron Discipline
    4 x Flamers
    (75pts)

SQUAD 1: Missile Launcher / Plasma
    SQUAD 2: Missile Launcher / Plamsa
    SQUAD 3: Missile Launcher / Plasma
    (255pts)

TROOPS
    30 x Conscripts
    (120pts)

ELITES (Drop Troops)
    5 x Veterans
    Vet Sgt
    Bolter
    3 x Melta Guns
    (76pts)

ELITES
    6 x Veterans
    Vet Sgt
    Bolter
    1 x Lascannon / 1 x Plasma Gun
    (89pts)

ELITES
    6 x Veterans
    Vet Sgt
    Bolter
    1 x Lascannon / 1 x Plasma Gun
    (89pts)

1500pts / 147 Models

Last edited by Cadian7th; July 6th, 2006 at 11:36.
    FLAME ON!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

The list looks pretty good!

I hope you are not planning to move the concripts though, as the Commissar has to stay with HQ, (unless you take idenpendant Commissars doctorine).

I would upgrade your ML anti tank squad to Lascannons though. You need more Lascannons, and in an HQ they are only 5pts more than Missle Launchers, and far more effective.

Cheers!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it, and if I am not mistaken he took the Special Character Commissar Gaunt, which is a nifty thing to do with the conscripts.
    In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies,
    Have made a few adjustments, knocked out the vox system which was only really there for the Vets who could probably survive without the +1 LD so In comes the LC's and an extra flamer for the HQ squad.
    I'll be using Gaunt with the conscripts basically to make them an uber tar unit placing him at the back maybe bringing In his ST4 PW In to finish the remnants of any squads they come across, haven't tried this tactic yet but for his points It's got to be worth a go.
    At the moment I'm basically trying to build up an efficient all-Infantry army from my STD list to hopefully take to the GT In Oct, to those that may remember my STD guard list last year just fell short due to my lack of fluff of all things :cry:, this time I want to go all out with the element of surprise bringing In 140+ flak armoured humies against all those MEQ hunters It's bound to be a worth a laugh just for the look of shock as they deploy and hopefully bringing qualification second time around :yes:
    If anybody can provde me with with any more tactics, hint's tips about the art of all-Infantry I'll be much obliged, rep for the good stuff ,
    Cheers
    Cadian7th
    Last edited by Cadian7th; July 6th, 2006 at 13:31.
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just remember to keep gaunt in the back of the conscripts because in CC he can be singled out.
    In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just remember to keep gaunt in the back of the conscripts because in CC he can be singled out.
    Problem Is though Is that when Gaunt can charge, he HAS to charge In so cheeky tactics have to be used I.e making sure conscripts block his path to combat as he can't pass through enemy models
    Probably going to playtest the list against some GT style lists on tuesday will see how they fare then.....
    Keep the comments rolling,
    Cheers
    Cadian7th
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Honestly, I don't think you'll get as much use out of the conscripts as you'd like. Against a dedicated assault unit, 30 sub-guardsmen isn't a terrible hurdle to surmount, and you're not likely to do a ton of damage to them in return. Meanwhile you invested all those points in a tar pit who won't contribute any effective shooting to your force, so you bought them just to suffer and die. Regular Guard squads can suffer and die with the best of them, as we all know from experience. I'd use the points to purchase more infantry with guns so you can kill more of the enemy before he gets close up. If something threatening appears near your lines, you still have the option to bumrush it with regular guardsmen squads, if rapid fire won't get the job done.

Beyond that, a few assorted points:
    * Don't like the lascannon anti-tank squad, its too obvious of a target with too little protecting those guns. I'd embed them in the Infantry Platoon with heavy bolters and plasma. Fire Support Squads don't tend to attract much attention, but 3 lascannons with only 6 guardsmen shielding them do. I know some people argue that it "wastes" the Guardsmen in the squad's shooting since lasguns can't harm vehicles--well, normally lasguns can't harm much of anything except in sheer volume. Just think of how many shots you waste when that anti-tank squad gets lit up on the first turn and a large chunk of your effective AT weaponry disapears.
    * Figure out what you want your Command Squads to do, and then equip them appropriately. I see Iron Discipline paired with multiple special weapons and Drop Troops, which really doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense. You should know before the game starts whether or not you're going to be deep striking Command Squads. You also need a leadership network to keep the boys from running. In the set-up you have, I'd say leave two for leadership and DS one, probably with plasma guns. But have roles designated for everyone, don't try to wing it otherwise you waste points and opportunity.
    * Why only one special weapon for most of your Vet Squads? If you're going to put them on the ground you should take advantage of their full capabilities.
    * Why flamers? In any instance, why bother with bug spray? If you deep strike in you have to be painfully close to use them. If you just deploy on the board normally and stand-and-shoot, you can't fire them until you're within sneezing distance. Moreover they don't pack effective strength or AP value, so why bother at all? Give your guardsmen the guns of real men, plasma or melta.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok then,
    Stuff the counter charge give me guns. lots of guns! :w00t:
    Cheers for the comments Sokhar, I'm sure you ruined my list from last year as well
    At least this time I've got time to bring In the suitable changes beforehand.
    Anyhow I've now gone for max bang for buck this time maxing out on special/heavy weapons across the board.
    I'm liking the look of the list as It Is and would appreciate any feedback (especially Sokhar!)
    Many thanks,
    Cadian7th

Cadian7th Infantry Company

Doctrines:
    Drop Troops
    Iron Discipline
    Close Order Drill
    Veterans
    Special Weapon Squad

HQ
    Junior Officer
    Honorifica Imperialis
    Bolt Pistol / Power Weapon
    Iron Discipline
    Vox-Caster
    Standard Bearer
    (92pts)

Fire Support Squad
    3 x Heavy Bolters
    (80pts)

Fire Support Squad
    3 x Autocannons
    (95pts)

Anti Tank Squad
    3 x Missile Launchers
    (95pts)

1 x Demo Charge
    (45pts)

1 x Demo Charge
    (45pts)

TROOPS (Drop Troops)
    Command Squad
    Junior Officer
    Plasma Pistol
    4 x Plasma Guns
    (90pts)

SQUAD 1: Heavy Bolter / Plasma
    SQUAD 2: Heavy Bolter / Plasma
    SQUAD 3: Heavy Bolter / Plasma
    (240pts)

TROOPS
    Command Squad
    Junior Officer
    Bolter
    Iron Discipline
    Mortar Team
    (56pts)

SQUAD 1: Lascannon / Plasma
    SQUAD 2: Lascannon / Plamsa
    SQUAD 3: Lascannon / Plasma
    (285pts)

ELITES (Drop Troops)
    5 x Veterans
    Vet Sgt
    Plasma Pistol
    3 x Melta Guns
    (85pts)

ELITES
    10 x Veterans
    Vet Sgt
    Bolter
    Vox-Caster
    1 x Lascannon / 3 x Plasma Guns
    (146pts)

ELITES
    10 x Veterans
    Vet Sgt
    Bolter
    Vox-Caster
    1 x Lascannon / 3 x Plasma Guns
    (146pts)

1500pts / 130 Models
    Last edited by Cadian7th; July 17th, 2006 at 11:57.
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP!
    Would appreciate any comments on the list, If It's good then great please let me know, If not what could I change?
    Cheers

Cadian7th
    FLAME ON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok then made a few more changes, apparently I can't have two banners In the army which Is a shame so In comes the mighty mortar team Instead also a bolter on the officer.
    Hopefully the second command can enable me to try split deployment for the first time.
    Going for my first test run against a GT style Eldar list full of tricks so should be an Interesting first encounter to see If there up for the challenge, I'll post up an update tomorrow at some point.....
    Any more comments on the list?
    Cheers
    Cadian7th
    FLAME ON!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast