1500 point Sisters of Battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point Sisters of Battle

this is pure sisters army, with the exception of a priest and two gizmos.

HQ
    Cannoness-- Rosarius, bolt pistol, power weapon-- 81
    8 Celestian bodyguard-- 2x meltagun, superior w/ power weapon-- 144

Priest-- shotgun-- 41

Elite
    8 Celestian-- 2x meltagun, superior w/ p. wep-- 144 (joined by priest)

Troops

13 Sisters-- 2x storm bolters, superior w/ storm bolter-- 177

Fast Attack
    7 Seraphim-- 2x double hand flamers, superior w/ eviscerator-- 203

Heavy Support
    7 retributors-- 4 multi melta, superior w/ bolter-- 191

Pentinent Engine--80

Pentinent Engine--80

Total=1495

Bodies-- 71, and 2 machines

This is my attempt at a sit back army. I realize the sisters are mid to short range and i pack nothing more than 24" but i intend to set up/move into good firing positions and rain death with all of my bolter shells + the multi meltas. the engines will be wild bullet magnets that may or may not be able to clobber some poor weakened unit in CC. Seraphims are the the finishers. they swoop out and cripple a weakened unit. The sisters volley onto the target and whatever is left over gets torched then charged. At the end of the turn they fall back to cover and out of sight.

Whats everyone think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

its not bad, but you need AT seriously.... your opponents will stay out of range of the retributors ALWAYS

also, swap the power weapon and rosarius for a cloak of st, aspira and b-wpn

then use the celestian retinue as a seperate ELITE choice so u can detacht he canoness if need be.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ican see taking a blessed weapon but why the cloak? a 2+ armor save doesnt really matter compared to the 4+ invunerable. also why would i seperate the cannoness?

hmm i could scrap the returbutors for an exorcist, but then again i dont really like them. they scream uber cheap.

But about my anti tank.. 4 melta guns, an evicserator, the pentinet engines, and 4 multi meltas. Aside from range whats wrong with it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Lack of range is what's wrong with it. Predators, Leman Russes, Defilers etc. etc. will all be able to sit in their deployment area and bombard you with impunity. For the MM's 24" is not enough to be sure of reaching them, and most vehicles can easily move to a position where they can't. In addition MM's are only really effective at 12" and under. Beyond that they're actually inferior to lascannons (which most marine and guard armies have up the wazoo).

The meltaguns are equally dubious as they're carried by basic move infantry. If you're supposed to be sitting back and shooting, how will they ever reach the enemy?

The Penitent Engines can't be sit back forces, their rules make them rush wildly off. Since the rest of your army won't be able to support them and the enemy can ignore you for a few turns due to your lack of high mobility and long-range fire, you will find half his armies guns turned on them and they will be instantly vaporized.

This army I think would be outranged and outgunned by a shooty opponent, while it would lack the firepower to stop an assaulty one. Stormbolters simply cannot kill charging assault troops fast enough. Sisters actually need to exploit mobility in order to do well because of the generally short range of their weapons.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by pervertdhermit
    ican see taking a blessed weapon but why the cloak? a 2+ armor save doesnt really matter compared to the 4+ invunerable. also why would i seperate the cannoness?
    because spirit of the martyr gives you a 2+ invulnerable save, and you dont need an invuln save in EVERY cc of a game.

ALways use celestians as a seperate elite choice, as it allows your canoness to detach if it seems useful (i.e. a celestian squad double tapping bolters then the canoness charging in to finish them off)
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread