[1000 Point] Significant Divergence - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000 Point] Significant Divergence

TRAITS
    Advantages – Take The Fight To Them, Uphold The Honour Of The Emporer
    Disadvantages – Eye To Eye, Death Before Dishonour

HQ - Chapter Master
    Power Weapon, Master-Crafted Storm Bolter, Artificer Armour, Terminator Honours, Krak Grenades

ELITE - Venerable Dreadnought
    Assault Weapon/Heavy Flamer, Assault Cannon, Extra Armour

ELITE - Veteran Squad, 5 Marines
    1 Powerfist, 1 Power Weapon, Lightning Claws
    Transport - Razorback with Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers

TROOPS - Tactical Squad, 10 Marines
    Sergeant with CCW/BP, 7 Bolters, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 Plasma Cannon

TROOPS - Tactical Squad, 10 Marines
    Sergeant with Power Weapon/BP, 9 with CCW/BP

HEAVY SUPPORT - Predator Destructor
    Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Side Sponsons

TOTAL: 1000

Going to attach my Chapter Master to Vet squad, use the Razorback to transport that squad into assault, Dreadnought will follow behind, have the Predator and Plasma weapon squad for infantry. Close Combat squad will go with Dread to take some of the fire off it...Hopefully and help more with assault.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

You need to try to get some fast atack in there thay would help a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusade
    You need to try to get some fast atack in there thay would help a lot.
    With the Eye To Eye trait its kinda hard to choose just one choice out of bikes and speeders. I could add some assault marines but I don't have the money for that right now, maybe in a couple weeks. Although I've always wanted to have a bike squad, 3 or 4 bikes with an attack bike attatched. But again I don't have the money for it right now.

To get up into the front lines faster, would it be a good idea to put my close combat squad in a drop pod? Maybe the Dread too?

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

The droppods would seem like a good idea, although you depend on those units and with only two pods the chances of them don't coming down all too soon are very high, so be careful with pods unless you're having a lot of them to let statistics gain some trust.

On the list:
    1. You are lacking anti-tank and long-range weaponry. Okay, your Predator shoots 48", but S7 (and you do not have anything higher in your army, excluding that one power fist and the Dreadnought close combat weapon for the moment) doesn't rip apart enemy tanks very well. At 1,000 points at least have a Dev squad of four Missile Launchers and some meat shields in your army! Maybe throw in a melta with your close combat Marines, although the enemy tank will have blasted quite a few things until that squad comes close enough.

2. Put some fast units into that list. Really! I'd go for bikes with some melta power.

3. More meat shields in that expensive Veteran squad! Your 6+ Invulnerable Save won't get you very far...

4. Smoke launchers on the Dread! They really help to keep it alive, doubly so with Venerable.

Where to get points?
    I would drop the master-crafted storm bolter on the Captain, for example. The storm bolter is fine, but at BS5, do you really need to pay many, many points only to re-roll those rare 1s?
    Drop some meat shields from your fire support squad. They will have to stay still to shoot while the rest of your army advances. Thus, bolters will fire one shoot at the maximum, because of range. It's not too bad to have only 4 instead of 7 then. The extra meat shields will in fact be far better in your Veteran squad!

Will still be far from optimal, but a lot safer already, I think.

+ Reply to Thread