1000pt Space Marines tournament army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Space Marines tournament army

hey all i have a tourney coming up and i want to know what you think of my army

Hq
    master
    honors
    pair of lightning claws
    iron halo
    jump pack
    bionics
    165pt

Troops

6 marines
    plasma cannon
    100pt

6 marines
    plasma cannon
    100pt

6 marines
    lascannon
    tank hunters

6 marines
    lascannon
    tank hunters

Fast Attack
    8 assault marines
    melta bombs
    plasma pistol
    power wepon
    honors

Heavy Support
    6 marines
    4 heavy bolters
    130pt

so what do you think

Last edited by hero; July 18th, 2006 at 19:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Lol funny you should post this, I was just thinking today of SM infantry only armies. Looks good, I would say that if u can scrape up 15 extra points somewhere, take an iron halo over combat shield. If you have an extra 5 points and need a filler stick bionics on you master. Aside from that, looks good. Good Luck, let us know how it works out in the tourney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure how effective a 5 man Assault team will be. I would dump one of the plasma squads to bulk up your assalt squad to 10.

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Assault squads should definitely be bigger, and if you can afford it, put more meat shields into your Devastator squad. Then your army would look very well on the paper! Space Marines just rock as all-infantry because their squads are durable as hell itself.
    Just one practical problem that might arise: I play shooty all-infantry SM armies to, with many stationary (heavy weapons) elements. It is mostly difficult to deploy all those models providing them with good lines of sight and still spacing them well enough to counter template attacks and to stay out of fall back range of the table edge. Therefore you are either left with forces spread out over the whole table edge, or, using for example the refused flank tactic, you will be very vulnerable to battle cannons, particle whips and other AP3 (or even AP2) template weapons as they will very likely still hit _something_ after scatter, possibly more than one unit, forcing pinning tests, etc (which should not exactly be a problem with your Master HQ, as long as he's alive. So max out that Assault squad! And leave it with your troops as long as possible - then charge enemy attackers).

+ Reply to Thread