Cities of Death 1500 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cities of Death 1500 pts

This list was built with Cities of Death in mind. All to often I've found that my weapons were really out of position and unable to play a decisive roll in a battle. I've also removed all my armor from the fight as well. So, I've devoloped a list to be mobile and take buildings (Many of the missions require taking buildings). I'm also playing an Eldar Player tomorrow who likes to use Seer Councils hence the reason for the assassin.

Doctrines:
    Special Weapons Support Squad
    Light Infantry
    Cameleoline
    Hardened Fighters

HQ 1
    Heroic Senior Officer
    Bolt Pistol
    Power Weapon
    Commissar
    Bolt Pistol
    Power Weapon
    Master Vox
    Cameleoline

Fire Support Squad
    Heavy Bolter (2)
    Autocannon
    Cameleoline
    Light Infantry

Special Weapons Support Squad
    Sniper Rifle (3)
    Cameleoline
    Light Infantry

HQ 2
    Inquisitor Lord
    Warrior Henchmen (3)

Troops 1
    Platoon HQ
    Junior Officer
    Cameleoline

Squad 1
    Veteran Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol
    Flamer
    Vox
    Frag Grenades
    Cameleoline
    Light Infantry

Squad 2
    Veteran Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol
    Flamer
    Vox
    Frag Grenades
    Cameleoline
    Light Infantry

Squad 3 – 108
    Veteran Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol
    Flamer
    Vox
    Frag Grenades
    Cameleoline
    Light Infantry

Troops 2
    Platoon HQ
    Junior Officer
    Cameleoline

Squad 1
    Lascannon
    Plasma
    Cameleoline
    Light Infantry

Squad 2
    Lascannon
    Plasma
    Cameleoline
    Light Infantry

Elites 1
    Hardened Veterans
    Vet. Sergeant
    Honorifica Imperialis
    Power Fist
    Veterans (9)
    Melta (3)
    Grenades
    Hardened Fighters
    Cameleoline

Elites 2
    Culexus Temple Assassin

Heavy Support 1
    Basilisk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, here is what i think about your list. since this is Cities of Death list, you need to have more vechile support. Your guardsmen are two expensive. Cameleoline and light infantry? maybe choose one of the two for one squad. but both of them. Guards men are supposed to be killed. And you are suppose to have alot of them. But with your Cameleoline, give it to support squads that will not be moving. and give light infantry to squads that do move. But still you are spending too many points on each guard squad. they need to be cheap. Also, one other thing. you do not have enought anti-tank weapons.
    It better to be pissed off then pissed on!

Imperial Guard
    Copen's Crusaders
    W-L-D
    47-1-1
    Space Marines
    Sons of Sanguinius
    1-0-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming you have the models for it instead of spending points on a fire support squad and a pretty much useless inquisitor lord just use your inquisitor lord as the fire support squad, give him a psycannon, 3 heavy bolter servitors and 2 sages.

5 bs psycannon + eldar seer council = 1 very pissed eldar player.

I would probably lose light infantry (will need to use up a stratagem to infiltrate) and buy heavy bolters for all the squads/command squads who dont have heavy weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"But with your Cameleoline, give it to support squads that will not be moving. and give light infantry to squads that do move. "

This is pointless advice, because youi cant give Cham to selected squads - you have to give it to all GI squads or none of then. My dex is not here, so I think LI might be the same.

I would keep Cham at least: Guardsmen are not meant to move a lot, so +1 to cover saves is great. Cham turns every bush into a forest, every forst into a building, every building into a bunker.... I would give your platoon HQs 2 or 3 flamers as they ignore cover saves.
    Sierra Company, 74th Noctan Strike Regiment - The Meatshields!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mtaylor
    "But with your Cameleoline, give it to support squads that will not be moving. and give light infantry to squads that do move. "

This is pointless advice, because youi cant give Cham to selected squads - you have to give it to all GI squads or none of then. My dex is not here, so I think LI might be the same.

I would keep Cham at least: Guardsmen are not meant to move a lot, so +1 to cover saves is great. Cham turns every bush into a forest, every forst into a building, every building into a bunker.... I would give your platoon HQs 2 or 3 flamers as they ignore cover saves.
    My advice is pointless? you can give any imperial guard unit that upgrade with out giving the rest of you men that upgrade. And I have my codex right here. But it is common sense. If you have a squad that is going to stay still or barely move the entire game, why give them light infantry? One it is a waste of valuable points. Two, these support squads of yours, chances are you don't want they to be fired at b/c they are support squads, so why risk infultrating them?

mtaylor said that you should take 2-3 flamers in a platoon HQ?, well remember that they are short ranged and a shruiken catapult is a 12" assult 2 gun. S4 AP5 Which means no armour saves. If you put a bunch of flamers into one small squad, and they get shot up? Where are you flamers going to be now? Well, they are going to be in his victory points pile. DOn't put all your eggs in one basket. Share the wealth.

Never say any ones advice is pointless when the advice you gave sucked!

Imperial Guard
    Copen's Crusaders
    W-L-D
    47-1-1
    Space Marines
    Sons of Sanguinius
    1-0-0

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

My advice is pointless? you can give any imperial guard unit that upgrade with out giving the rest of you men that upgrade. And I have my codex right here.
    Pay attention next time you read your Doctrines section, especially the part on Special Equipment. Note where it specifically states in the third paragraph that Special Equipment must be applied to all models that can take it if you wish to use it.

Flamers are also rather nice when used in a throwaway platoon HQ, for reasons previously mentioned. I find them especially useful for killing infiltrated squads in cover and those sneaky Lictors.

As for the rest of the list? You should get rid of the Inquisitor and Assassin and take another Bassie instead.

The Frag Grenades should also go on your Flamer squads, as there eating up points.

The Special Weapons squad could be replaced with a squad of 8 Ratlings, which would get you more Sniper Rifles and the same Infiltrating and Cover-Enhancing abilities your Special Weapon squad had.

You could save a lot of points by getting rid of the Master Vox and other Voxs. I find Voxs rather dumb, as you can just give a JO the HI and therefore have 2 12 inch LD9 bubbles, with re-rolls for Morale checks in one of them if you get a Company Banner in your Command Platoon HQ. You also save about 30-something points.

This Brings me to the Veterans, which I feel are bloated and inefficient. Just get rid of them and the hardened Fighters Doctrine and take 2 6-man Veteran Squads with three Meltaguns each. This way you get more Meltaguns, you can use the HI on one of your Platoon HQs, you save about 20 or 30 points, and can take on more then one target.
    Last edited by SlickWilly; July 23rd, 2006 at 22:47. Reason: the voices in my head told me to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, so my advice is not pointless. You can't just take Chameleone for selected imperial guard squads - it is either all imperial guard squads OR NONE.

So stop misleading newbies and read the Codex properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And as for 2-3 flamers to an HQ squad, they are a good counterattack unit if out of LOS waitjing to counterattack (or in a chimera out of LOS waiting to counterattack). I have used this with some good success, esp against hordes, and against stuff in cover since flamers ignore cover saves. So I am not dishing out advice that sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my friend call the rules boys about that they said basically what I said. Plus if you put 2-3 flamers in a command squad and they get toasted by something else, you just wasted a lot of points on nothing. Spread the wealth, maybe give the squad a flamer, but if they have 3 or 4 flamers, how are they going to cover themselves? 4 flamers leaves no room for a plasma gun or a medic that could be a lot more useful. Either ways, if that squad is your "special squad" what is going to happen when you other squads don't have the proper support to challenge who they go against? What happens when that counter attack gets shot up, b/c his enemy realizes what the squad has. Spread out the flamers.
    Last edited by Grey; July 31st, 2006 at 13:31.

Imperial Guard
    Copen's Crusaders
    W-L-D
    47-1-1
    Space Marines
    Sons of Sanguinius
    1-0-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont rely on flamers. They are just there in case someone gets close enough. My army relies of scores of heavy bolters, tanks and lascannons. In my 1750 pt army I only have 3-4 flamers, but 3-4 times as many heavy bolters.
    Last edited by Grey; July 31st, 2006 at 13:31.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast