Armored Company 1250 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armored Company 1250

This is a list I drew up for next weeks Medusa V games at my local store. I was considering changing things up a bit more since I thought there would be mostly infantry, but I decided to give it a go here and see what you all thought.

HQ
    -Command Tank 275
    Leman Russ MBT
    3 Heavy Bolters
    Anti Tank Rounds
    Company Commander
    Elites
    -Tank Ace 212
    Leman Russ Exterminator
    3 Heavy Bolters
    1 Heavy Stubber

Troops
    -Leman Russ MBT 155
    2 Heavy Bolters
    1 Lascannon
    -Leman Russ MBT 175
    3 Heavy Bolters
    Anti-Tank Rounds
    -Leman Russ MBT 175
    3 Heavy Bolters
    Anti-Tank Rounds

Heavy Support
    -LEman Russ Demolisher 175
    2plasma Cannons
    1 Heavy Bolter

Allies
    Troops
    Inquisitorial Storm Troopers 97
    7 men, 2 meltas, deepstrike

I got the tanks in there and couldnt figure out what to put in with the last 100 points. an AT suicide squad might be good. I had toyed around with the idea of actually purchasing a Commissar and putting him in the Command Tank, but it would be pointless. I thought about a Bassie, but for this size of a game, it shouldnt be needed, Id rahter just take more heavy armor. later on, when Im fighting in a city though, Ill probably take Some hellhounds and tanks wiith flame sponsons, some more allied ADeptus arbites or stormies...

ANti infantry- All the russes, especially Exterminator
    Anti hvy infantry- Demolisher
    Anti Tank- Russes with AT rounds, suicide squad. (i figure the demolisher will never be close enough)

So, what do you think?

How many guardsmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, their lasguns work fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice list there chain templar... does everything have extra armor? Can you drop a troop russ and pick up an armored fist squad with a stripped chimera (hopefully with hull flamer) and maybe equip those troops with a flamer and some grenades?

Make you last longer against some enemies. Course you could take a plasmagun. If you do that drop the ace and grab 2 squads of armored fists... any points saved you could add to your stormtroopers.

Good luck...

(((BTW... missed your input for the 1st turn at Slayer Brotherhood's Armored Company game. The Chaos guys are going now... so show up and give orders.)))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, no extra armor, just pretty bare except for the weapons.

Ill think about the armored fist squads, but the Exterminator is a huge anti infantry machine that most players ignore beacuse theyre scared of the pie-plates. Additionally...I have no chimeras. I have a hellhound, a bassie, and another Leman Russ that arent in this list. My max AC is only like 1500-ish..I had thought about taking an Inquisitor with the 100 points but I dont see how I could make it any good for 100 points. I thought maybe Grey Knights, but I dont have any either.
    Another reason for the suicide meltas: Tanks have it tough against other tanks. Even with AT rounds, I will average maybe 1.5 hits per turn (2 BS3, 1 BS4). I do fine against infantry, except maybe when some elite Battlesuits pop up behind me...

Thanks for the input!
    How many guardsmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, their lasguns work fine.

+ Reply to Thread