1.5k grey knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.5k grey knights

Planning to start a daemonhunters army. Probably will play cities of death,
    so was going for bodies with lots of teleporters and such to get to key points when
    needed.

Main thoughts: Are the dreads really necessary for anti armor? Melta bombs and
    strength 6 psycannons should take out most right? Would prefer to stick with only
    infantry.

HQ:
    Brother-Captain; teleport homer
    3 terminators; 2 normal, 1 with thunder hammer, storm shield.

TROOPS:
    7 PAGKs; teleport homer, psycannon.

FAST:
    6 FAGKs; incinerator, melta bombs, teleport homer.

HEAVY:
    6 PSGKs; 3 psycannons, teleport homer.
    Dreadnought; twin-linked lascannon, missile launcher, extra armor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Dreads are sort of necessary, IMO, for your anti-armour unless you induct some Imperial Guardsmen or Tactical Space Marines.

Most armies, especially at 1,500, will end up bringing a few decent tanks along. Take, for example, the Tau Hammerhead - 13 front armour that your S6 Psycannons can't take out, and, being a Skimmer, you need 6's to hit it in CC.

Do grenades count as a CC attack vs. the vehicles? I can't recall off the top of my head, but you really are lacking in anti-tank punch.

Just a thought, there. I really do like the 100% Grey Knights theme, though - I'm a huge fan of the GK's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Vid
    Planning to start a daemonhunters army. Probably will play cities of death,
    so was going for bodies with lots of teleporters and such to get to key points when
    needed.

Main thoughts: Are the dreads really necessary for anti armor? Melta bombs and
    strength 6 psycannons should take out most right? Would prefer to stick with only
    infantry.

HQ:

TROOPS:

FAST:

HEAVY:

I think you have way to many teleport homers. Drop the TH from your FAGK and your PSGK. That right there will give you another PAGK.

Your HQ is fine, along with your PAGK troops.

Your dread is fine for AT.

Other than that I think it is a good list. I too love an all GK list. Some of the other playes can give better advice.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Are the dreads really necessary for anti armor? Melta bombs and
    infantry.
    You'll find differing opinions, but I don't feel that a pure GK list *needs* Dreadnoughts, or any other GK vehicles for that matter. They are the easiest method of anti-tank for a GK army, but AV12 vehicles really aren't that hardy.

Consider this: every one of your models here has S6 in melee - that's good against AV12 and less. Meltabombs on Justicars & the GKT's Thunder Hammer let you take on bigger stuff.

HQ:
    If you're concerned about armor, here's an idea: give the BroCap a Chainfist (replace the stormbolter, not the NFW). Having two one-handed weapons will give him an extra attack, and you can choose between the NFW and the Chainfist depending on the target. That'll let your HQ double as an emergency anti-armor unit if needed. I'd stick with only the one TH/SS combo in his bodyguard, though - more and you'll make them ineffective against their real target, enemy HQ/Elites.

TROOPS:
    In CoD, you're going to be a lot closer to the enemy and won't always have the LoS to use a 36" weapon. And up close, a stormbolter + NFW is better than an S6 A3 weapon. You can get another GK into each of the FAGK squads by dropping those as well, a definite improvement (basically, you're looking at 2 wounds & 2 psycannons OR 4 wounds, 4 stormbolters, and 4 NFWs).

FAST:
    Bulk them up! They can't move or assault the turn they land, so they'll be taking enemy fire and potentially an assault. That, plus the rules for Fearless models outnumbered and losing means that you, well, can't afford to be outnumbered and losing in melee! Dropping the PAGK's psycannons is a start.

I'd lose the TP Homers here. Deepstriking units don't always come in right away, so the chances of being able to effectively use a Homer carried by a DSing unit are fairly low. Keep them on the footslogging units, but thats about it. Same goes for the HQ - not really necessary to give them a Homer either.

HEAVY:
    Hmm. I'd say to make this squad smaller. GK without psycannons in a Purg squad are a waste, really. Justicar + 2-3 psycannon-carrying GK is the way to go. Put those extra bodies into the FAGK squads.

I'd go with an Assault Cannon/Incinerator/DCCW. It'll be more useful for CoD games, and just as useful as a TLLC/ML Dread in standard games. It'll be able to back up your GK in melee (remember, Dreadnoughts count as 10 models for combat resolution!), as well as absolutely tear up, well, everything the enemy can throw at it in ranged or melee.

Fairly good list, really.

Vid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, thanks for the advice guys. I'll definately fix this up. Chainfist sounds good too, i'll post up the new list later tonight.

Vid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Do grenades count as a CC attack vs. the vehicles? I can't recall off the top of my head, but you really are lacking in anti-tank punch."

Yeah, if I read the rules right, each model with a nade can make a single attack against a vehicle, either autohit, 4+ or 6+ pending on the movement. So if the justicar can assault a vehicle with the melta bomb, it will do some damage, and hey, its only 5 points for something that could reliably damage AV14. meltas will do avg. of 15 for the roll.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I think the Dread is good, there's alot of Skimmers and Land Raiders out there that S6 and melta bombs don't crack so good. It's no fun missing your CC vs. vehicles and seeing your squad disapear for trying. My only thought about the list was the HQ, Grand masters are alot better than Brother-Captains in my opinion. A S6 force weapon is purely amazing and the extra wound can make a difference. Also I'd say no to the one termie with the Thunder Hammer and SS. The way GK Termies are built is not to be messed with, they're insane with just what they're given, I just think you'll miss the other S6 power weapon that won't go last.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless I have an outdated codex.....Grey Knights can not come with melta-bombs. They can only take things in their armory and metla-bombs are not in it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeofOboro View Post
    Unless I have an outdated codex.....Grey Knights can not come with melta-bombs. They can only take things in their armory and metla-bombs are not in it...
    Must be ol coex then, becaus it's right there in under "Wargear".

Still, only the justicar can get one in a squad, and that's only a single attack. Not great odds. The chainfist option is nice, just remember that you don't get the 2-weapon bonus when using it, only with the NFW.
    Wargamer Haven, my little cyberspace blogspot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the publication date on the new one?
    We are the Order. The Right hand of my Emperor.

Daemonhunters 2-1-0

Eldar (Proxied) 1-0-1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast