1850 Black Templars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Black Templars

HQ

Master of Sanctity-186
    -Jump Pack
    -Artificer Armor
    -Terminator Honours
    -Holy Orb of Antioch
    -Melta Bombs
    -Bionics
    -Bolt Pistol

Emperor's Champion-140
    -Accept any Challenge, no matter the odds!

Troops

Crusader Squad A-285
    -x10 Initiates
    -x10 Neophytes
    -Powerfist
    -Meltagun

Crusader Squad B-235
    -x10 Initiates
    -x5 Neophytes
    -Powerfist
    -Meltagun

Crusader Squad C-235
    -x10 Initiates
    -x5 Neophytes
    -Powerfist
    -Meltagun

Crusader Squad D-235
    -x10 Initiates
    -x5 Neophytes
    -Powerfist
    -Meltagun

Fast Attack

Assault Aquad
    -x10 Initiates
    -Powerifist
    -x2 Plasma Pistols
    -Meltabombs

Heavy Support

Predator Annihilator A-145
    -Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    -Extra Armor

Predator Annihilator-145
    -Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    -Extra Armor

I can see that I don't have the best of anti tank, but I heard that Chappie+Assault squad is deadly, but I haven't bought either of them yet and was wondering if it would be better to drop the assualt squad, but in a Bike squad with Attack Bike with MM and 5 bikes with 3 meltaguns? And have the chappie drop the jump pack and orb for 3 cenobytes?

Last edited by marine13; July 26th, 2006 at 20:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

on the chaplain lose the artificer armor and bionics.

drop one of the marine squads.

drop the plasma on the assualt squad

drop the predators for a devastator scuad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Well, you can't take a devastator squad, but you can take 6-man Las/Plas squads. I would suggest going with 2 Las/Plas squads of 6 initiates, and making 2 squads of 20 (10 initiates and 10 Neophytes). I'm worried that you don't have enough vehicle killing.

I don't believe you need jump infantry as they don't benefit from the righteous zeal rule... so I would drop the JP on the chaplain and join him to one of the 20 man squads with 3 cenobyte servitors (adds 1" to each RZ movement).

The EC can join the other unit of 20 for the leadership, and basically the swamp of men will destory anything that gets in its way. I would add a Dreadnought with CCW/AC/EA & SL for a mix of capabilities, and keep the pred annihilators for tank killing if you feel you need it. I've found more luck with a 6-man squad than a tank, but you probably play differently that I do (well, I hope you do ). I've also found a unit of 10 with bolters & a rhino to be really helpful at taking our enemies, and with a couple of tanks running around, there will be a bunch of targets for your enemy to shoot at.

I'd start with those changes and see what happens. Everyone I've seen plays BTs a bit differently, so any advice I'm giving you is just my two cents. Hope it helped a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

That chaplain is -not- doing you any good. Honestly for Black Templars, a Chaplain can do a lot more good with 3 cenobytes leading a large crusader squad.

If you're going to have 4 big squads, I'd *really* try to fit in a Marshal instead however. Nobody is going to shoot at the one squad with a chaplain, or the one with the EC, if they have a choice. They'll shoot one of the other two squads and make them bounce around. I would either grab a marshal or drop down to only 2 big squads. Use the points to take some tank busting.

Make it work.
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having only 2 crusader squads isn't very fluffy. Also, I got the pred points cost wrong, each one is 135.

Also, are dreads really that good, the armies at my hobby shop destroy light armoured vehicles that are in close range, so unless I made it a hellfire it would die pretty quickly.

Also, are bike squads any good? Black Templars can take 3 meltaguns in 1 bike squad.

And for 255 points I could have 1 Attack Bike w/MM and 5 bikes with 3 meltaguns. I don't see bikes on this site very much and was wondering if they are any good.
    Last edited by marine13; July 26th, 2006 at 22:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexpape7
    on the chaplain lose the artificer armor and bionics.

drop one of the marine squads.

drop the plasma on the assualt squad

drop the predators for a devastator scuad.
    ok thats 2 times you have given advice on black templars lists and have listed units that are not in the codex. i am not having a go at you but can you please read the codex before giving future advice.

i reccomend dropping the assault squad and 1 of the pred tanks.

add a dreadnought with extra armour.

add 2 land speeder tornado's, but take up 2 fast attack slots.

bikes are very good. take a group of 5 with 2 meltas and a power weapon. add krak nades and they can tank hunt as well as perfore flawlessly in assault. highly reccomended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by marine13
    Having only 2 crusader squads isn't very fluffy. Also, I got the pred points cost wrong, each one is 135.

Also, are dreads really that good, the armies at my hobby shop destroy light armoured vehicles that are in close range, so unless I made it a hellfire it would die pretty quickly.

Also, are bike squads any good? Black Templars can take 3 meltaguns in 1 bike squad.

And for 255 points I could have 1 Attack Bike w/MM and 5 bikes with 3 meltaguns. I don't see bikes on this site very much and was wondering if they are any good.
    If you insist on using 4 large crusader squads I would strongly suggest dropping your chaplain for a marshal. As it stands, those guys are going to get bounced around because of righteous zeal. A marine has a decent leadership value,but you -will- be failing saves. If you're dead set against using a marshal, then you really should consider only using 2 large crusader squads. Drop the other two crusader squads into something smaller. I agree that 2 5-man troop choices is a bit questionable as far as fluff goes. However I don't see 2 20-man squads being unfluffy, especially if you have 2 10-man squads to go with it. Don't use fluff as an excuse to field a bad army.
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

+ Reply to Thread