2000 pt Final List (?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

2000 pt Final List (?)

I'm trying to plan my 2000 pt BT Army so I'll know what to buy in the future. I'm getting pretty close, and I would like to hear from eveyone on what they think. Feel free to respond positively or negatively, or even just to say "hi", and any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

HQ:
    Emperor's Champion - 140 (Accept Any Challenge)

Reclusiarch - 131 (Bolt Pistol, Bionics, 3 Cenobyte Servitors)

TROOP:
    20-Man Crusader Squad - 285 (10 Initiates, 1 Power Fist, 1 Meltagun, 10 Neophytes, joined by Chaplain & 3 Servitors)

20-Man Crusader Squad - 285 (10 Initiates, 1 Power Fist, 1 Meltagun, 10 Neophytes, joined by Emperor's Champion)

15-Man Crusader Squad - 503 (10 Initiates, 1 Power Fist, 1 Meltagun, 5 Neophytes, LRC Transport w/Smoke Launchers)

6-Man Crusader Squad - 117 (6 Initiates, 1 Lascannon, 1 Plasma Gun)

6-Man Crusader Squad - 122 (6 Initiates, 1 Plasma Cannon, 1 Plasma Gun)

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Predator Annihilator - 150 (LC Side Sponsons, Extra Armor)

75 Marines, 3 Vehicles

Last edited by Y'he Sha'is; July 27th, 2006 at 14:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Y'he Sha'is
    HQ:

Reclusiarch - 131 (Bolt Pistol, Bionics, 3 Cenobyte Servitors)

TROOP:
    20-Man Crusader Squad - 285 (10 Initiates, 1 Power Fist, 1 Meltagun, 10 Neophytes, joined by Chaplain & 3 Servitors)

20-Man Crusader Squad - 285 (10 Initiates, 1 Power Fist, 1 Meltagun, 10 Neophytes, joined by Emperor's Champion)

15-Man Crusader Squad - 503 (10 Initiates, 1 Power Fist, 1 Meltagun, 5 Neophytes, LRC Transport w/Smoke Launchers)

HEAVY SUPPORT:

75 Marines, 3 Vehicles
    I like the list, big units marching forward to kick some xenos butt!!!!
    The only thing i would suggest is dropping the Plasma gun marines from the two 6 man squads, these extra points would be better spent elsewhere, maybe give your chapain a power fist, this would allow you to choose between the crozius ignoring armour but striking at initiative, or striking last but at double strength, both ways would also have the extra attack to boot!

Hope that helped
    DjSmed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

84 (x2)

Thanks for the advice on the chaplain, I've been debating between a plamsa pistol & power fist on my chaplain for a long time. Thanks for starting that arguement up again in my head.

Do you think I have enough tank hunting (LRC, 2 Annihilators, 2 Las/Plas squads)? Anyone else have any advice on this? Feel free to respond positively or negatively, or even just to say "hi" as I do like repsponces for something to think about, and any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

HQ:

Reclusiarch - 150 (Plasma Pistol, Holy Orb, 3 Cenobyte Servitors)

TROOP:

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Predator Annihilator - 135 (HB Side Sponsons, Extra Armor)

Predator Annihilator - 135 (HB Side Sponsons, Extra Armor)
    Last edited by Y'he Sha'is; August 3rd, 2006 at 18:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"hi"

Man do I wish I had my SW codex with me . . . I'd cook something up at 2k points to see how things stacked up. But alas, I don't feel like making a list from memory and I promised my wife I wouldn't spend too much time on Warhammer during our honeymoon . . . though the actual honeymoon is pretty much over . . . spending a few days at your parents house when you never know when someone will walk through the door lends itself to stimying any desire for intimacy . . . :-) No crude jokes, people.

Anyway, the list, as usual, looks pretty freaking daunting. The only thing I could think of that would handle it well would be a totally shooty army playing from the opposite ends of a long board . . . or something that has just as many CC oriented guys as you have already . . . I suppose SWs could fit that bill, but we'll see what happens.

On thing about huge squads on a "fairly" small board is that if your enemy employs very many Plasma Cannons or similar template/ordinance weapons, it'll drive you crazy keeping your boys spread out enough so that you won't take maximum casualties. This could mean that only a quarter of your squad is actually able to engage in CC on the charge, or that you have to put them one squad after anohter, like waves, that might reduce the effectiveness . . . not sure. Cause then if your enemy shot the second wave but not the first, causing the second to advance INTO the first, you'd have a very annoying time knowing who belongs to who as far as movement and stuff, even with the shoulder pad numbers. We both know how cumbersome those huge squads could be. . .

Tactically annoying (not saying ineffective, just annoying) organizational clusterflop.
    "There will never be enough peace in the universe unless first there is enough war." - Farseer Eleuflin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

84 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Battle-Brother Wags
    Spending a few days at your parents house when you never know when someone will walk through the door lends itself to stimying any desire for intimacy .
    Maybe for you. :yes: In Mass we've developed things called "door locks". You can by them at a place called a "hardware store". J/K

..or something that has just as many CC oriented guys as you have already . . . I suppose SWs could fit that bill, but we'll see what happens.
    I'm excited to see a giant scrum of SWs versus BTs. Things are going to get crazy. That's what it's all about.

On thing about huge squads on a "fairly" small board is that if your enemy employs very many Plasma Cannons or similar template/ordinance weapons, it'll drive you crazy keeping your boys spread out enough so that you won't take maximum casualties.
    Yeah, I think a serious problem with the huge squads could be ordinance & template weapons because of the 4+ saves of the neophytes, but I hope that's limited by the shooting squads, LRC & Annihilators. We'll see. I can't figure another way to deal with them besides shooting back with big weapons.

This could mean that only a quarter of your squad is actually able to engage in CC on the charge, or that you have to put them one squad after anohter, like waves, that might reduce the effectiveness . . . not sure.
    I'm definately going to have to work on how to keep the units spread apart as they move together, but without losing effectiveness on the charge. When you spread them out to protect them, you lose the massive 60 attack charge, half hitting on 3+, half on 4+ against MEQs.

Thanks for the advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While door locks are wonderful creations, they aren't equipped with any sort of sound dampening field . . . though the man who invents that would quickly become rich . . .

I'll have a list to share with you and everyone from the Space Wolf aspect of this engagement (though I'm glad we're both trying to orient to all-comer styles of play) sometime later tonight. I'll do the best I can with what I've already posted and make any point alterations hopefully correctly from memory . . .

My wife went shopping with my mom, so I've got plenty of time :-)

BTW, and again this is me without a codex, but isn't a predator annihilator with LC sidesponsons in the 145-150 point range? 120 points for the annihilator itself and 25 points for the LC sidesponsons? Yeah, compare your two lists, the points are different. Maybe it was just a typo on your point, but maybe not, make sure you're not over on points.

Catch ya later.
    Last edited by Battle-Brother Wags; August 3rd, 2006 at 16:32.
    "There will never be enough peace in the universe unless first there is enough war." - Farseer Eleuflin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

84 (x2)

While door locks are wonderful creations, they aren't equipped with any sort of sound dampening field . . . though the man who invents that would quickly become rich . . .
    Don't you live in a farm house, with all kinds of nooks and crannies (kind of like an english muffiin)? You have to be able to find a place... or your could just stuff hay around your door. :shifty:

My wife went shopping with my mom, so I've got plenty of time :-)
    And now no money to spend... he he he. Just kidding.

BTW, and again this is me without a codex, but isn't a predator annihilator with LC sidesponsons in the 145-150 point range?
    Yes, those are the correct points. If you weren't my friend I would not like you much. Edit above. You caught me cheating again... in reality as I only have the two annihilators with HB side sponsons now, I can only take those anyway. But that's what they are annihilators w/HB side sponsons, a multi-purpose killing maching moving 6" a turn.

+ Reply to Thread