1000 pt. BT for Medusa V - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt. BT for Medusa V

Hey all, this list was made to fight tyranids.

Emperor's Champion
    Suffer Not The Unclean
    125 pts.

Master of Sanctity
    TH, artificer armour, frag grenades, and storm bolter
    156 pts.

Troops
    2 units of 10 Initiates
    PF and MG
    370 pts.

Initiates: 9
    PF, MG, and Rhino w/ extra armour
    224 pts.

Elite
    Dreadnaught
    Venerable
    125 pts.

Total: 1000 pt.
    Number of Troops: 31
    Tanks/Walkers: 2

I took the melta guns for his big stuff as well as the vow. The chaplain is with the unit with the transport. Let the criticizing begin!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

drop artificer armor off the chapie and give him a bolt pistol instead of a storm bolter
    drop the rhino and dont make the dreadnought venerable. use the points you will save on a whirlwind, they are great for taking out huge swarms of buggies. also, i find having alot of men on the field helps against tyranids, so maybe get a few more marines out than you normally would if you can find the points to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't take a whirlwind in BT's!!! Like the previous guy said, get rid of artificr armor on your chaplain.. mabye downgrade him to a reculsiarch, make your dread unvenerable, give the chappy a bolt pistol, get the accept any challange vow for your guys.. and then rid yourself of the rhino, and possibly make two 5 man iniate squads w/ a heavy weapon.. either that or a few landspeeders.. good luck!
    “Krump first, assk qweztions neva'!"- 3000 Orks
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    "the very gods for vengeance cry”- 3000 Dwarves
    3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't take a whirlwind in BT's!!! Like the previous guy said, get rid of artificr armor on your chaplain.. mabye downgrade him to a reculsiarch, make your dread unvenerable, give the chappy a bolt pistol, get the accept any challange vow for your guys.. and then rid yourself of the rhino, and possibly make two 5 man iniate squads w/ a heavy weapon.. either that or a few landspeeder tornandos.. good luck!

EDIT: sorry double post
    “Krump first, assk qweztions neva'!"- 3000 Orks
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    "the very gods for vengeance cry”- 3000 Dwarves
    3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so put your hand up if you have read the BT codex... (my hands up... alexpape... why is your hand not raised???)

anywho..

ok take artificer off the chaplain, downgrate him to a reclusiarch. give him a holy orb of antioch (surprises your oponent real good), terminator honors and a bolt pistol, and krak nades if you want.

have 3 squads of 10 inititates, with no transports, melta gun and power fist in each. how many chainswords and bolt pistols will you be taking in each squad?

give the dreadnought extra armour.

add a land speeder tornado with Hvy Bolter and assault cannon.

as BT's cant take whirlwinds, most BT players instead take a land speeder. they are just as good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Reflex
    so put your hand up if you have read the BT codex...
    Oh, that's me!! I did, I did! I even bought it!:yes:

Well I don't feel as enthusiastic as Reflex does for the Land Speeder (mine always blow up first or second turn), I do think that some BT players really get their use out of them. I prefer the old fashioned Las/Plas squad to the LST, but it depends on how you play.

Extra armor & smoke on the dreadnought is a must, so at least you can move and charge if you get a "crew stunned" result.

I would drop the AA on your HQ and go with the old PW & BP combination. A TH is really cool, but I don't like losing the high initiative of the HQ to use a TH or PF.

I like squads of 9 or 10 in rhinos, but I've found if you only have one at this level it's going to get shot so fast your head will spin... so I might prefer to footslog (allbeit quickly) with the RZ rule mixed the HQs leadership. Maybe instead of a LST & rhino you can slide in a Las/Plas squad of 5 or 6 to sit back and soften targets for the rest of the army before the wave of 30 men hit.

Reflex's advice is good, but I seem to play differently. A good BT list depends so much on how you play, and this is just my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the late reply. The initiates just had bolters, which was a mistake on my part, but the next one will be better I hope. The battle was a S&C mission. It was close until my dreadnaught was destroyed by his carnie. Thanks for the replies, though.

+ Reply to Thread