1700points leadership plus heavy fire bases - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1700points leadership plus heavy fire bases

1699pts

Regimental Variant Doctrines:
    .Heavy Weapon Platoon
    .Iron Discipline
    .Sharpshooters
    .Grenadiers/Storm Trooper Squads (FAQs say don't need to use 2 doctrin slots??)
    .Close Order Drill

HQ1
    -Command Platoon: 687

--Command Squad
    ---Heroic Senior Officer:
    Close combat weapon, Laspistol, Medallion Crimson, Trademark item, Iron Discipline
    ---Commissar:Close combat weapon, Laspistol
    ---Standard Bearer (Company standard), Close combat weapon, Laspistol
    ---Medic, Lasgun
    ---2 Guardsman, Lasguns, Mortar

--Anti-Tank Squad Sharpshooters: 120
    ----3 LascannonTeams:
    ---3 Lascannon Teams
    --Fire Support Squad Sharpshooters: 90
    ---3 Heavy Bolter Teams
    --Fire Support Squad Sharpshooters: 105
    ---3 Autocannon Teams
    --Mortar Squad: 80
    ---3 Mortar Teams

HQ2
    -Ursarkar Creed & Jarran Kell Points: 125

ELITE1
    -Kasrkins: 75
    --Sgt
    --4 Kasrkins: 2 meltaguns

TROOP1
    -Kasrkins: 126
    --Veteran Sergeant:
    Honorifica Imperialis, Power weapon, Storm bolter, Frag grenades, Krak grenades, Medallion Crimson
    --5 Kasrkins: meltagun

TROOP2
    -Kasrkins: 50
    --Sgt
    --4 Kasrkins

HEAVY1
    -Heavy Weapon Platoon: 386
    --Command Squad
    ---Junior Officer: Bolt pistol, Close combat weapon
    ---3 Guardsmen: Close combat weapon, Laspistol
    ---1 Guardsman: Lasgun

---3 LascannonTeams:
    ---3 Lascannon Teams
    ---3 Missile Launcher Teams

HEAVY2and 3: 250
    -2 Basilisks: heavy bolter, indirect fire

This list depends heavily on cover and open arcs of fire for my firebase(s).
    Since it includes creed and kell, I can choose my deployment zone. the deployment zone would be the one which puts my bassies out of LOS and allows me to set up firebases in cover. Also, hopefully a good view of the battlefield from where my heavy weapons deploy.

If long table edges: split into 2 (Ld 10 re-rolling leadership) firebases each with one disposable kasrkin squad.
    If table quarters: use the 2 troop choices and hvy weapon platoon command along with kell and creed attatched to one of the squads to counter any assault attempts.

The heavy weapon platoon command squad and the kasrkins are meant to go out and meet and enemy that has a chance of reaching my heavy weapons. the deep striking kasrkins are a random chance at killing a key enemy unit which can hit me outside of 48" or which has indirect fire.

this is going to be put to the test in a few days on 6'x4'

Last edited by NTFH; July 29th, 2006 at 05:07.
    Imperial Guard Variants 69/20/9
    Space Wolves 17/16/2
    I.G. Armoured Company 7/3/2
    Deamonhunters 1/2/1
    I.G. BFG 0/1/2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Right il start at the top
    Your doctrines arent very good sooo
    firstly you do have to take storm troopers and grenadiers if you want to use both ie. in troops AND elites so id drop so this kinda shoots your list in the foot however you have taken close order drill which doesnt work on stormies, grenadiers or infact anything in your army so er drop it and then you are fine.
    Your command squad is pretty standard though id change him to a junior officer with Honorifica and a powersword same points and gives you a free powersword. (i know youve used it but il get to that)
    drop the mortar squad as your bassies can do indirect all over the table far better.
    As far as leadership goes it is actually impossible to get leadership ten in a guardsman squad unless the commisar kills the leader. Your main command is LD10 everything else is LD8 im afraid. (9 if near your officer)
    Support squads are fine for the whole army.
    Now your Kasarkins. Your elite kasarkins are fine brilliant your troop ones need changing. I see your taking them because you have too but if you are doing this then dont take a melta (they arent going to be getting close enough) Get rid of all of the gear on the sarge apart from the stormbolter. With the 55 points this saves you get another 2 stormies with plasma for the troops choices.
    this leaves you with 95 points that should be spent on your troops and will get you a squad of 7 with two plasma guns the other 5 points can go for another power weapon somewhere.

Your army looks fairly good after this. before you lacked enough bodies to protect those heavy weapons squads. with more grenadiers and plasma you can actually take out marines with rapid fire and also have big enough squads so that you can take casualties.

Your tactic of going out to meet the enemy is a waste of the command squad as to has no hitting power whatsoever. The grenadiers should be standing back and covering the heavy weapons with up close rapid fire. YOu need something to protect the bassies so put these near them and it will mean their deepstrike units will think twice about taking out the bassies.

Hope this helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an opponent's consent list since Creed and Kell are in it. so it's not really a list i'll be taking everywhere i go. I got challenged to 1700pts by a buddy of mine so i figured i'd try out the tooled up kasrkin sgt i just finished painting. the huge cost of the kasrkin vet sgt was thrown in for the fun of it. besides.. if i can get into close combat with initiative 4 or less enemies with my vet sgt he just might do good.
    the HSO would be an HSO regardless of wether or not I used an honorifica in my army. HSO has access to 100points of wargear wearas a jr officer only has 50. since theere's a commissar in thier to boost the leadership, and potentially kill the officer, the leader needs extra wargear to keep him alive.

the idea of going out to meet the enemy is a bad idea.. i'll admit

about the leadership 10 -from GW FAQs:
    "The Commissar’s Leadership bonus
    applies to the Junior Officer’s, Senior
    Officer’s, or Heroic Senior Officer’s
    Leadership special rule if he is placed with
    the Command HQ.
    He focuses the
    Officer’s mind nicely. "

about the Close order drill -from GW FAQs:
    "You are not required to spend a Doctrine
    Point to be able to take Storm Troopers
    and then an additional doctrine point for
    Grenadiers
    . Storm Troopers are Imperial
    troops assigned to a regiment in the field.
    Grenadiers are elite members of the same
    regiment."

i'll likely have this list edited shortly.
    Last edited by NTFH; July 30th, 2006 at 01:38.
    Imperial Guard Variants 69/20/9
    Space Wolves 17/16/2
    I.G. Armoured Company 7/3/2
    Deamonhunters 1/2/1
    I.G. BFG 0/1/2

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by NTFH
    about the Close order drill -from GW FAQs:
    "You are not required to spend a Doctrine
    Point to be able to take Storm Troopers
    and then an additional doctrine point for
    Grenadiers. Storm Troopers are Imperial
    troops assigned to a regiment in the field.
    Grenadiers are elite members of the same
    regiment."
    Like many, you are reading this wrong.

This does NOT mean that you can take one, and get both.

This means that you do not have to take BOTH in order to get Grenadiers.

You still have to buy the Storm Troopers doctrine to take Storm Troopers, and the Grenadiers doctrine to take Grenadiers. You do not have to buy Grenadiers and Storm Troopers both to field Grenadiers. That's what it means.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

cudnt have put the grenadier bit better myself!
    though you have said thats for close order drill i dont see close order drills relevance if you are suggesting they can take it well they cant. but i wont go into as im not sure thats what you mean!

Well the FAQ no longer exists so the rule you are using for your commisars doesnt exist any longer. Dont you just love GW. Besides its so damn clear cut in the codex i dont see what people are arguing about. If it is changed when the put the new FAQ up then by all means go for it but as the only published rule is in disagreement with you (no matter how stupid the rule is) you have it wrong.
    As for the HSo remember your weapons dont count as wargear they are in addition also you are taking less than fifty points of wargear on him anyway so its a moot point. Also same as with your sargeant you dont want to tool up guard. yes for a friendly if you dont mind losing it then ok but seriously to have a chance of winning spend the points elsewhere ive already shown the amount of points youve spent on useless stuff!!!

I also dont get the bit about needing extra wargear to stay alive?? if you fail a leadership test nothing will keep him alive no matter how much wargear he has and again he has less than 50 points worth.

Any way as its a one off friendly good luck who knows the tooled out guy may turn up trumps!

good luck
    A
    Last edited by Commisarlestat; July 31st, 2006 at 18:50.

+ Reply to Thread