[2000] Wh + Ig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [2000] Wh + Ig

vin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2000] Wh + Ig

I've been toying around with this setup for a little while, Critiques and advise are welcome. I normally just play with friends but a few are rather competitive so it is nice to keep up.

HQ: Cannoness - B.Wep, Cloak, Brazier, Jump - 125

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with her atm, I also dislike how B.Weps a bit for not being 1 handed. I'm not quite sure if she fits in, but I like her extra faith, I'm considering equipping her for tank busting. Trade the Brazier and B.Wep for inferno+evis.

HQ: =][= Lord - Bolter, Carapace Armor
    3 HB Servitors
    3 Aco's - Bolters, Carapace
    2 Chirurgeons - 196

Need the =][= for other units, might as well make him useful, thanks to those who commented in the henchmen threads.

Elites: Eversor + 6 DCA - (Dunno rule wise if I can put points here, No upgrades make the amt. kind of blatent)

Troops: (x3) 9 SoBs + 1 VSS, 2 Stormbolters, Book of St. Lucias - 417

Troop: Armored Fist - Lascannon
    Chimera: 2 H.Bolter, Imp. Coms EDIT: Extra armor - 195

Fast: (x2) Seraphim (6+VSS) - Book of St. Lucias, 1 pair of inferno pistols, 1 pair of hand flamers. On Only 1 of the VSS's a melta bomb. - 382

Thinking about reorganizing the seraphim to make 1 squad be anti tank rather then keeping them diverse.

Heavy: 2x Exorcists - Extra armor - 280

Heavy: Lance Strike - (Dunno rule wise if I can put points here)

= 2000 pts, 71 models, 3 tanks, 7 faith base

More or less (Depending on terrian, mission, and other variables) I plan to run it like this. The 7 Infiltrators will either be pushed close to the enemy's deployment for shooty armies, or more towards the middle/slightly back for cc armies. The goal here is the usual (with a little something extra on the second turn hopefully), to tie up my opponent, hopefully do some damage, but more or less they're a distraction. My long ranged will shoot. The seraphims, sisters, and guard will move into position behind the 'sin's.

With the imp. coms I have a very respectable chance of getting my lance strike in for second turn, and that's where I hope my infiltrators will help out, holding the enemy where I want them. Odds are those sin's have a better chance of surviving the lance then most units with their save, and while I don't plan for them to be exactly where it drops (granted it always scatters like mad) I don't really mind them taking the hits if it keeps the enemy there. I can see this functioning for most situations. Against a shooty army, they're going to want to move out of the area and are hopefully semi trapped - and when they're moving they will be shooting a bit less. Against cc, I'd place the strike up a bit more ahead of the sin's, so they have to move through it/try to avoid it and then get pinned at the line which the strike may possible scatter to.

Meanwhile my seraphim fly to where they are needed (supporting the other troops, tank bust, etc), my troops advance potentially shooting if they can get line of sight, otherwise seting up to open fire once there are unblocked units out of close combat (Preferably beyond where the Lance can scatter too). The =][= and his ret have also found I nice place to camp out and open fire hopefully.

And umm yeah that's pretty much it, I can foresee trouble with drop pod armies, heavy mechenized armies, and maybe some heavy deepstriking. Also IW or other armies that can take lots of indep. shooty guys like obliterators. I'm not too sure how I would go about dealing with alot of tanks, as you can't tie them up in cc. And a really good shooty army could decimate me with some luck. A mission where I cannot infiltrate will probably hurt pretty bad too.

I'm kinda worried about all my tanks being popped quick, as I only have 3, and I heavily rely on the exorcists for dropping things. I've considered switching stuff around and maybe going heavier with the IG and getting another chimera plus a Leman Russ (Though I think I'd rather the exorcist?). I like my little Lance Strike strat, I haven't read anyone else doing it and I think it has potential, granted it's alot of luck. (Though not having read about stuff on here tends to make it a bad idea ) I could potentially grab rhino's for the sisters to give them moblitly, maybe drop the cannoness to help pay for it, though I don't really think it's worth it. I like having her around for the faith and her strategic value of being able to hop wherever if *junk* happens and taking care of it or atleast delaying the issue. I put stormbolters on the sisters so they have some range while they footslog it instead of flamers. I wasn't too sure if this is the better option but it made more sense to me.

I have some more thoughts and options I want to toy with, but that's alot for one post so I'll leave it to some commentery .

EDIT: I've considered a few revisions myself, just figured I'd throw it out there. No IG in this mix, and less range but a little more anti tank.

HQ: Cannoness - Jump, Evis, Inferno, Cloak.............. 125

HQ: =][= Lord - Bolter, carapace armor, auspex ....... 198
    3 HB Servitors
    2 Chirurgeons

Troops: (x3) 9 SoBs + 1 VSS - 2 Stormbolters ......... 402

Elites: Eversor + 6 DCA

Fast: Seraphim (7) - 2 flame pistol sets, VSS ...... 178

Fast: Seraphim (7) - 2 Inferno Pistol sets, Book of St Lucias, VSS, Eviscerator ..... 224

Fast: Dominion (5) - 3 melta, VSS ...................... 187
    Immolater - extra armor + smoke

Heavy: 2x Exorcists - Extra armor ................... 280

Heavy: Lance Strike

=1999, 66 models, 3 tanks, 8 faith base

-- Open for suggestions

Last edited by vin; July 31st, 2006 at 04:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

vin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No comments huh

Well I plan to proxy most of this and play test this with a friend soon but play testing with one person doesn't quite fully test out an army. I'm thinking something to the tune of this :

Cannoness: Jump, B.Wep, cloak, bolt pistol ... 116

HQ: =][= Lord - Bolter, carapace armor, auspex ....... 198
    3 HB Servitors
    2 Chirurgeons

Troops: (x3) 9 SoBs + 1 VSS - 2 Stormbolters ......... 402

Elites: Eversor + 6 DCA

Fast: Seraphim (7) - 2 flame pistol sets, Book of St Lucias, VSS ...... 183

Fast: Seraphim (7) - 2 Inferno Pistol sets, VSS, Eviscerator ..... 219

Troop: Armored Fist - Lascannon

Chimera: 2 H.Bolter, Imp. Coms, Extra armor ............. 195

Heavy: 2x Exorcists - Extra armor ................... 280

Heavy: Lance Strike

= 1998 pts, 7 faith, 3 tanks

Kind of a mix between those first two lists, the second left out the Imp. Coms and I kind of want them. (50% vs 75%) I've considered taking FAGK's to also make use of the fact that I have the coms, though I'm not quite sure where I should cut to get points for them. Other considerations I've had were to drop a SoB squad for IST's with plasmas; or I'm also half tempted to play rough rider's instead of a Battle sisters 'cuz I just love how there are horses in 40k still, and they could make a followup turn 2 rush (lance's of course). Sentinals are a possibility also, either auto cannons or las's, they could draw fire off my other tanks and give me some long range anti tank that I think I need pretty badly. I just don't feel that 2 exo's, a las, and an anti tank sera squad are enough in a 2k pt.

Though not having played it yet I want to ask: how long do those 'sins tend to live? Do I seem to have enough anti tank? (Everyone seems to be mech these days) And for additional units, where should I cut points?

(And to answer some of my own questions, I kinda think I should cut the cannoness, though I'd hate too, I love the faith and the model. Or maybe just tool her down and toss her in a squad. Also, to address any comments to the nature that I should be more mech - assuming the 'sins live for awhile, close combat should provide a good amount of cover for the foot slogging - I hope. And If I do toss my army in transports, I'm getting to the other side a bit overly fast, the goal behind the lance strike was to force movement into my fire. Granted more tanks = less tanks dead first turn, which is a good thing)

Not too sure on it overall, comment's and reccomendations are appriciated. Even if not on the actual list but the whole lance strat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

Well, I'm no tactician, but if you are desperate for some notes, here goes.

10 man squad foot sloggers aren't preferable. They can be munched quite easily. I'd squeeze two into one and do that, or give them meltas.

Other than that, nothing glares at me.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

+ Reply to Thread