Librarium Online Forums banner

Weird 500 pts list

949 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Hermann Morr 
#1 ·
You all know the difficulties IG meets at low points games, searching a way to develop a 500 pts competitive list i came out with that:

Doctrines:
conscripts
independent commissars
close order drill
drop troops (just cause its free)

QG squad: junior officer, power sword, ccw guards 45 pts

1 inf. platoon: command squad + 2 infantry squads, lasguns and no more 160 pts

1 conscript platoon: 30 conscripts + independent commissar 170 pts

1 Basilisk, indirect fire 125 pts

Basilisk shoots, unbreakable conscripts protect basilisk, lasgun platoon may stand or drop.

#3 ·
Hermann Morr said:
You all know the difficulties IG meets at low points games, searching a way to develop a 500 pts competitive list i came out with that:

Doctrines:
conscripts
independent commissars
close order drill
drop troops (just cause its free)

QG squad: junior officer, power sword, ccw guards 45 pts

1 inf. platoon: command squad + 2 infantry squads, lasguns and no more 160 pts

1 conscript platoon: 30 conscripts + independent commissar 170 pts

1 Basilisk, indirect fire 125 pts

Basilisk shoots, unbreakable conscripts protect basilisk, lasgun platoon may stand or drop.
Heh, unbreakable conscripts are very choppable. And while they're getting chopped the guys attacking them can't be shot. I don't think it would work purely because you're putting way too much faith in the basilisk. It does scatter remember. For a 500pts list I'd stick with HQ, One platoon, One armoured fist squad.

#4 ·
Conscripts are choppable, but it takes 2-3 turns at least. Their job is to keep one enemy squad tied and die. At 500 points the enemies can't field many units, if the basilisk manages to splat one and conscripts tie another, he wont have much left to shoot back.

#6 ·
You could also scrap one of your Conscript squads for 40 points, and turn that Bassi into a bonafide Leman Russ. Most people aren't going to expect a armor 14 tank at 500 pts and probably will be leaving the lascannons at home in favor of anti-infantry stuff.

Indirected Bassi = 125 + (10 Conscripts * 4 pts) = 165 pts. Leman Russ + Heavy boleter = 165 pts.

#7 ·
Hermann Morr said:
Conscripts are choppable, but it takes 2-3 turns at least. Their job is to keep one enemy squad tied and die. At 500 points the enemies can't field many units, if the basilisk manages to splat one and conscripts tie another, he wont have much left to shoot back.
That's what I'm sort of worried about, opponent doesn't actually want to shoot back. Just think of 30 or so slugga boys with power klaw nobs. Or Hormagaunts. Or what if a Hive Tyrant shows up? Or a Daemon Prince. Your list has too much faith in the Basilisk alone.

#11 ·
Very strange list.
Sorry about your loss.
Drop a sqaud of conscripts and put in Grenade Launchers, Plamsa Guns or heavy Bolter/ Missle Launchers.
Could help against Smurfy armys. Also remember your bassi can also shoot directly so once your foe is within 36" you can still shoot. You also have a heavy bolter on the Bas so use it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.