1850 BT army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1850 BT army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 BT army

ok I originally had a all infantry BT army, but I felt it needed a bit more armor...so here it is

HQ:
    Marshall = 111
    Power Wep
    Bolt Pistol
    Terminator Honours

Emporers Champion = 140
    Accept any Challenge

Elites

Dreadnought = 110
    AC + CCW
    Extra Armor

Dreadnought = 110
    AC + CCW
    Extra Armor

Dreadnought = 110
    AC + CCW
    Extra Armor

Troops:

Crusader Squad 1 = 285
    x10 Initiates
    Power fist
    Melta gun
    X10 Neophytes

Crusader Squad 2 = 285
    x10 Initiates
    Power fist
    Melta gun
    X10 Neophytes

Crusader Squad 3 = 285
    x10 Initiates
    Power fist
    Melta gun
    X10 Neophytes

Fast Attack

Assault Squad = 265
    x10 marines
    x2 Plasma Pistols
    Power Fist
    Meltabombs

Heavy Support

Pred. An. = 150
    TL Las
    w/ sponson Las
    Extra Armor

Total: 1851

Ok so let me know what you guys think!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I like your army as a whole, i would suggest dropping one of the dreads and findin a few extra point to put a Vinicator in, this will also help the survivability of your Predator,
    My other idea is to drop the Marshall for a chaplain, he would then have a jump pack and lead your assault squad, i would drop a few neophytes to make room for these changes,

Hope that was of some help,
    DjSmed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

The list seems decent, but this is just my opinion below based upon the games I've played, take it or leave it as you see fit.

I like the huge squads of space marines, but against canny and/or good players I've found that without a chaplain leading the group, the RZ rule can be used against you by leading you around the board with a landspeeder or other quick vehicle. It's easier said than done, of course.

I'm not saying they are bad (I love them), just that depending on where/who you play, you might want to think about trying to add a chaplain to at least one of the units to allow its RZ move to be where you want it to be (i.e. to control the problem).

I've also found 2 full units to be more than enough footsloggers, and in the end have needed more tank-busting than another 20-man squad.

Since you are not dropping the dreads, I would suggest you take Smoke Launchers on them. Most of the time you might not need them, but on a 4' wide board, and canny player can make them move and be just out of range, so you might want to pop smoke for a bit of protection.

Also, about the assault squad... drop them. I've found them to be expensive equals to the crusader squads, but with less numbers. Perhaps use the points for a couple of changes that have been suggested. Or a Land Speeder Tornado or 2?

Personally, all of my advice deals with the thing that bothers me about your list: you have no way to truly limit the shooting that will be pouring into the crusader squads either with your own counter shooting or quick (enough) assault. Personally, I would think about getting a unit (or 2) of 10 marines in a rhino to get into CC quickly (turn 2) where you want them to be to limit the damage done to the large squads. This would also give a first and second wave of assaulting to your attack, and lend a certain amount of variability to you tactics that I think the list above is lacking.

I assume you think that's what the Assault marines could do. I just don't think they can do it well enough. Drop podding the Dreads could do this as well, but I'm always leary about Drop Podding Dreads, for some reason I can't fathom.

Well, that's what I see in the list. It's good, and will work for you, but I think you'll get bored with it relatively quickly, so the suggestions have been my opinion on ways to make it more tactically flexible and structurally sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so I took some of the ideas and made some alterations.

HQ:
    Master of Sanctity: 156
    Terminator Honours
    Bolt Pistol
    x3 Cenobyte Servitors

Master of Sanctity: 156
    Terminator Honours
    Bolt Pistol
    x3 Cenobyte Servitors

Emporers Champion = 140
    Accept any Challenge

Elites

Dreadnought = 130
    AC + CCW
    Extra Armor
    Venerable

Dreadnought = 110
    AC + CCW
    Extra Armor

Troops:

Crusader Squad 1 = 285
    x10 Initiates
    Power fist
    Melta gun
    X10 Neophytes

Crusader Squad 2 = 285
    x10 Initiates
    Power fist
    Melta gun
    X10 Neophytes

Crusader Squad 3 = 285
    x10 Initiates
    Power fist
    Melta gun
    X10 Neophytes

Heavy Support

Pred. An. = 150
    TL Las
    w/ sponson Las
    Extra Armor

Pred. An. = 150
    TL Las
    w/ sponson Las
    Extra Armor

Total: 1847

So the 2 chappys join up with 2 different squads and then the EC goes with the other one...this means the squad still benefits from leadership 10 even without a marshall on the field. Also the cenobytes will make the running even faster with that extra 3 inches AND rerolling all misses in a 20 man squad....ouch. I have 2 dreads that will be walking with them and then for fire support I have 2 Pred annihilators. hmm maybe it will work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that now you have to many characters this sort of looks like a fantasy army list. Probably drop a chaplain in favour of another tank or a fire support squad.
    My armies are studly!
    W/D/L
    Empire 25/1/2
    chaos 8/0/2
    Hyrulian Knights 7/3/1

Take the fight to them
    Have faith is suspician

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

+ Reply to Thread