1850 Mechanized IG newb - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

1850 Mechanized IG newb

Well this is my first list and I don't think it is too bad but hey I have never played IG before and have only seen em played twice so who knows.

HQ-Senior Officer-PW,PP
    Guardsmen have 2 PG and 2 MG
    Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    200pt

Elite-Techpriest Engiseer with 4 Tech servitors
    Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    175pt

Troop-Grenadiers-8-VS with PP and PW, 1 PG, 1 MG
    Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    211pt

Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    211pt

Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    211pt

Fast Attack-Hellhound
    115pt

Fast Attack-Hellhound
    115pt

Fast Attack-Hellhound
    115pt

Heavy Support-Leman Russ-HM HB, HB on sides, Pintle mounted heavy stubber
    167pt

Heavy Support-Demolisher-HM LC, PC on sides
    185pt

Heavy Support-Basilks-Indirect fire, armorud crew compartment
    145pt

Total = 1850

Well here are the Doctrines for this list and some are probally worthless but I don't know what others really would be usefull for this list. Techpriest, Storm troopers, Grenadiers, Mechanized, Special Weapons. This probally be where I need the most help if anything IMO since I'm not too familar with them. Also should I just go all of PG on ST then a all MG and on the command squad should I also just go all of something as well?

Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Drop the Techpriest and both melta guns in tyhe command squad as squads sould have the same tybe of weapon so you dont waste any firepower aslo each man you lose = 1 less weapon so only put one to two weapons in each squad

Plasma pistols and power weapons are not the best weapons for Grenadiers as for what they cost they dont do much and if your that close you will die in close combat anyway and dont waste the points, 2 plsama guns is all they sould have so they can dirve by with there Chimera and plsama a enemy unit, aslo take EA off the Chimeras and put it on the hellhounds as its more important that this tank can fire

Drop the heavy stubber on the leman as it can use it when it fires its battle cannon so put this gun on a Chimera or all Chimeras if you like as it can use it with the rest of its guns for 9 shots a turn

Drop the armorud crew compartment as the bassy sould be behind cover anyway and the points could be use in other units

The Demolisher is your only anti-tank unit in your whole army and one lascannon is not going to cut it, drop the Mechanized Doctrine as Grenadiers can take a Chimera without it and get some normal guard squads with a lascannon and plsama gun to help with anti-tank and if you still want the Chimeras for these squads then take them as armoured fist squads but set the squads up on foot and use them as firesupport in cover and let the Chimera go of on its own

Hope that helps
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

The only thing that i have to disagree with kosmos is getting rid of the heavy stubber I really like using them against orks or nids when they get closer to me so i don't nail my self. Even though I hate myself disagreeing with kosmos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lictor1989
    Well here are the Doctrines for this list and some are probally worthless but I don't know what others really would be usefull for this list. Techpriest, Storm troopers, Grenadiers, Mechanized, Special Weapons. This probally be where I need the most help if anything IMO since I'm not too familar with them. Also should I just go all of PG on ST then a all MG and on the command squad should I also just go all of something as well?
    Just to go with this... you said your Doctrines were:

Techpriest
    Storm Troopers
    Grenadiers
    Mechanised
    Special Weapons

You don't need to include Storm Troopers (as you aren't taking any) and you don't need to include the Special Weapons doctrine (as you aren't taking any Special Weapons squads, either).

This'll free up two more Doctrine points for you to throw around... if you want 'em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusade
    The only thing that i have to disagree with kosmos is getting rid of the heavy stubber I really like using them against orks or nids when they get closer to me so i don't nail my self. Even though I hate myself disagreeing with kosmos.
    If you take them off the leman russ it wont matter because he sould be useing the battle cannon each turn but it could be used with the 3 heavy bolters for 12 shots a turn but then you lose the battle cannon shot so i would put them on a Hellhound or a Chimera so that they can still use there normal weapons and the heavy stubber at the same time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Well I would prefer to keep it all mechnized so I really don't want troops on foot and that is the main reason why all my grendiars and command squad have them.

aslo take EA off the Chimeras and put it on the hellhounds as its more important that this tank can fire

Um KOS-MOS extra armor makes stuns go to shakens which only lets you move (and the main reason why I took them off my hellhounds in the first place).

Though you are probally rite on the armored compartment on the bassie so I'll probally take that off and put them somewhere else. Though I'll keep the HS on the leman russ as when I don't fire the BC (may happen since I don't have to worry about scattering) I'll get 12 shots which is nice.

Plasma pistols and power weapons are not the best weapons for Grenadiers as for what they cost they dont do much and if your that close you will die in close combat anyway and dont waste the points, 2 plsama guns is all they sould have so they can dirve by with there Chimera and plsama a enemy unit,

Why is a PP bad for the VS as it adds to an extra shot which I think is needed. Plus since I went from looking at the points from a WH codex to an IG I think they are a bargin (dam WH PP are 15pts and power weapons 10pts ). So since I want a little anti tank in every mech squad (so the enemy just doesn't have to shoot one squad and I lose all my anti tank) also with the PP and MG I get 3 str 7 Ap2 and 1 str 8 Ap1 so basically the same amount as PG at 12" range (which may be what I want to be at as most squads should be weakened from the ordance fire and such).

Also is a techpriest really that bad as I think with his 4 servitors he can repair any damage to a tank on a 2+ (which can make some tanks scroing units again). Plus if they shoot them then oh well not shooting my tanks then. Plus it would go a bit with the fluff idea I have for this army (they are closely tied with the Adeptus Mechanicus and such so why not a techpriest).

Well this may all be ignorance of me speaking though I guess I also don't mind if a few elements aren't effecient I should say.

Also any idea of what to do with the two Doctrines Lost Nemsis said (as he is right about that though I don't know what else to use them for).
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lictor1989
    HQ-Senior Officer-PW,PP
    Guardsmen have 2 PG and 2 MG
    Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    200pt
    Ok, the Grenadiers have pretty good LD and they're too mobile so unless you want to use a vox system the LD from this squad is more or less worthless. In that respect I would drop all the upgrades on the officer and make him a Junior. Then get rid of the special weapons, slap in a Lascannon and deploy him back.

Elite-Techpriest Engiseer with 4 Tech servitors
    Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    175pt
    *Sigh* If you really must. You could just use the model and convert it into your officer. Honestly the techpriest will achieve almost nothing against a decent opponent. I love the model but my has been sadly shelved for a long time because of his uselessness.

Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    211pt

Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    211pt

Chimera-ML,HM HB,EA
    211pt
    Don't mix 'n' match weapons, I suggest double plasma in each squad.

Fast Attack-Hellhound
    115pt

Fast Attack-Hellhound
    115pt

Fast Attack-Hellhound
    115pt
    Heavy stubbers would be really cool on these.

[quote]
    Heavy Support-Leman Russ-HM HB, HB on sides, Pintle mounted heavy stubber
    167pt
    [quote]

Move the Heavy Stubber to either one of the Chimeras or Hellhounds.

Heavy Support-Demolisher-HM LC, PC on sides
    185pt
    Good.

Heavy Support-Basilks-Indirect fire, armorud crew compartment
    145pt
    With the proper deployment this shouldn't be getting shot up anyway. In the respect ditch the Armoured Crew Compartment.

----------

What really stands out is your severe lack of anti-tank weapons (keep in mind meltaguns, unless deepstruck, rarely get close enough to their target to be effective. Even when Deepstruck they are not reliable at all)

I suggest you get a Triple Lascannon Anti-tank support team pronto. That should help cover the anti-tank deficiency.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Ok, the Grenadiers have pretty good LD and they're too mobile so unless you want to use a vox system the LD from this squad is more or less worthless. In that respect I would drop all the upgrades on the officer and make him a Junior. Then get rid of the special weapons, slap in a Lascannon and deploy him back.

Alright I'll take your word for it though I have a question quick. If I do drop them and get the lascannon does that mean I should also get the heavy support squad with him and lascannons though they will have to come with a chimera.

*Sigh* If you really must. You could just use the model and convert it into your officer. Honestly the techpriest will achieve almost nothing against a decent opponent. I love the model but my has been sadly shelved for a long time because of his uselessness.

Hmm I might do that though I also really like the model. Though I think I'll play test with him first to see if I can make him work or not (though your probally right this is somewhat of a fun list but I may in the end just drop...so sad too such a cool model).

Heavy stubbers would be really cool on these.

Do I really need to put the heavy stubbers on the hellhounds as to me they won't do that much and I probally should use them instead on the chimera. Though not sure on that maybe if I have points left over I'll do that (though by the way it seems I won't have many left if I want some anti tank units in this). Also should it be first priority to take the heavy stubber off the leman russ as to me it would be nice for it to fire 12 shots off?

What really stands out is your severe lack of anti-tank weapons (keep in mind meltaguns, unless deepstruck, rarely get close enough to their target to be effective. Even when Deepstruck they are not reliable at all)

Ya thats the first thing that came to mind after I made this army is wow I could probally beat any infantry army but dang their tanks are going to be a pain. So hopefully by adding that lascannon squad it will help a bit (also do I need the heavy weapons doctrine to get these if they are with the command squad?).

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Some Nid
    Um KOS-MOS extra armor makes stuns go to shakens which only lets you move (and the main reason why I took them off my hellhounds in the first place).
    My bad:wacko: but the enemy will target your hellhounds first or they sould so keeping them going my be worth it but a better thing to give them would be smoke launchers as you can move all the hellhounds up 12" on the first turn and pop smoke so that they will last longer and will take some hits off your other tanks

I would say that you sould take 1 guard platoon with lascannons for anti-tank as there is no way
    that the Grenadiers can cover tanking out tanks even with a Chimera zooming them around, drop one Grenadier squad and the Techpriest and you sould have the points for this platoon and will give you a nice firebase if you need to fall back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Well I still really want to keep it mechanized though the idea Triumph Of Man came up with by getting me some heavy support squads with lascannons seems like a nice idea (though does that mean they all have to be in seprate chimeras? The smoke launchers on the hellhounds seems like a good idea I'll see if I can sqeeze them in (though at this rate I'm not sure if I'll have the points to do this).

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast