CoD 1000pt -- Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

CoD 1000pt -- Friendly

City of Death 1000 points -- mainly against Black Templar or Chaos Undivided (Nightlords or Alpha Legion)

HQ
    Canoness + Eviscerator + Jump Pack + Cloak of St.Aspira + Book of St.Lucius = 115
    Grandmaster (Demon Hunter) + Nemesis Force Weapon + Terminator Armour + Storm Bolter (All gears are standard, no extra point cost) = 145

Elite
    Inquisitor = 20
    Eversor Assassin = 95

Troop
    10 x Battle Sisters + VSS + Eviscerator + Book of St.Lucius + 2xMelta = 174
    10 x Battle Sisters + VSS + Eviscerator + Book of St.Lucius + 1xMelta + 1xHvyFlamer = 176
    10 x Battle Sisters + VSS + Eviscerator + Book of St.Lucius + 1xFlamer + 1xHvyFlamer = 172

Total Point 897
    Total Faith Point : 5

103 points left to spend.. any suggestions? :yes:

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

With respect, I don't agree with this list. (It's an all-comers list, though, right?)

CoD rules tend to favor a high # of scoring units. CoD rules allow you to use Sewer Rats, which is like having a very accurate DeepStrike Capability.

Therefore, double Meltaguns can be plced in a 5-man IST squad for 70 points.
    2 Meltaguns, scoring unit for only 70 points.

A SoB VSS with an Eviscerator is an extremely expenisve model with fairly mediocre capability.

I'd much rather a squad of vanilla Celestians over your troop squad configurations.
    Celestians have a lot of choices in CC. Remember that Divine GUidace in CC can be considered a "virtual power weapon", and applying the AP1 ONLY to the wounding hits is very favorable. Give them 1 Heavy Bolter and a Flamer and you're done.

Did you read what I had to say about Sacred Incense? It will only set you back 10 points.

Cannoness should have a Blessed Weapon. The option to be Str5+Init6 should be taken.

Seraphim provide great utility to the army. Excellent for delivering flamer templates and planting flags. You should have 8. (Yes to the books of St Lucius)

- Drop 2X Troops. (+350)
    - Add small scoring IST squad with 2 Meltaguns. (-70)
    - Drop Eviscerators. (+75)
    - Add 10 Celestians w/HB+Flamer (-141)
    - Lose Eversor (+95)
    - Add 8 Seraphim (+205)

Cloak of St Aspira might not be necessary. Unload it if you need the points.
    You might even have enough points to aquire another scoring unit of ISTs with 2X flamers.
    That gives you another scoring unit, and 2 flamer templates for a mere 60 points.

More scoring units means a lot. Sewer Rats changes the game greatly for WH.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zinfandel

- Drop 2X Troops. (+350)
    - Add small scoring IST squad with 2 Meltaguns. (-70)
    - Drop Eviscerators. (+75)
    - Add 10 Celestians w/HB+Flamer (-141)
    - Lose Eversor (+95)
    - Add 8 Seraphim (+205)
    What was I thinking.. You're right, this *IS* a CoD list.. and I realized I dont have alot of scoring units :wacko: It seems like IST is a better choice in CoD.. I'll have to go back into the mountain and lock myself in a cellar to reflect on what I have said.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I also want to restate that a squad of 8-10 GKs with a DH Inquisitor w/ Sacred Insense can fill the same role as the Grand Master against the Prince. IN addition the GK squad can shoot a lot more bolts, and they can score, and they have quite a few more wounds, so are better defensively.

Against Templars, I find that a Basic Celestian Squad provides excellent return on investment.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

I would suggest posting the chaos players list up then we can help build you one to counter it.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread