[1,850] Raven Guard Rapid Strike - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

[1,850] Raven Guard Rapid Strike

As befits my usual modus operandi of coming up with lists based solely on fluff and a cool concept, then finding out that they don't actually stand a chance in practice, I have come up with a neat Raven Guard Rapid Strike Team led by Captain Kayvaan Shrike.

Concept: After reconnoitering for some time, the Raven Guard's scouts discern the weak point in their enemy's disposition. Subsequently, they call down the assault forces to shatter the enemy at that point.

In practice: I like the idea of setting up entirely after my opponent is done. The Scouts infiltrate, as does Shrike. All others Deep Strike. It's what I picture a Raven Guard force to be: compact, fast, hard-hitting.

HQ:
    Traits: (Raven Guard, Fierce) Blessed be the Warriors; No Mercy, No Respite; Flesh Over Steel

Capt. Kayvaan Shrike
    -- Shrike's Wing (x4)

Elites:
    Terminator Assault Squad (x4), 3 pairs of Lightning Claws, 2 Thunder Hammers & Storm Shields
    -- Sergeant, Pair of Lightning Claws

Assault Squad (x8), Furious Charge, 2 Plasma Pistols
    -- Veteran Sergeant, Powerfist (Master-crafted), Plasma Pistol

Troops:
    Scout Squad (x9), Frag Grenades
    -- Veteran Sergeant, Powerfist, Plasma Pistol

Scout Squad (x7), Sniper Rifles
    -- Sergeant, Sniper Rifle

Scout Squad (x7), Sniper Rifles
    -- Sergeant, Sniper Rifle

Fast Attack:
    Assault Squad (x7), Furious Charge, 2 Plasma Pistols, Meltabombs

Assault Squad (x7), Furious Charge, 2 Plasma Pistols, Meltabombs

So, could this work, or is this just something that would look cool in a diorama?

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I think you need some more fire support - speeders or dreads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you really plan on fielding this your going to have to get some more anti-tank. Now I see your powerfists but they really aren't going to cut it alone. One thing I would defiantly recomend is switching your termies to regulars. The assault ones are good but they overdo it for you. The normal ones provide some decent shooting, and can kill tanks, especially if given chainfists.

Other than that your list just seems kinda of fragile. You do have plenty of marines but it just doesn't seem to have the staying power you'll want. The big thing you'll have to watch out for are hordes and skimmers. Shrike's wing can screw up a normal static army but if its fairly mobile, like tau, you'll have some trouble. The hordes might just bowl you over. Your list does have good speed though, so if you pick a side and hit it hard you might crush a flank before they can bring their full force to bear. Well then thats all I can see for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Thanks for the input, fellows!

If I were to replace the Assault Terminators with regular Terminators, geared-up for anti-armor (i.e. Chainfists) I think I would have enough anti-armor capability, seeing as I also have eight Meltabombs at my disposal.

To do so, however, I think I would have to reduce the Scout Squads' numbers by one each. A regular squad of Terminators tends to cost more than Assault Terminators, what with the weapons upgrades. (unless I don't add that well.)

My plan was to use the Sniper Rifles to take down the high-Toughness creatures I encounter, as well as the Rending ability of Captain Shrike, himself. I have had my Nightbringer laid low on occasion by a barrage of Scout Sniper fire.

Horde Armies would pose a problem, yes. Highly mobile armies, though, I feel I can outmaneuver them. Additionally, the speed that this list has is able to engage the enemy quickly and rob them of their mobility.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread