2000pts Pirate Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

2000pts Pirate Marines

Here's my first draft for a DIY army similar to the red corsairs.... basically not faithful to the emperor but not devoted to chaos, just basically, pirates.

TRAITS
    Cleanse And Purify

(Un)faithful unto death

HQ
    Master: Power Weapon, bolt pistol, iron halo, artificer armour, terminator honours, frags, furious charge = 155pts

6 x Space Marine Command Squad: Veteran sgt with power fist, company champion, 4 x bolt pistols and ccw. all with furious charge = 158pts

Rhino: extra armour, smoke = 58pts

HQ TOTAL = 371pts

ELITES
    Dreadnought: Venerable, TLLC, ML, extra armour, tank hunters = 170pts

TROOPS
    5 x Space Marines: Lascannon. Razorback: TLLC, extra armour, smoke = 188pts

10 x Space Marines: Vet sgt with powerfist, 2 plasma guns = 205pts

5 x Scouts: 4 x sniper rifles, 1 missile launcher = 95pts

10 x Scouts: Vet sgt with powerfist, 9 scouts with combat shotguns (yes i know, but shotties are cool) = 158pts

TROOPS = 851pts

FAST ATTACK
    5 x Assault Marines: 2 Flamers = 122pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    10 x Devestators: 4 x Plasma cannon = 290pts

Predator Destructor: Lascannon sponsons, smoke launchers = 128pts

HEAVY SUPPORT = 418pts

TOTAL = 1932pts (what to add?)

Strategy: The scouts with shotties infiltrate and try to make it to cc, the other squad uses infiltrate to set up some krak shots at tanks. the primary AT is the 5 man tac squad, razorback, and hellfire dreadnought. the 2 10 man squads and devvies are the core of the anti MEQ firepower, while the command squad is small but has good cc abilities and good meatshields. the assault marines are my anti horde unit in case im up against orks or bugs. the predator is more cheap fire support.

thanks

2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring
    Here's my first draft for a DIY army similar to the red corsairs.... basically not faithful to the emperor but not devoted to chaos, just basically, pirates.

TRAITS
    Cleanse And Purify

(Un)faithful unto death

HQ
    Master: Power Weapon, bolt pistol, iron halo, artificer armour, terminator honours, frags, furious charge = 155pts

6 x Space Marine Command Squad: Veteran sgt with power fist, company champion, 4 x bolt pistols and ccw. all with furious charge = 158pts

Rhino: extra armour, smoke = 58pts

HQ TOTAL = 371pts

ELITES
    Dreadnought: Venerable, TLLC, ML, extra armour, tank hunters = 170pts

TROOPS
    5 x Space Marines: Lascannon. Razorback: TLLC, extra armour, smoke = 188pts

5 x Scouts: 4 x sniper rifles, 1 missile launcher = 95pts

10 x Scouts: Vet sgt with powerfist, 9 scouts with combat shotguns (yes i know, but shotties are cool) = 158pts

TROOPS = 851pts

FAST ATTACK
    5 x Assault Marines: 2 Flamers = 122pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    10 x Devestators: 4 x Plasma cannon = 290pts

Predator Destructor: Lascannon sponsons, smoke launchers = 128pts

HEAVY SUPPORT = 418pts

TOTAL = 1932pts (what to add?)

Strategy: The scouts with shotties infiltrate and try to make it to cc, the other squad uses infiltrate to set up some krak shots at tanks. the primary AT is the 5 man tac squad, razorback, and hellfire dreadnought. the 2 10 man squads and devvies are the core of the anti MEQ firepower, while the command squad is small but has good cc abilities and good meatshields. the assault marines are my anti horde unit in case im up against orks or bugs. the predator is more cheap fire support.

thanks
    You should beef up your Ass. marine squad from 5 to 8. Bigger assualt squads do better. Drop some marines from your dev. squad, it doesn't need 6 meatshields. I would suggest trying to get drop pods for your command squad and the 2 squads with plasmaguns. You might want to take the trait that alows your tactical squads to take BPs and CCWs for free. That would make them better at cc. Keep the plasma in those squads, that would let them shoot in the turn that they pod in but cant move or assualt. I think the list is okay, you may also want to drop the scouts with sniper rifles or give them more sniper rifles.

Hope i helped.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made man equal."

+ Reply to Thread