750 point Friendly play Significant divergence SM Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 point Friendly play Significant divergence SM Army

750 point Space Marine Friendly play Army
    Special Rules:TYBB
    No mercy no respite
    Eye to Eye
    Death before dishonour

Models I have: 20 Space Marines
    5 Assault Marines
    1 Dreadnought
    1 Chaplain
    (I'm a n00b i know)

I was thinking about giving the Chappy a jump pack and letting him lead the assault squad... here's my first version of an army list:

HQ Chaplain
    Lightning Claws
    Jump Pack
    Krak Grenades 152

FA 5x Assault Marines
    (HQ) Furious Charge 125

Troop 5x Space Marines
    Term Honours
    Lascannon
    Heavy Bolter 110

Troop 5x Space Marines 75

Troop 10x Space Marines
    TYBB 180

Elite Dreadnought 108
    Smoke

Total: 750

By the way i'm going to be playing against tau, in case you wanted to know.

"In the dark, a blind man is the best guide. Thus, in this time of madness, look to the madman to show us the way.

Army:
    Wartorn Legion: 6/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

i suggest, if you haven't already modeled it, to not give your chaplain lightning claws. i say this because the lightning claws are expensive and he already comes with a free power weapon(crozius). i think you are probably better off sticking with a bolt pistol/ crozius combo. i would drop the krak grenades and give him frag grenades and terminator honors.

for the first tactical squad, i'm a little confused who the termie honors is for (i'm guessing for the sergeant), but anyway i suggest you dont take the termie honors on him since the extra attack will be wasted if its in a fire support squad. (although i guess you could take it for the extra leadership)

i'm confused what the purpose of the second 5 man squad is, either make it anouther fire support squad or get rid of it.

for the ten man squad i suggest you drop it down to 8 members, put a meltagun in it, get a sergeant with power fist, and stick them in a drop pod.

on the dreadnought, i have found that the lascannon missile launcher combo is more useful, but if you want to save points...

hope i helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all right, all right, i see... i don't have time to put up another version of an army list right now, but i get the general idea. use less expensive stuff, except on the dreadnought. The only reason why i put the lightning claws on the chappy was because my friend who plays tau, who i am going to be playing against next, uses a lot of fire warriors, so i'm trying to create a super-de-uber assault squad which can obliterate him with the 18" charge from behind cover.
    "In the dark, a blind man is the best guide. Thus, in this time of madness, look to the madman to show us the way.

Army:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a new approach.

ok i'm gonna take a whole new approach on this. I'm having a take & hold game tomorrow, and my friend (whom i haven't lost to) has been planning his army specifically for my demise for about a week now..... so, i'm think i'm gonna play it a bit different this time.

My new army list:

HQ: 155
    Master of Sanctity (Plasma Pistol & Crozius Arcanum)
    Artificer Armour
    Jump Pack
    (Attached to Assault Squad)

Elite: 170
    5x Veteran Marine (Bolt Pistol & Chainsword)
    5x Infiltrate
    5x Furious Charge
    5x Krak Grenades
    5x Termy Honours

Elite: 170
    5x Veteran Marine (Bolt Pistol & Chainsword)
    5x Infiltrate
    5x Furious Charge
    5x Krak Grenades
    5x Termy Honours

Troop: 65
    5x Scouts (Bolt Pistol & Chainsword)

Troop: 65
    5x Scouts (Bolt Pistol & Chainsword)

Fast Attack: 125
    5x Assault Marines (Bolt Pistol & Chainsword)
    5x Krak Grenades
    2x Plasma Pistol

Points = 750

HQ w/ FA: Designed for foot-slogging (jump-slogging?) cover to cover to strike wherever i need it. 26 attacks should be enough to take down an annoying infantry team.

Elites: Infiltrate close to the objective, wait behind a wall until turn 4 or 5 of 6 and then rush out and charge. 25 attacks for each squad should dice up a 6-man fire warrior team quite nicely.

Troop: Generally the same idea as the elites, just toned down a bit. 20 attacks each is quite nice.

NOTES: There are going to be 2 objectives on the table. i was thinking about infiltrating one elite and one troop to each, so that my army is evenly strong on both sides. my Chappy and his assault squad will wait somwhere between the two, in 18" assault range of both, in case one side needs help. My opponent only has one tank, a hammerhead, which i was wondering about how to take down. no matter which objective it goes after, i was thinking about flanking it and taking massed pistol shots at it's back armour (10) 12 bolt pistol shots after moving, 8 hit, 1.33 make glancing hits. 3 PP shots, 2 of which hit, 1.33 of which make glancing or penetrating hits, to a total of approximately 1.67 glancing, 1 penetrating hit. (please correct me if my math isn't right.)

Enemy units:
    24 fire warriors
    4 drones (any type)
    Crisis commander
    Hammerhead Gunship.

I don't know which of these he will use, probably all of them if he doesn't go too overboard with buying things for his crisis....

By the way.. what do melta bombs do? i would have added them to my assault squad, but i'm not sure what they do....
    Last edited by lewis595959; August 20th, 2006 at 08:13.

Army:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys.... at least tell me what i'm doing wrong.... one reply in 3 days?

Army:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all right, it turns out the game isn't going ahead today, so you can suggest new units to get, if you want too, i have no problem with that.

Army:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

well, i'm assuming that your opponent is tau, so i think the fact you took infiltrate is pretty good. looks like an pretty good list for such a small points value.

also, don't get too discouraged if sometimes your thread doesn't get much attention, because sometimes threads get overlooked. its happened to me a couple of times, but usually people will respond more often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all right, thanks. is there any way to get my assault squad to the center of the table quicker (ie. infiltrate) ? i don't want to deep strike, because that means that i can't assault on the turn that they get there, which is a bad thing, since they're geared towards assaulting. i could deep strike them behind his tank, but .66 glancing hits, one penetrating hit isn't really worth leaving my main assault squad out in the open. because even twelve fire warriors at close range means 12 hit, 8 wound, 2.67 wounds. 3 wounds on a 5 man squad is not good. i take a leadership check, maybe fall back, etc.

Edit: any advice on tactics is also appreciated.
    Last edited by lewis595959; August 20th, 2006 at 20:59.

Army:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Melta Bombs-- Str * * Armour pene. *" Throw range onto vehicles. I think your list lacks one thing and thats shooting. It's a good list for hiding until he gets to the objective, but your going to be sitting around for a really long time and you'll probrally get bored.

[Please do not post stats] - Chaosbrynn
    Last edited by Chaosbrynn; August 21st, 2006 at 16:22.

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wanted to make my army all assault or all shooting. since he's playing tau, i decided to make it very assaulty. even waiting for 4 turns isn't all that bad, becausewe try to make the games short, we take about 5 minutes for each turn, which means 20 minutes of watching him sweat it out.

Edit: do i use melta bombs in the shooting phase? can i also use them in the assault phase?

Army:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast