Combat Patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combat Patrol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat Patrol

Okay i have my full 1500pt list, but i wanna make a small combat patrol that uses units i dont really use in my main army.

Troops

5 Stormtroopers - 2 plasma guns
    1 Chimera - 2 x Hvy Bolters, and Stormbolter, smoke and extra armour

Fast Attack

1 Sentinel - Autocannon - smoke and searchlight ( extra points )

Total 400pts

The sentinel's for some anti tank and to fit the whole fluff idea as it is a roam ahead kinda vehicle.

My main army has no stormies or chimeras, or Sents. So these guys would roam ahead before the main fire support arrives

Any Ideas / Thoughts?

For those enemies who willingly move against the Supreme judgement, of the Divine Emperor of man kind, Eternal death shall be granted. Amen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Looks like a solid list... very hard to beat.

The only thing I can find wrong with it is that you're 4 points over:

173 per squad.

346 for both squads.

Plus 58 for the Sentinel = 404 points.

Besides that, most armies will have trouble against it, as you have three models with AV.. that, and 4x Plasma Guns are sure to be pretty killer.

You're using the Grenadiers doctrine, I'm taking it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes okay then i'll remove the smokes and flashlight from the sent. And yes i'll be taking grenadiers

Thanks for the feedback
    For those enemies who willingly move against the Supreme judgement, of the Divine Emperor of man kind, Eternal death shall be granted. Amen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial guard excel with numbers. When ever i make a list i take little, if any toys and maximum guardmen. But im not always right and your list may work very well. Well good luck :yes:
    OGZE!!! Ogres are the best like my avater hur hur hur! BANG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's angry. oo;; My worry though would be against a bike/speeder Marine army, which is also pretty fluffy for combat patrol. Be turboboosting about, which means they'll still be getting their save, until you drop the stormies, then they'll be engaging you in CC. Two speeders can probably overwhelm your sentinel and if they go for a one two punch of Multi-Melta speeder and Heavy Bolter speeder, the multimelta will obliterate your armor. Even worse is an Assault cannon, which would munch your armor up goooood.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by GunTAG
    That's angry. oo;; My worry though would be against a bike/speeder Marine army, which is also pretty fluffy for combat patrol. Be turboboosting about, which means they'll still be getting their save, until you drop the stormies, then they'll be engaging you in CC. Two speeders can probably overwhelm your sentinel and if they go for a one two punch of Multi-Melta speeder and Heavy Bolter speeder, the multimelta will obliterate your armor. Even worse is an Assault cannon, which would munch your armor up goooood.
    The only thing capable of taking an Assault Cannon at this points level is a Land Speeder Tornado... which, vs. the plenty of medium and high strength weaponry (maybe switching a Heavy Bolter or two for some Multilasers would be a better idea?), won't be able to do nearly a big enough dent before being shot down. As for the bikes... any army would have trouble with them, and the AV models will have lots of shots to deal with 'em.

All armies have a tactical disadvantage against some other army - that infantry army described above would be toast vs. lots of high-shot weapons, just like this army would be toast vs. lots of anti-tank weapons. The advantage here, of course, is that most Combat Patrol lists focus on anti-infantry and have little in the ways to take out even one AV model, much less three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't disagree, however I find it useful to consider oppoenents that your army would have trouble against. These are the armies where tactics will play a considerable role and knowing how you would do against these armies lets your mind mull over situations where you might make small refining changes to better your army. *shrug*

+ Reply to Thread