IG list with Creatures - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    dfg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG list with Creatures

Doctines
    Light Infantry, Cameleoline, Veterns.
    Command Squad Heroic Senior Officer (1)Guardsmen (4)
    Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs,
    2 Plasma Guns, Light Infantry; Cameleoline, Frag Grenades, 2 Hunting Beasts--Aglie, Alert, Vicious
    155 Pnts

Hardened Veteran Squad Veterans (9)
    Sergeant Stormbolter,
    6 Shotguns, Meltagun, Light Infantry; Cameleoline, Frag Grenades, 2 Sniper rifles
    140 Pnts

2xFire Support Squad
    6xHeavy BoltersCameleoline
    180 Pnts

Command Squad Junior Officer (1)Guardsmen (4)
    Stormbolter, Carapace armour,
    1 Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter, Light Infantry; Cameleoline
    90 Pnts

Infantry Squad Guardsmen (9)Vet. Sergeant (1)
    Shotgun (Sergeant)
    Flamer, Plasma Gun, Light Infantry; Cameleoline
    102 Pnts

Flamer, Plasma gun, Light Infantry; Cameleoline
    102 Pnts

RemnantsSquad Guardsmen (4)Sergeant (1)
    Shotgun (Sergeant)
    Flamer, Light Infantry; Cameleoline

HQ Choice Sentinel Squadron
    Sentinels (2)
    2 Lascannons

Command Squad Junior Officer (1)Guardsmen (4)
    Stormbolter, Carapace armour,
    2 Plasma Guns, Light Infantry; Cameleoline
    90 Pnts

Shotgun (Sergeant)
    92 Pnts

Infantry SquadGuardsmen (9)Vet. Sergeant (1)
    Shotgun (Sergeant)
    92 Pnts

Remnants Squad Guardsmen (4)Sergeant (1)
    Shotgun (Sergeant)
    56 Pnts

2 Carnosaurs

I think its ok, But I might need some Plasma guns for the infantry squads.........This is only The 1500 Pnts List, so i'll post my 2000 Pnts list after this own is good...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the heck is a carnosaur?
    "When one man dies it is a tragedy. When thousands die its a statistic."
    -Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Carnosaur is a creature from Lizardmen in FB.
    Ask me something about Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Ok um well where are the beasts from you should really say how you are getting them into the army and if the above (lizardman bit) is true then you cant use them accept if your opponent agrees i spose but itd be a complete longshot. As far as the rest of the army goes it needs looking at quite badly.

To start off with drop the random carapace wherever it was on its own itll be almost useless.
    The hunting beasts again need to be explained.
    Your hardend veteran squad is illegal they cant have sniper rifles at all ever not in a million years. As far as the rest of the squad goes its near exact what i use except i go for a power sword on the sarge also if you have a melta perhaps move the melta bombs here. This as a squad is very fragile though so be careful with it and its assault value is as a decoy so keep it cheap.
    Apart from the carapace your command squads seem fine. Your line squads however arent very good at all. take close order drill as youll be in cover because of the camo and then the vet sarges dont become a point sink. it also means that you will have some sort of leadership. Your squads have two assault weapons this is illegal so drop one of them. You also lack heavy weapons in your line squads there is no excuse to not have them, trust my ive tried but it doesnt work unless they are remnants (which obs cant have them). drop the sarge shotgun on all but the remnants its useless when you can have a lasrifle. If you are thinking of ever assaulting then dontas you havnt taken any assault doctrines. flamers seem fun till you get massacred the only use ive found for them is a tooled out command squad with 4 and then that is risky anyway (and useless against marines)
    With some of your line squads give up their light infantry it will save points and as you will want some sort of firebase it wont matter too much.

Basically get rid of the monsters nice idea but they dont fit at all and if they are completely made up then you will have a hard time (they hate my VDR vehicles that arent even overpowered!!)
    get rid of all illegal stuff, flamers are only for remnants and command squads.
    Also split up the sentinels into two slots otherwise if one dies they both do.

sorry but your nice idea isnt that great.

A
    Last edited by Commisarlestat; August 25th, 2006 at 01:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One, you don't need the Veterans doctrine to use H. Veterans, they just remove the 1 squad limit.

Two, you can have sniper rifles because of the Light Infantry doctrine, but you can only have one since it is counted as a heavy weapon. Perhaps add a Chimera to make sure they reach the tanks fast.

Lose the carapace armour, but duck your troops into cover as soon as you can to benefit from the cameoline.

To make things cheaper, don't take a heroic senior officer. Use a Junior officer with Honoriifica Imperialis, it's cheaper. Do the maths.

Use your doctrine points to the max. I find Sharpshooters a very useful doctrine.

Agreed on the Carnosaur, ensure that your opponnent is willing to let you use fierce reptiles since they are pretty fierce. I'm assuming that your opponent agreed, since this is a specialized list. In this case, make sure your anti-tank is enough. Infantry with meltabombs would have to run out of cover to assault the tank with meltabombs, and you can't just rely on the sentinels for two shots of anti tank fire. They're pretty fragile, so watch it. Maybe get an anti-tank support squad with lascannons and sharpshooters. Make your opponent sweat.

If you're going to be hiding in cover, flamers aren't going to help against firepower oponnents like Tau or Chaos. They can simply use markerlight drones or some other funky thing to keep the shots going in, you can't expect them to assault you. They know you want them to hit you while you strike first. Change the flamers to something like plasma or grenade launchers to keep shooting. Sharpshooters help a lot.

Personally I don't prefet heavy weapons with Guardsmen squads, since it restricts movement a lot. Granted it's cheaper, but having to wait one turn to fire? Time is of an essense to the Imperial Guard.

I'll might want to add that using Close Order Drills in cover is a bit of a waste IMO, since you already benefit from first strike, and all its other benefit does is to increase leadership by 1. What one can do is to have a master-vox in the heroic command squad and equip everyone with a vox. If you want to save points and feel lucky, use just a simple vox in the command squad. Granted its more expensive than the Close Order Drill, but it also reduces the risk of being blown by frags or flamers. Might I add flamers ignore cover saves?

Note: The beasts come from the Chapter Approved : Creature Feature.
    Last edited by RJCRaven; August 27th, 2006 at 17:43.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

just to clear it up any squad that isnt in an INFANTRY PLATOON (and this doesnt even include their command squads) can take a sniper rifle. unless it is ratlings or special weapons squads you cannot get them for vets at all. Please read the doctrines again.
    Also close order drill is free in cover you are generally forced into close order anyway so why not take it? Also on the first round you might hit at the same time but with close order you hit at the same time ALL of the time. As it is free there is no excuse not to take it.
    I found the beasts when looking for something else but they havnt been designated as fast attack heavy support etc therefore they need to be put into one of those categories to be used. He hasnt done this yet.
    And why are you moving your whole army? heavy weapons not in squads get massacared very quickly against a decent opponent and you are going to be needing at least half your list static if you are infantry. unless you want to lose. the only excuse to leave heavy weapons out of every squad is a guard assault list which never works as it has no heavy weapon support. or a mech list where the chimeras act as the heavy weapons.

Sorry if my post seems a bit confused im a bit tired lol.

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, apologies for the sniper thing, overlooked that, I thought it refered to Guard Infantry...

Ok I don't have much time so I'll keep this short. Granted Close Order provides an great intiaitve boost, but how long can the guardsmen actually survive in combat against say, Lictors, Raptors, Ravenors or even the Giant Reptiles? That's why I was a bit skeptical about it. They won't make it back to fight a second time.

In such a case, it is essential to keep the Infantry moving, move back and keep firing at approaching melee. Heavy Weapons are just going to slow you down. Unless you're extremely confident of being able to shoot them down before they reach you... The idea of the Heavy Weapon Squad is to keep it secluded by the way... most of the weapons can easily shoot at apporaching enemies while being covered by the troops. (shortest of which is 36")

I found the beasts when looking for something else but they havnt been designated as fast attack heavy support etc therefore they need to be put into one of those categories to be used. He hasnt done this yet.
    Then again he didn't put the rest in either... :shifty: The carnosaurs are designated to be Heavy Support, and I think the Hunting Beasts are attached to squads. Not too sure about that last bit.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

hadnt noticed the lack of designations probs cos i know them so well! dont worry bout the sniper thing i put them in platoon HQ's first off even bought and painted the models before realising! as for staying in combat against lictors etc. well lictors is pretty damn easy three attacks can only kill a max of three men a turn. you can also hurt it back Ive held them off with special weapon sniper squads.. Also why not take it if you have a spare slot its free. you get a bonus for something you are already doing. As for the other creatures. well those carnosaurs and anyhting big generally has 5 attacks or less on the charge unless very tooled up. thats only half your squad and with iron discipline you rarely run away. try charging a rampaging dreadnought with a full squad itll take it 5 turns to kill them all without help. means its as good as taken out of the game. This is why its so important to have good leadership.
    Something about the pulling back tactic. its useless. if you move all of those lasrifles cant hit unless you are within 12" then they get the charge anyway and you will be out of cover. The two best tactics are to either charge them and you get the extra attacks instead of them. if you do this with one squad the sacrifice will be worth it with 2 squads the sheer weight can even win it for you. the other options is stand still rapid fire stay in cover and in close order you then attack at the same time at worst (unless very special combat troops then nothing you can do helps the situation). This way heavy weapons in squads are effective and also they are so much cheaper (accept lascans obviously) and are also safer.
    Hope this explains some of my reasoning

A

+ Reply to Thread