First tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

First tournament list

So far this is what I have.

HQ
    GM with Grimoire of true names,Sacred incense + 3 Termies one with a psycannon 328 pts.

Troops
    PAGK Justicar+4 with 2 psycannons 200 pts.
    ISTX8 with 2 plasma guns chimera multi-laser/HB 185 pts.

Heavy Support
    GK Dreadnought with TLLC/ML,extra armour, 145 pts.

Fast Attack
    PAGK Justicat+8 250 pts.
    PAGK Justicat+7 225 pts.

Total 1333 pts

I have 167 points left. Not sure on what to take. Most of the time I take an inquisitor and retinue of 1 or 2 HB and a PC. As I understand it we will not be playing with WYSIWYG.

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Not too bad. I would downgrade your GM to a simple BC, though, to conserve points for other things. I'd consider no more than sacred incense and a psycannon for wargear upgrades on him, though.

No doubt a shooty inquisitor retinue would be worth it. But I think that, overall, you'd benefit from having a second dreadnought more. You already have a decent amount of shooting in this list, but are rather light on heavy weaponry. So I'd take that dread, and if you still have points left over after trying to fill out your FAGK squads to full size, an inquisitor with a psycannon would be handy sitting with the shooty PAGK squad.

Lastly, extra armor and smoke are a must on your chimera.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Here is an up date.

HQ
    BC with Grimoire of true names,Sacred incense + 4 Termies one with a psycannon 290 pts.

Troops
    ISTX8 with 2 plasma guns chimera multi-laser/HB 185 pts.

Elite
    Inquisitor with power armour,psycannon 60 pts.
    2 HB servitior 1 Plasma Cannon servitior 95 pts.

Heavy Support

Fast Attack
    PAGK Justicat+8 250 pts.
    PAGK Justicat+7 225 pts.

Total 1430 pts.

With 70 points left over I could take an OS. Or if I finish painting my two PAGK I could add them to the FAGK. That would make them 9/8 in each.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second that - another dread and filling out those fast attack squads.

However, if you think you have enough anti-tank (ha, ha, ha), but seriously, if you think/know your opponents will be light on vehicles, consider an Inq with psycannon and an eversor assassin. If you go this route, also consider switching out the plasmaguns on the IST for meltaguns.

Another option to consider is giving your deepstriking justicars meltabombs.

edit - for the revised list -

sages and a mystic for the inq + ret if they fit... free shots at demons coming out of the warp = good and so does rerolling that gets hot on the plasmacannon.

I'd go with the two more FAGK, and meltabombs, and maybe auspexes for infiltrators or something. (on the shooty squads, not the FAGK squads)
    Last edited by Miril; August 24th, 2006 at 18:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I like the ne list better.

I might:

1> Keep the =][=, but have him set behind the first PAGK squad as an Independant Character. Drop his retinue. He can be a nice add on to that Psycannon squad, and cannot be targeted.

2> Take another dread, either AC/CCW or another TLLC/ML variant.

3> Any saved over points, take more FAGK to max out these squads.

You've got the right idea over all though and since you are playing Chaos, the Sacred Incense is a mist, and Grimoire is not a bad idea.

Cheers!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I also like the new list better,

Elite
    I would however consider adding two sages for this unit. The increased ballistic skill and chance of NOT blowing up your PC servitor is always handy.

Also, unless its absolutely necesary i wouldnt play with quite the amount of terminators you have. Just 2 as a retinue in such a small game would be quite sufficent.

Another dread is almost a must.
    If you are playing chaos then the AV 13 of defilers and chaos dreads will be a pain.....either that or add melta bombs to the FAGK justicars.

I agree with the others that you should fill the FAGK squads up, as they are the bodies most likely to get into combat and could use the extra attacks and wounds.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

If I had another dread I would field it. I think it would be cool to field two just to see what it would be like. Another question what do you all use to repersent all of the henchmen for your Inquisitors?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior
    If I had another dread I would field it. I think it would be cool to field two just to see what it would be like.
    Only have one dread? Well, that's unfortunate.
    Job #1: Earn money to afford another dread!
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior
    Another question what do you all use to repersent all of the henchmen for your Inquisitors?
    I'm only interested in the shooty retinue, and I wanted exactly 1 plasma cannon servitor, 2 heavy bolter servitors, 2 sages, and 1 mystic. (99.9% of the time, I make the unit an Elite unit, so no reason to worry about a larger retinue.) All these guys can be found in various box sets and blisters, but rather than spend more money than I had to, I just special ordered the models as bitz from the online store. Sages and mystics are super easy. Almost any model can work for these guys. Models from the WHFB and Mordheim ranges can be particularly fun for them.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Depending on what I can have for my birthday I might be able to get a new dread. I know a store that sells every 40K item for 25% off. That means I could get a LRC for $52.16:w00t:

I will have to break down and do like you saud number6 special order the rest of an inquisitor retinue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Here is an up date.

HQ
    BC with Grimoire of true names,Sacred incense + 4 Termies one with a psycannon 290 pts.

Troops
    ISTX8 with 2 plasma guns chimera multi-laser/HB, 185 pts.

Elite

Heavy Support

Fast Attack
    PAGK Justicat+9 275 pts.
    PAGK Justicat+8 250 pts.

Total 1500 pts.

The only way to get more points is to drop a HB servitior. That way I could give units melta bombs and frag gernades, and an auspex for the inquisitor.

+ Reply to Thread