500 Points of Pwnage - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 Points of Pwnage

HQ

Captain: Jump Pack, Powerweapon, Stormbolter- 100

Elites

Dreadnought: Venerable, Extra Armor- 130

Troops

Scouts x5: 4 Bolters, 1 Heavy Bolter- 70
    Scouts x5: 4 Bolters, 1 Heavy Bolter- 70

Fast Attack

Land Speeder: Multi-melta- 65
    Land Speeder: Multi-melta- 65

Total: 500

Ok, so the general plan here is the Scouts infiltrate and lay down some fire support and anti-personnel power. The V. Dreadnought lends a hand with the Assault cannon and Storm bolter. The Captain flies around and offers support where needed. And last but not least, the land speeders either deep strike or just zoom down the flanks to bust what tanks there may be. What do you all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd swap the Storm bolter on the Captain for either a plasma pistol or just a bolt pistol. Other than that, its not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visiting IG player here... Thinking of playing Space Marines in the future. However, I'd be wary of using this list against a standard IG list. My usual five hundred point list would eat this one for breakfast. I know you didn't really design this against any one in particular, but Orks, 'Nids... Anyone with a fair number of units will give your army some trouble. Scouts are the only thing that are decidedly anti-horde and they're alot more fragile than your average marine (4+ and 3+ are whole different worlds. xD) and after your Speeders chew up any armor your opponent brought to the field, the only thing they have left is to pop one ork/guardsman/gaunt a turn. Not exactly useful.

I wouldn't know what to tell you to take instead... Just mentioning that this army seems a little light on the anti-horde/infantry department. Yeah the scouts would work well, and the Dread could chomp something up, but against a shooty IG army, for example, they'll be sitting there blasting at your Dread with all their heavy weapons while your speeders are incapable of doing significant damage. And the Captain on his own would fall prey to massed attacks.

Just some food for thought. ^^;;

+ Reply to Thread