1000pt deathwing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt deathwing

hey all i was wondering if you can help me out with my death wing army

Hq
    Master of Sancity Hero
    stubborn
    armour
    storm bolter

Command squad 5
    stubborn
    2 assault cannons
    1 chainfist

Troops
    termie squad 5
    stubborn
    2 assault cannons
    1 chaifist
    270pt

termie squad 5
    stubborn
    2 cyclones
    1 chaifist
    tank hunter

so what do you think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sixteen termis in 1000 points? Could be pretty scary. My concern for you though would be a dedicated closecombat army... Particularly one like Orks or Khornate Chaos, where your fancy 2+ saves are getting dropped to 4+ (or does Deathwing have something to counter that? Not up on my Dark Angels rules).

An assault heavy Space Marine army would be scary as well. An Assault squad led by a chaplin with a sarge with a hidden powerfist would probably be pretty scary, since they're all going to be attacking before you do except for the Sarge.

A long range army would be trouble too. With all your Termis needing to slog across the field (I think?) you're going to end up under a hail of pretty nasty fire for a while before your guns can get in range (save for the Cyclones, everything else has a range of 24", right?)

My suggestions then would try to bring something to the table that will let you get closer to the long range armies and something to help against the closecombat armies. A Dread might make the difference or maybe even a Land Raider. Most armies aren't going to have a whole heckuva lot to pop Armor 14 at 1000 points, but it's a gamble.

I forget if a Deathwing army can do drop pods or not but drop podding a Dread into the midst of an army would be a good cover for your Termis to march across the field. Similarly, a Dread kitted out for ranged nastiness could provide a useful centerpiece to your firebase. A Land Raider would probably be a bit expensive, but nothing like rumbling a Hero and his retinue across the field and dumping them into the midst of the enemy. 1000 points isn't the best place for a Deathwing army, since you're going to be woefully out numbered moreso than a larger point game would be.

Anyway, take this with a grain of salt. I'm not a space marine player. ^^;; Just giving you thoughts from the otherside of the objective. xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

1K Deathwing is a tough one but I think what you have come up with is OK.

The TLLLC/ML dread is an option for long ranged firepower, the problem is squeezing him in. You could drop the command squad to pay for the dread, then beef up your troop squads to 6 guys each to keep them point scoring for longer. It's a tough call.

Although Tank Hunters is nice it is a bit of a luxury in an army this small (unless you were just trying to get red of a few points).

Don't think I'd recommend Deep striking this force – too risky. The Land Raider has some merit – it certainly WOULDN"T be expected – but again risky.

BTW Here is a 1k list all assault cannon:

Hq - Reclusiarch (Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter) = 115
    Command Squad (x5, 2 Assault Cannons) = 265

Troop - Terminator Squad (x6, 2 Assault Cannons) = 310

Troop - Terminator Squad (x6, 2 Assault Cannons) = 310

Hope my ramblings helped.
    cheers
    Z
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude I made a list very close you yours not to long ago. The only diffrence is that I have a Captan insted of a Master. And he has Bionics and cost 130.

My squads all have tankhunters insted of chainfist. And all of them has Ass. cannons. And other than that my list is the same as yours.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by hero
    hey all i was wondering if you can help me out with my death wing army

Hq
    Master of Sancity Hero
    stubborn
    armour
    storm bolter
    MOS? I would rather take a captain, you mostly are not going to be charging anyway, in 1K points I take a captain with a power weapon and storm bolter, does the job
    Command squad 5
    stubborn
    2 assault cannons
    1 chainfist

Troops
    termie squad 5
    stubborn
    2 assault cannons
    1 chaifist
    270pt

termie squad 5
    stubborn
    2 cyclones
    1 chaifist
    tank hunter

so what do you think
    OK problem is this, you are paying 295 points for 2 cyclones and it is costing you 2ACs,
    for 1000 points my list tend to look like:

Captain, stubborn, termie armour, SB PW
    Command squad (sgt+3) 1x cylcone or 1xAC
    2x 5 man squads with 2xACs
    1xdread with TLLC and ML

The basic difference between your list and mine is that I have switched the chappy for a captain, added a dread and moved one fo the MLs on to the dread and thereby added TLLC, I also dont have the chainfists in there
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread