I'm very annoyed with MY ARMY - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very annoyed with MY ARMY

[DELETED BY MODS]

Next time, please don't post individual points costs. I'd edit them out, but I've done that one too many times and frankly, I'm getting bored.

When you're writing a list to post here, use a format similar to the following:

TROOPS

Tactical Squad
    - 3 Marines with bolters
    - 1 with plasma gun
    - 1 with lascannon
    Pts: 100

See how I didn't show the points cost of the lascannon or plasma? And how I didn't post how many points a Marine with a bolter costs? That's the format you'll have to follow if you want to post lists here.

Thanks - Firedrake28

Last edited by Katie Drake; September 1st, 2006 at 19:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

First, this is in the wrong section.

Second, I would drop the Lascannon. I doubt you see to much armor in a 500 point game. replace it with another Heavy Bolter if you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Run! <E!_Mance> will destroy you! I agree with the above point about the lascannon. If you're worried about armor (and it will probably be light armor in a patrol) I suggest the plasma gun or melta, either of which will be more than capable of taking care of armor you might encounter. A plasmagun might also give the edge against other marine armies. Also, if I understand the combat rules correctly (I"m pretty new myself) I'd nix the PowerFist on the HQ. Since HQs are considered separate characters for the purposes of close-combat, going at initiative 1 seems a good way to get yourself killed.

OSUMacbeth

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Sorry bro, and I don't mean to be hard on you, but you are not supposed to list the cost of individual items in your list, like you did with your lascannon and heavy bolter. It is ok to list the overall price but not the price of individual gear. Another thing is there is a forum listed above called army list. It is for getting your list evaluated. Post there next time. For now, edit your post so you are not giving specific points, and don't sweat it! Many new people make the same mistakes...I know I did !!!

Ok, I agree, drop the lascannon. After doing that you can add 3 more marines...but I am not sure if that is the problem. It could be y our tactics or almost anything. What is the problem?are you getting wiped out in CC? If so, upgrade one Sgt to veteran by giving him terminator honors, then give him a bolt pistol and power fist (often called bp/pf).

If you have not read Chaosbrynn's tactica articles above, I recommend them HIGHLY!!

Maybe give some examples of what is happening to your army...
    Last edited by 4theEmperor!; September 1st, 2006 at 18:18.
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin
    Firstly, this is the wrong section
    Heheheh,
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUMacbeth
    Run! <E!_Mance> will destroy you!
    *"Night on Bald Mountain" plays*
    Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor
    you are not supposed to list the cost of individual items in your list
    Too right.
    Quote Originally Posted by your post count
    Because of the last quote, you will be spared, but!
    Not only did you ignore the big friendly "Army list" button (why Macbeth said what he said), you also listed individual prices, which is a big no-no.
    No 'stop posting' pic for you, becuase you're new.:yes:
    Just try to put things in the right place.

But why not remove the Lascannon and replace it with a Meltagun? Same role but mobile.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry

I didn't mean to I'll take Sijin's,OSU Macbeth's,4the empeor's advice, also post in the right areas:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

I don't know the stats on your Inquisitor up there, but there are some rules about taking characters in combat patrols (no 2+ save, no 3 wound, etc.) and in regular games (___fill-in-the-blank___ character can only be taken in a ___fill-in-the-blank___ army of at least x points) that might him illegal in this setting.

In addition to that, from personal experience, I've found that high powered HQs usually do surprisingly bad in combat patrol because the things that make them so survivable (Iron Halos, invulnerable saves, some sort of support squad) either are illegal in combat patrol or end up being too expensive. You're also either going to face two or three big squads or a bunch of little squads in most combat patrol lists. Charging your HQ alone into a big squad probably won't work out for you even with space marine armor, and having to go get a bunch of little squads requires a jump pack (still more points on an already expensive HQ) and cover (which can be sparse in combat patrol games).

In any case, I'd lose that inquisitor. Use the points on a Land Speeder Tornado with the tried and true AC and HB configuration. As others have said, a lascannon is probably a bit much for combat patrol as you won't see any armor over 33. A missle launcher would do fine.

I'm too lazy to dig it up right now, but my most successful combat patrol list had a small scout squad with a ML, a couple of small tac squads with plasmaguns, and a LST. It did much better than the list I used in a local tourney that had a librarian in it.
    Last edited by DEADMARSH; September 1st, 2006 at 18:16.
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

Senior Member blood_angelmarine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took to the liberty of deleting the point values on the units for my input.

Space marine squad valourius+ 8 bolters 1 heavy bolter 1 sergeant with bp + ccw
    Seems like a good combo, except I would give your seargent and power weapon just becuase its alot better in Close Combat and is fairly cheap.

Space marine squad Gaius+7 bolters 1 las cannon 1 sergeant with bp + ccw
    Same thing with this squad. Give the seargent a power weapon, and ditch the Lascannon for another Heavy Bolter.

Inquisitor hoth+ bolter/needle pistol, power fist,psycannon bolts, psychic powers sanctuary,retinue=x2 familiars Exorsist, Acoytle jebidiah+ plasma pistol
    Never seen an SM player use an Inquistor in a Combat Patrol but it looks like it could do some serious damage. I'd like to hear how this unit performs tomorrow.

Edit
    Make sure that your inquisitor abides by Combat Patrol Rules and doesn't violate any of them as stated on page 182 of the Warhammer 40000 Rule Book.
    Last edited by blood_angelmarine; September 1st, 2006 at 20:20.

W-1 L-0 D-0

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by blood_angelmarine
    I took to the liberty of deleting the point values on the units for my input.
    Perfect. Thanks muchly.

Thread moved.

+ Reply to Thread