DH allied with IG 1500 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DH allied with IG 1500 points

Greetings all. I am new to tabletop 40K, but have bought some of the codexes and am thinking about fielding the following army. Any feedback, suggestions, comments, etc. are very welcome. Thanks for taking a look and responding!!!!

*I have considered dropping the master vox and voxes to save me 65 points to max out the Fast Attack GK squad to Justicar and 9 GK's. What do ya think?

I posted this in IG army list forum first, but wanted to get feedback from you DH and GK freaks out there too. Thanks!!!

1500 point army (added up it comes to exactly 1499)

Doctrines:
    Iron Discipline
    Drop Troops

HQ
    IG Hero Senior Officer Command Squad
    Iron Discipline
    Master Vox

GK GrandMaster and 4 GK Terminator Retinue (Deep Strike)

Fast Attack

GK Fast Attack Squad (Deep Strike)
    GK Justiciar and 7 GK Marines

Troops

Alpha Platoon (Drop Troops)
    Junior Officer Command (Junior officer laspistol and ccw) ,Missile Launcher
    Squad 1 Lascannon, vox
    Squad 2 Autocannon, vox
    Squad 3 Autocannon, vox

Bravo Platoon (Drop Troops)
    Junior Officer Command (Junier officer laspistol and ccw and Missile Launcher
    Squad 1 Autocannon vox
    Squad 2 Lascannon vox

Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Battle Cannon
    Turret Heavy Bolters
    Pair of Heavy Bolters
    Extra Armor

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    Battle Cannon
    Turret Heavy Bolters
    Pair of Heavy Bolters
    Extra Armor

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, I'm going to assume that IG is the parent list, otherwise half of this stuff would be illegal.

If you can, take 3 more doctrines. (you can have up to 5)

It looks like you need a lot more lascannons, 2 isn't going to cut it by any stretch of the imagination, especialy with the guardsmen's inclination to not hit stuff. I would drop one leman russ and get another squad with a Lascannon attached to first platoon. Then replace an Autocannon in platoon 2 with a lascannon, then give the command squads lascannons. I personaly would replace any remaining autocannons with heavy bolters because by my experience, they work a lot better than autocannons, but it's your choice. If you have any more points left over, fill out the FAGK squad and give the remaining russ improved comms to make the GK's drops more reliable. It's your decision, but if you go with the one leman russ, I would actually make that a basilisk. If that's your only vehicle, it's going to draw a lot of flak and the basilisk's ability to hide behind cover while still shooting effectively makes all of your opponent's anti-tank weapons useless as they can only kill cheap guardsmen.:shifty:

Good Luck
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

I would *reaaally* suggest not taking that Grand Master in a game this size. I mean, in a pure-DH list I wouldn't take one until about 2000pts. In this list, you've got him plus *another* HQ! If you really want GK Terminators, use a Brother-Captain instead until you increase your list's size. But honestly, I'd just take more regular GK.

I'd also like to see that FAGK squad maxed out, just for survivability.

If your Troops have the Drop doctrine, and the GK all Deepstrike, you'll be starting the game with two (lightly armored) tanks and a Command squad on the table. Needless to say, this is dangerous - it'll let your enemy concentrate on dropping those, and then taking out the incoming units piecemeal as they arrive.

+ Reply to Thread