New to Blood Angels.. Need some feedback. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

New to Blood Angels.. Need some feedback.

Ive been playing Death Guard for a while, and lately Ive been feeling like playing a loyalist army. The Blood Angels have always been a favorite Astartes chapter of mine, so I think Im finally gonna start a BA army up. Any help anyone is willing to give me would be much appreciated.

HQ
    Chaplain - Jump pack, Master Crafted Lightening Claws, Iron Halo
    = 270pts.

Troops
    2 BA Tactical Squads - 9 BA + Meltagun
    Sergeant - Term. Honors, PF
    = 380pts.

Heavy Support
    Baal Predator - HB Sponsons
    = 120pts.
    Devastator Squad - 3 Missile Launchers, 1 Lascannon
    = 170pts.
    Dreadnought - TL Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Venerable
    = 155pts.

Elites
    5 Man Terminator Assault Squad
    = 200pts.
    5 Man BA Veteran Squad - 2 Meltaguns
    =160pts.

TOTAL = 1455pts.

Im trying to get to around 1500 points, so if you have any ideas of something that I could add to get myself a few more points, that would be awesome as well. Thanks.

Last edited by BigPappaNurgle; September 2nd, 2006 at 06:14.
    Current Wood Elf Tourney List: 3/1/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

BA rock my face off...

Blood Angels will always have a soft place in my heart. They are fun, and you'll LOVE the death company! :yes: Great fluff-wise AND in the game. You can't ask for more!

Something that caught my eye right away is your chappy. He seems cool, but I would hate to waste the free power weapon that the crozius supplies him with. He will rock with the lightning claws, but its real expensive. It just depends if you are willing to pay for it. If you are, rock on.

I am confused. Why does he have an iron halo when he already has a rosarius? That's points that you are definitely wasting, unless I missed something. :wacko: It is known to happen. Lol.

To get yourself a few more points, drop the lascannon in the devastator squad and take a 4th missile launcher. Much cheaper. Miniscule difference. More adaptable. Just a suggestion. Take it as such.

I'll leave more specific advice to my more experienced brethren. :w00t: Have fun! Cheers.

-Cap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Sorry, I didnt know the Chappy already gets a rosarius. Like I said, Im new to the loyalist side. Anywho, thanks for the comment.
    Current Wood Elf Tourney List: 3/1/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I'd avoid Devastator squads with Blood Angels - if they Rage you can't fire their Heavy Weapons that turn. I'd stick with dreads and tanks for your heavy weapons or maybe a lascannon in your tac squads if you feel its necessary!

Scout squads with vet sergeants are a good way to get power weapons into your Death Company on the cheap plus infiltrating close combat scouts can tie up the enemy until the assault squads arrive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Termies have a downside in BA armies- there is a good chance that you will lose one of these expensive models into your death company. When a basic marine or scout enters the death company (especially with a jump pack on the chappy), it's like getting extra points out of the trade. When a termie goes into DC, it sucks. I'm not saying don't put termies in a BA army, just something for you to consider, esp. in tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPappaNurgle View Post
    Sorry, I didnt know the Chappy already gets a rosarius. Like I said, Im new to the loyalist side. Anywho, thanks for the comment.
    That's what forums are for! Bouncing army lists off of other players is a great way of making sure everything makes sense. Sometimes I forget that chappies get the rosarius, too. :wacko: The most important thing is to have fun.
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x3)

Alright some constructive criticism:

HQ
    Chaplain - Jump pack, Master Crafted Lightening Claws, Iron Halo
    = 270pts.
    Master crafted lightning claws, while it does seem good to reroll, but the fat points you are putting on this baby, oh man. MAke sure it is the two wounded chaplain, you don't exactly need three for this size of game. Take out iron halo + l. claws, go croz and bpistol and add terminator honors, simple, cheap and effective unit, he has the death company to back him up.

Troops
    2 BA Tactical Squads - 9 BA + Meltagun
    Sergeant - Term. Honors, PF
    = 380pts.
    These are not bad at all, though I tend to go 8 man instead, and go more for long ranged weaponry first, then special weapons if i have extra points thats my preference. The way I play is, first gun the enemy down, to soften them up, then assault to clean them up and hard.

Heavy Support
    Baal Predator - HB Sponsons
    = 120pts.
    Devastator Squad - 3 Missile Launchers, 1 Lascannon
    = 170pts.
    Dreadnought - TL Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Venerable
    = 155pts.
    I'd avoid Devastator squads with Blood Angels - if they Rage you can't fire their Heavy Weapons that turn. I'd stick with dreads and tanks for your heavy weapons or maybe a lascannon in your tac squads if you feel its necessary!

This is a wrong concept that some starting or BA rumors happen to circulate around. The thought of devastators being a bad squad. There is a 1 in six chance of you not shooting. Even so, they pack great firepower, AND you have more bodies meaning you will not give up as much victory points versus the vehicle, which can die in one shot = all your vp is given up.

Elites
    5 Man Terminator Assault Squad
    = 200pts.
    5 Man BA Veteran Squad - 2 Meltaguns
    =160pts.
    This whole selection needs to go.

1. Terminators are not a great choice for Blood Angels due to the chance of losing a terminator to the death company. And terminators are hard to get in range, and it takes too much points, honestly. Scrap them.

2. BA vets, there is no real use - minimized squads, melta guns, all extra points. Take them off, rather have another tactical squad to provide more manpower and numbers.

My suggestions:

Buff down your chaplain.

1-2 Assault Marine Squads (around 7-8 man each). These are very very nice for blood angels.

Scrap your elites.

Add another marine squad or two. Scouts also are great, they punch as hard as marines, they just have 4+ saves.

And just take a look at other comments I made.

+ Reply to Thread