Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
hey as a start to my sisters of battle army i have written up a combat patrol list.
8 sisters of battle
flamer x 2
8 sisters of battle
storm bolter x 2
so what do you think
2nd squad - drop SB and take Meltas - as it is you have nothing to pop armor and SB inside a Rhino are not any better than just Bolters - what's the point? You buy them for squads that move on foot (due to their 2 shots at 24' after moving 6').
Also - your Palatine is a single model outside your two Rhinos - if not in cover, she will get dropped before she can walk anywhere, and you might not be always able to have her on the safe side of the Rhino...
I am not sure if you have to have 2 Troop choices for your scenario, but if not, I would make one squad into Celestians, give them flamers and join Palatine. Load them into the Rhino.
Another squad can be regular Sisters with Meltas in the second Rhino. This way the Celestians can flame and charge, or receive a charge (these are your most cost-effective CC troops) while another Rhino goes after enemy armor or heavy infantry (hence the Meltaguns).
Don't forget that you have to make your Sister Superiors into Veteran Sister Superiors to give them Plasmas. If you do so, do not forget to give them basic CCW too - that's another CC attack for very little points!
pP.S. Not sure how much WH experience you have - I did not want to come through as an a$$ with all these reminders
it's all good actualy i am complettly new to them and at the moment have 10 sisters and a rhino
1. palatine was going to join a sister squad
2. i was useing the strom bolters because the box set comes with them
3. aren't plasma pistols enough
4 sorry but i forgot to include the vet upgrade
5 would it be better to have a strom bolter and flamer in each squad
1. Very good!
2. I understand, but sooner or later (probably sooner) you will want to get Melta Guns...
3. Plasmas are nice, yes, but having a pistol and CCW gives you 1 extra attack in close combat. That is always something that you want to do. If you will look in the codex at how little a CCW costs I am sure that you will take one Also, in the future you will probably convert some VSS models to get different gear on them. Bolter-Flamer, Bolter-Melta, Eviscerator or Brazier of Holy Fire are the favorites!
4. Yes - just making sure :shifty:
5. By mixing weapons you are good all-around, but not a master of anything. Really, if you go Rhino-mounted, spend the points on Meltas. If you have no models with special weapons yet, ask your players if you can proxy - I am sure they have been there before and will let you do it...
al right thanx a lot and yes i will get meltas for my next squad but for now i really just wana play
also for 1 thousand points is 2 exorcist and a retributor squad to much heavy support
hey, I'm pretty sure that sister squads are 10+. If your playing combat patrol you only need 1 troops and no hq! (I'm assuming your playing combat patrol because of the points limit)
Yes, they are 9 + Sister Superior so 10 is a minimum.
With the Palatine, they will be over Rhino's capacity...
Nope, not too much. Actually, this is the usual setup for many people...Originally Posted by hero
okay thanx and and yes i just noticed that so hows this
10 sisters of battle
so hows that
I like the list better now. But I still think that you lack anti-armor guns. I know that with the Combat Patrol rulez you will not see Land Raiders or Predators (armor value over 33) but you have only one plasma pistol that can try to cut a hole in armor up to 12 (try glancing up to 13). So technically you COULD take on a Chimera with that list, but in reality... Maybe:
-drop the power weapon from Palatine and give her Inferno?
-drop the power weapon from Palatine and give her Eviscerator?
-swap flamers for Infernos on your Seraphims?
-give the seraphim veteran sister superior eviscerator or another plasma pistol?
Not sure what would be best for you here. What holds me back on tooling up your Palatine with the Inferno or Eviscerator is that she is still T3 S3 model and because you cannot give her the 2+ armro save she is a lto of points that can instadie quickly... and you only have 3 Faith Points here so not a lot to work with...
I want to almost go back to the original Celestians + Sisters + Palatine + Rhino idea here...
Who will you play against?
Last edited by SmokWawelski; September 5th, 2006 at 19:39.