1500 pt Rough Rider Regiment Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt Rough Rider Regiment Friendly

This is a variation of the previous list I had posted, with the exception that now there're Rough Riders in this.

Doctrines
    Iron Discipline
    Rough Riders
    Carapace Armour (R.Riders)

Force Organisation
    HQ
    Heroic Senior Officer Command Squad (Plasma P. Power W.)
    - 2 Plasma Guns
    - H. Bolter
    - Iron Discipline

Sentinel Support Squadron
    - Lascannon [175]

Troops
    Infantry Platoon

Junior Officer Command Squad (Plasma P. Power W.)
    - 2 Plasma Guns
    - H. Bolter
    - Iron Discipline

- Lascannon

Infantry Squad
    - Plasma Gun
    - H. Bolter

Infantry Squad
    - Plasma Gun
    - Heavy Bolter [305]

Infantry Platoon

Junior Officer Command Squad (Plasma P. Power W.)
    - 2 Plasma Guns
    - H. Bolter
    - Iron Discipline

- Lascannon

Infantry Squad
    - Plasma Gun
    - H. Bolter

Infantry Squad
    - Plasma Gun
    - Heavy Bolter [305]

Fast Attack
    Rough Riders
    - 7 Riders
    - Vet. Sergeant (Power W.)
    - Hunting Lances
    - Meltabombs
    - Carapace Armour [151]

Rough Riders

- 7 Riders
    - Vet. Sergeant (Power W.)
    - Hunting Lances
    - Meltabombs
    - Carapace Armour [151]

Rough Riders
    - 7 Riders
    - Vet. Sergeant (Plasma P. Power W.)
    - 2 Meltaguns
    - Carapace Armour [111]

Heavy Support
    - Demolisher (H. Bolter, P. Cannon) [175]
    - Basilisk (Indirect Fire) [125]

Total points : 1498

Yes, the third Rough Rider Squadron is are shooty riders. After my first two squadrons of Hunting Lances are expended, I want to be able to still charge and bring in 25 attacks.

Last edited by RJCRaven; September 3rd, 2006 at 03:45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

lets start at the top

HQ
    Right while plasma may seem fun frying half your main command isnt. this unit isnt expendable so more than 1 plasma is v dangerous. secondly the unit has a direct fire weapon and more firepower than a lot of your other stuff. itll get shot to pieces in the first shooting phase. cut out all of its stuff and either give it 1 plasma or a mortar. they cost the same points and can both be effective. this means you wont do something stupid like put it in line of sight.

sentinels in squadrons i dont like but i see why. personally i think lascannon sentinels are a waste and this squad will get taken down by five bolters or basically most stuff. id drop the number to one then its cheap and thats how sents should be then id drop it in or be very careful with it.

Troops.
    First off platoon HQ's dont get attatchments so those sentinels have to go. Again the command squads are far too tooled up and without a vox network are essential for morale. so set them up like the main HQ or you could use one as a mobile annoyance unit. take away its heavy bolter stick it in a chimera and drive it forward to make a nuisance of itself.

with the dropped sentinels get far more men id take at least two more squads

Fast Attack
    i see that this is the forces centrepiece. personally id take the meltabombs off of the lance squadrons. this may seem like madness but they have now become your sole antitanbk as most of your sentinels are illegal. put the melta bombs on the third squad and then once youve fired at that tank you will definately be close enough for a charge if youve missed!

Heavy support seems fine to me.

right overall seems like you have some good elements. Id say your leadership is a bit weak especially if you go putting your command squads out in the open with all of those weapons. with what you have to drop and what it would be sensible to drop you can save over 400 points. thatd be a couple of lascannon plasma squads for your platoons to replace those illegal sents. the tweak on the rough riders making them more expendable. (remember they still have laspistols if they survive so a quick run and blast with both of the remnants after combat could hurt something. actully keep the melta bombs on the sarge if hes a vet. (hell probs be the onlty one left) then at least you have some back up. with the other points perhaps consider vets to do what you wanted to do with your command squads. its simply shuffling weapons around really so they arent all bunched together.

looking forward to seeing the revamp.

Hope this helps
    A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright I'll drop the sentinels, but I can't help but feel that if I have just one sentinel, it's going to be very easy to shoot down in the first turn. A walking heavy weapons team is not very friendly, and most opponents tend to aim at it first turn. Granted, I missed the bit about the Sentinels for Junior Officer Command Squads, so I'll drop those. Maybe I'll just have two for that squadron. Autocannons with Hunter-killers, I've been told can be quite effective.

Because I muist mention, those ain't squadrons. If you count the points there's only one Sentinel anyway.

Well, the reason I pump the special weapons for the Command Sqauds it's because I want as much plasma as possible. Those can bring down a horde of termies, oblits that come my way, or at least thin their numbers before my Rough Riders come in. (which I must note might be a bit expensive to be expendable units)

Things that I'll change:

Drop the Sents
    Change the H.Bolters to Autocannons (after a few games I've come to be more comfortable with them)
    Drop the meltabombs for the lance squadrons (but I'll leave it on the sarge)

And I have this wild idea to actually put an Honorifica on a R.Rider Sergeant... better profile, more wounds and more attacks. Grr. I'll think about it.

Meanwhile, keep the feedback coming!

+ Reply to Thread