Probably the best 1500 I've done. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

Probably the best 1500 I've done.

I've rejigged around my standard list, made a few tweaks and come up with this. It's probably the most balanced, powerful army I've got. Tactically suitable for combat any opponent and give them a tough time.

what you think?

The Brothers Brecht 1500-point Strike Force
    Advantage: Honour Your Wargear
    Drawback: Die Standing

HQ

Master Of Sanctity Godebert Brecht – 122 pts
    Crozius Arcanum/Bolt Pistol/Rosarius/Jumppack/Frag Grenades

ELITES

Devastator Squad Aldemund – 204 pts.
    8 Marines: 4 w/ Bolters, 4 w/ Heavy Bolters
    Infiltrate

TROOPS

Tactical Squad Ganelon – 150 pts.
    8 Marines: 4 w/ Bolters, 1 w/ Plasma Cannon, 1 w/ Plasmagun

Tactical Squad Enion – 150 pts.

Tactical Squad Alerot – 150 pts.

FAST ATTACK

Assault Marine Squad Daimbert – 292 pts.
    10 ASM: 1 VS w/ Powerfist/Bolt Pistol/T-Honours, 2 w/ Flamers, 7 w/ Bolt Pistols/CCW
    All with Jumppacks and Frag Grenades
    Furious Charge, Deep Strike

Land Speeder Tornado Sirion – 80 pts.
    Assault Cannon/Heavy Bolter
    Deep Strike

Land Speeder Tornado Torphin – 80 pts.
    Deep Strike

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator Annihilator Redway – 135 pts.
    Twin-linked Lascannon/Side-Sponson Heavy Bolters/Extra Armour

Predator Annihilator Senebaut – 135 pts.

TOTAL – 1498 pts.

Q:ninja:

Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-66 (x0)

you need another trait to get furious assault on the assault marines, and i would turn the tac squad plasma cannons into lascannons. other than that it looks ok.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

That looks like a really good, balanced list. I have just a few comments.

The Elite Dev squad... They are infiltrating all by themselves. They will be the focus of a lot of firepower. I don't think infiltrating a single squad like this is wise. True, an 8 man dev can soak a lot of firepower and still dish it out... but don't count on them lasting very long. They will most likely get assulted very quickly, and your support for them is limited with the medium range of the PC's.

If you were to make them Heavy's (you have a Heavy slot open) and take away thier infiltrate you can then do away with your trait.

As of the new FAQ that GW put out, a landspeeder is considered moving more then 12" the turn it Deep Strikes. So no firing. So Deep Striking them is no longer the best way to deploy them IMO. thier weak armor, in addition to them scattering (possably out of cover) means they are very likely to get popped before they do anything usefull.

I have never used Deep Strike for an Assult Squad, but it makes me very nervous. Too easy for them to scatter and be destroyed, and they are sitting ducks for a turn before they can do anything. With thier 12" movement, I think you are better off moving them from cover to cover...especially since you can use the 2 Preditors as mobile cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DominionWeaponsGroup
    you need another trait to get furious assault on the assault marines, and i would turn the tac squad plasma cannons into lascannons. other than that it looks ok.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but I do however disagree. In a 1500 point game the 2 TL lascannons on the Preditors should be suffcient anti-armor, and the PC's are much better for heavy infintry, and no weapon beats a PC for all around coolness.

If you typically find yourself facing armys that have a lot of armor at the 1500 point level, I would maybe switch out 1 for a Lascannon... but leave the others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give the dev squad unit auspexs. I think that you can do it for 8 points (one point per guy) or you can just make the srgt a vet and give him auspex.

This will be great since most people have an infultrating unit that they will try and get into combat. You set up so you cannot see it and are within 12". Roll the dice and you should get 12" at least. Then light up that scout squad or striking scorpions before the game even starts.
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Spanko
    This will be great since most people have an infultrating unit that they will try and get into combat. You set up so you cannot see it and are within 12". .

If they cannot see...they cannot fire. Auspex is a horrable waste of points. If there is any LoS there has to be at least 18" distance. The chance of rolling an 18 or higher is like 35 or 40%.

So IF your oppnent has infiltrators, and IF he sets up within LoS and less then 24" away from the squad that has it, and IF you role high enough...you might get to use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yhe your right. i am used to having it on a squad already with a Vet Srgt so it is only 2 points cost
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

Master Of Sanctity Godebert Brecht – 122 pts
    Crozius Arcanum/Bolt Pistol/Rosarius/Jumppack/Frag Grenades
    Ok this maybe un fluffy but it very eggective, lightning claws on your chaplain.
    You should give him an adaminte mantal assuming you want to get into close combat with him.

ELITES

Devastator Squad Aldemund – 204 pts.
    8 Marines: 4 w/ Bolters, 4 w/ Heavy Bolters
    Infiltrate
    This will do really good will inflict good number of wounds on armored armys like sm's...
    And will destroy the orks.:diespam:

TROOPS

Tactical Squad Ganelon – 150 pts.

Tactical Squad Enion – 150 pts.

Tactical Squad Alerot – 150 pts.
    This won't to good against armys with numbers. But if you shoot them at units like hq or elites with good saves then they will devastate them.:shifty:

FAST ATTACK

Assault Marine Squad Daimbert – 292 pts.
    10 ASM: 1 VS w/ Powerfist/Bolt Pistol/T-Honours, 2 w/ Flamers, 7 w/ Bolt Pistols/CCW
    All with Jumppacks and Frag Grenades
    Furious Charge, Deep Strike

Land Speeder Tornado Sirion – 80 pts.
    Deep Strike

Land Speeder Tornado Torphin – 80 pts.
    Deep Strike
    Looks pretty good. I'm not really a fan of flamers. Otherwise this list looks good.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator Annihilator Redway – 135 pts.

Predator Annihilator Senebaut – 135 pts.
    Hmm. Might want to get lascannon sponsors on the side becuase you really don't have much anti vehicle.

PLEASE SAY WHAT ARMYS YOU WILL BE VERSING SO WE CAN JUDGE YOUR LIST BE THAT.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x1)

thanks for all comments. I don't think I'll ever be DS-ing my speeders or ASM squad, I just like to note down any special rules a unit has, and I forgot to get rid of them when I pasted my list in.

tactically, i want the three plasma cannons as I love the models, they are very powerful against all infantry, can take down light/medium vehicles with ease and are great fun becuase of the overheat risk.

I've gotten tired of lascannon squads. I'll keep them on the Predators.

As for the HB Dev squad that infiltrates - this is not so they can getclose to the enemy, this is just so I can assess the enemy force, and then plonk down my main anti-infantry unit in a nice firing lane to mow down opponents. They have good enough range so they will last longer than most this way. I even toyed at one point with the idea of giving them Tank Hunters, to mow down light vehicles and skimmers.

Oh, I sorted out the traits as well. List is now completely legal.

Q
    Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

+ Reply to Thread