A Space Wolves Army Designed by a Beginner - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Space Wolves Army Designed by a Beginner

Hey everyone!!!

I am new to the 40K universe and have developed a 1700 pt Space Wolves Army. My goal is to have a general force which can take on anything. I would also like to have an army capable of entering a tournament and doing well (in time). If anyone could give me feedback about my list and what they have found works best would be awesome!!
    Heres my list:

HQ:

Wolf Lord [150 pts]
    - Terminator Armor
    - Belt of Russ
    - Chainfist
    - Storm Bolter

Rune Priest [125 pts]
    - Runic Armor
    - Chooser of the Slain
    - Power Weapon

Venerable Dread. [183 pts]
    - Twin Linked Lascannon
    - Extra Armor
    - Smoke

Troops:

Grey Hunters [212 pts]
    10 troops
    - 2 x Powerfist
    - Plasma Gun

Blood Claw Pack 1 [212 pts]
    12 Troops
    - 3 x Powerfist
    - Meltagun

Blood Claw Pack 2 [212 pts]
    12 Troops
    - 3 x Powerfist
    - Meltagun

Elites:

Scouts [119 pts]
    6 men
    - Meltagun
    - all armed with melta bombs

Wolf Guard (for scout squad) [51 pts]
    - Bolt pistol
    - Thunder Hammer

Fast Attack:

Landspeeder [65 pts]
    - Multimelta

Landspeeder [65 pts]
    - Multimelta

Heavy Support:

Pred. Annilator [138 pts]
    - Heavy bolter side sponsons,
    - Extra armor
    - Smoke

Whirlwind [75 pts]

It comes to 1607 points. What should I spend the rest of the points (93) on?

Thanks!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Drop the terminator armor on the Wolf Lord and give him a frostblade and bolt pistol.

Give the Rune Priest a frost blade and storm shield so he has a cover save from shooting attacks and a invulnerable save in close combat, he even benefits from an extra attack for having 2 ccw because of the chooser of the slain!

Take another land speeder with multimelta.

Take another wolf guard with BP and Powerfist and attach it to the bloodclaws.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a pretty good list, but I'll make a few comments.

First of all, I would recommend that you you choose whether you want your Venerable Dreadnought to be primarily long range or short range. Taking a TwinLink Lascannon with a SW Venerable Dreadnought is kinda overkill because you are gonna hit on a 2+ anyway, so you don't really need the Twin Linked, plus you have plenty of tank busting power elsewhere. I would go with either a plasma cannon or the assault cannon, the AC being the easier choice cause you don't have to convert the model for it.

I would also recommend having more Grey Hunters than Blood Claws. I made the mistake of thinking the BCs were the end all and be all of fighters, but I was wrong. They certainly do kick butt in close combat when they get the charge, but if they don't, they're second rate at best. Yes, they get tons of PFs, but they don't hit as often and to Space Marines, they die really quickly.

Finally, make sure you have the latest Space marine codex because the whirlwind is not 75 points, its 85. The SM codex is newer than the SW codex, which means you have to defer to the SM codex when it comes to the points.

Also, I would aim at a better point total than 1700 . . . I believe standard tournaments are 1850 points. For friendly play I would recommend 1500 or 2000 points. Why? Well, as a SW if you have 1 point over 1500, you need a third HQ, which is probably going to be costly. For example, your Venerable Dreadnought all kitted out is close to 200 points. You basically would have a 1500 point list, decide to upgrade to 1700, and all you get to do is put in a thrid HQ with no extra troops. The closer you can keep your list divisible by 750, the better.
    "There will never be enough peace in the universe unless first there is enough war." - Farseer Eleuflin

+ Reply to Thread