New force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New force

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New force

My new army Im building up for some compettitive gaming at my local store.

HQ
    Master
    frag
    powerweapon
    combi-melta
    artificer
    melta bomb

Troops
    -TAc 1-
    Rhino
    6 man squad
    -frag
    -plasma gun
    Vet Srg
    -power sword
    -bolter
    -melta bomb

-TAc 2-
    Rhino
    6 man squad
    -frag
    -plasma gun
    Vet Srg
    -powerfist
    -bolter
    -melta bomb

-tac 3-
    Rhino
    6 man squad
    -frag
    -Melta gun
    Vet Srg
    -combi plasma
    -melt bomb

Fast Attack
    -Bikers-
    -2x plasma guns
    Vet srg
    -power sword

So my question is what should I add to this list probably some kind of devi squad and I have a whole bunch of extra termie models lying around so thats probably gonna be an addition.

"They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher_Redeemed
    My new army Im building up for some compettitive gaming at my local store.

HQ
    Master
    frag
    powerweapon
    combi-melta
    artificer
    melta bomb

Troops
    -TAc 1-
    Rhino
    6 man squad
    -frag
    -plasma gun
    Vet Srg
    -power sword
    -bolter
    -melta bomb

-TAc 2-
    Rhino
    6 man squad
    -frag
    -plasma gun
    Vet Srg
    -powerfist
    -bolter
    -melta bomb

-tac 3-
    Rhino
    6 man squad
    -frag
    -Melta gun
    Vet Srg
    -combi plasma
    -melt bomb

Fast Attack
    -Bikers-
    -2x plasma guns
    Vet srg
    -power sword

So my question is what should I add to this list probably some kind of devi squad and I have a whole bunch of extra termie models lying around so thats probably gonna be an addition.
    well first off, it would be nice to know how many points this list is suppost to be. i'm assuming 1000pt

HQ
    Master
    frag
    powerweapon
    combi-melta
    artificer
    melta bomb

hes alright, but i don't think you need the artificer armor or combi melta. give him a pistol instead. is he on his own, does he join a squad? how are you planning on getting him into the assualt? just some things to consider.

Troops
    -TAc 1-
    Rhino
    6 man squad
    -frag
    -plasma gun
    Vet Srg
    -power sword
    -bolter
    -melta bomb

-TAc 2-
    Rhino
    6 man squad
    -frag
    -plasma gun
    Vet Srg
    -powerfist
    -bolter
    -melta bomb

-tac 3-
    Rhino
    6 man squad
    -frag
    -Melta gun
    Vet Srg
    -combi plasma
    -melt bomb

i'm not so sure how well the rhino's do in an actual game. i've used them before and i never really got good use from them. they always just seemed like a death trap becuase they would always get destroyed. it might work in a small pt value game, but in larger games it could be problematic. if it works for you keep doing it. i know you were going for mobility, but im not sure if it is an effective tactic. otherwise, you could give up mobility and instead gear each tactical squad for ranged combat, giving one of them a lascannon or missile luancher or heavybolter or plasma cannon and maybe a plasma gun as a special weapon. as for the veteran sargeants just give them a powerfist and bolt pistol. your squads are pretty small and might benefit from a little beefing up.

Fast Attack
    -Bikers-
    -2x plasma guns
    Vet srg
    -power sword

it would be nice to see how many guys are in squad. you can use plasma, but i personally would go with two meltas and send them tank hunting, but if anti infentry was this squads goal, stick with the plasma.

hope i helped some:wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I'd keep plasma with plasma and melta with melta. If you're going to put combi-weapons on your sergeants, put them in squads where the special-weapons trooper is carrying a like weapon. It helps. For instance, put the powerfist sgt in the meltagun squad, and the combi-plasma sgt in one of the plasma gun squads.

I think you're okay with a mobile-theme where everyone has a transport (or bike).

Put your commander in the squad with the PFist Sgt and Meltagun.

Haven't checked points, but if you can squeeze in a couple more bikes, you'll be looking good.

Lack of long-range weapons will be a problem unless you play on small tables.

Those are just a few quick observations. Good luck.
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Here is my 2 cents:

The artificer armor is a waste of points. For only 5 more points he get an invulnerable save AND an extra attack (you forgot to give him t-honor, but they come with t-armor) I think you can save some points by dropping the melta bombs too. You don't really want your beefy IC to be assulting a tank.

If your going to be making your seargetns vets, with power weapons you might want to consider melta guns instead. They don't overhead, and they are an assult weapon. And personally I would spend points on things other then 1-shot weapons like combi weapons, but I have never used them, so if they work for you, have a ball.

I would NOT give plasma guns to bikers. With thier speed, they can usually get a shot off with the melta gun, and if they are out of range of the melta you can still fire the bolter. PLUS, that is an awfull lot of points to lose to an overheat.

With the list you have, my suggestion would be to lose the bikes, and the rhinos, go with Drop Pods, and try to squeeze in a Dreadnought. However, in a smaller game, the Rhino's might actually make it across the board...maybe.

+ Reply to Thread