1500pts Friendly(ish) with guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Friendly(ish) with guard

I'd really like some comments/suggestions for this list. Just for friendly games with a reasonable spread of terrain against mostly SM and CSM. I've included a Guard infantry platoon with auto cannons to up the model count and long range fire power.

Both cannonesses are mostly for mopping up what the squads miss (And the faith).

HQ
    Cannoness w/ Blessed Weapon, Frag, Book St L
    (To ride with Celestians)

Cannoness w/ Eviscerator, Cloak of St A, Jump Pack, Inferno Pistols, Book St L

ELITES
    8 Celestians w/ 2 Meltas, Imagifier
    Rhino w/ Extra Armour, Smoke

TROOPS
    VSS and 9 Sisters w/ H. Flamer

VSS and 9 Sisters w/ H. Flamer

Command Squad w/ Bolter, Auto Cannon
    Infantry Platoon w/ Auto Cannon
    Infantry Platoon w/ Auto Cannon

FAST
    VSS w/ Power Weapon, Book St L
    7 Seraphims w/ 1 Flamers, 1 Inferno Pistols

HEAVY
    Exorcist

Exorcist

Total: 1500pts
    Starting faith: 8

Last edited by walkingserpent; September 19th, 2006 at 17:54.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Wow.. the amount of abbreviation words.. especially "JP IP", that took me a hella long time to figure out what it is. Since you are writing in all abbreviation form, why not just put a letter "M" for melta and "HF" for heavy flamer as well. :wacko: (S for smoke launcher)

Anyways, I am assuming PW is power weapon, and you are mostly facing off against marines (like you said).. hitting on 4+ wounding on 5+ is going to be a big disappointment when it comes to anti infantry role for your seraphims.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nekochen
    Since you are writing in all abbreviation form, why not just put a letter "M" for melta and "HF" for heavy flamer as well.
    Sorry... use to writting for my eyes only :rolleyes: Made it a bit clearer - I hope.

It is tempting to put an Eviscerator on the Seraphim Veteran for more anti-tank/IC killing, but I've not had much luck with it in the past. Is that just me ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guard seem like a bad idea to me. Think about your deployment zone, it contains many tanks, and the seraphim and guard. If you have any sense the seraphs will be behind cover, which leaves every anti-infantry weapon in the enemy arsnal with an easy choice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

The IG Platoon is a good addition for a WH parent playing the Cities of Death using the Sewer Rats Strategum. Cheap, scoring units + accurately deepstriking Flamers.
    In normal misions, I like the Inducted Platoon (with Mortars) for fighting against all Eldar.
    I also like the Platoon for fighting against IG armies.
    For Orks, there's no substitute for GKs.

Overall, the Platoon is fun to play, and it's not a bad investment.
    Naturally, it is a bit unwieldly, but it is bolstered by nearby Books of St Lucius. ALso, IG squads who are 50% in cover are effectively 4+ Invuln to shooting. Opponents who wish to charge them will have to face some aweful shooting from your troops. I enjoy playing IG Platoons. I tend to think of them as more more valuable in practice than on paper.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... 2 very different views on the Guard.

My plan with them is to deploy in cover as far away from the enemy lines as possible. This will keep them out of bolter range and at worst within range of enemy heavy bolters, and the more of these I can lure away from the Rhinos the better.

I also find it useful to have something back with the Exorcist to fend off deep strikers and the like.

Alternatively I could replace them with another tank/transport, though it would have to be a Chimera.

Inquisitor w/ Scourging
    3 Veteran Guard with Plasma Guns
    2 Sages
    Chimera w/ Multi-laser, Heavy bolter
    205 pts

This would be a straight swap for the Guard and keep a little mid-ranged fire power. The unit inside throws out quite a punch and doesn't self destruct too quickly thanks to the re-rolled miss.

Scourging is an 'okay' power, and as the Inquisitor is at BS5 with the sages, I think its worth the cost.

Oh yeah... Playing my 2nd game of Cities of Death tonight. Definantly using sewer rats :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

In the future, please post army lists in the Army Lists subforum. I'll go ahead and move this one for you. :yes:

~Thread moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could always include some Stormtroopers or an armoured fist squad if you want some firepower/ imperial guard.

+ Reply to Thread