1000pts Trait Army, first attempt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts Trait Army, first attempt

There will be a tournament held in the of the month among my friends. I have never played a tournament, but i wanted to have a somewhat competitive list, so that I can blame my lack of experience rather than a poor list.

Traits:
    Trust your battle brothers
    See but dont be seen
    Eye to eye

HQ
    Reclusiarch
    -Bolt pistol, Frag Grenades, Jump Pack, Terminator Honours
    [122]

TROOPS
    Tac Squad 1
    10 marines
    -True Grit, Terminator Honours, Power Fist
    [210]

Tac Squad 2
    5 marines
    -Lascannon
    [105]

FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad
    5 marines
    -2x Plasma Pistol, Terminator Honours, Power Fist
    [150]

Land Speeder Tornado
    -Assault Cannon
    [80]

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator Squad
    6 marines
    - Infiltrate, 4x Missle Launcher
    [224]

As you can see there's plenty of points left, but I really don't where I can best spend these points. I tought of adding another tac squad, or a whirlwind, or even dropping infiltration on the devs for some more warm bodies. I have quite some flexibilty short of jump packs..

Thanks for your time!

q

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabarra View Post
    Traits:
    See but dont be seen
    Eye to eye
    This selection is definetly unfluffy, having eye to eye but having infiltrate? I would go with flesh over steel or aspire to glory.

HQ
    Reclusiarch
    [122]
    unlike most, i don't like chaplains, but he's equipped good so keep him if you like him

TROOPS
    Tac Squad 1
    10 marines
    -True Grit, Terminator Honours, Power Fist
    [210]
    Add a plasma gun, since you have TYBB you dont want to be charging so rapid firing is no problem.

Tac Squad 2
    5 marines
    -Lascannon
    [105]
    Do they have infiltrate? Because if they do not they're only 90pts. but use infiltrate on these guys, worth it.

FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad
    5 marines
    -2x Plasma Pistol, Terminator Honours, Power Fist
    [150]
    Fine, maybe try to get some more bodies in here, i like having 1 flamer in there as its excellent against swarms and even MEQ's due to getting so many hits.

Land Speeder Tornado
    -Assault Cannon
    [80]
    Can't go wrong with these

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator Squad
    6 marines
    [224]
    eh? this should be an 8 man squad for 224pts? im assuming 6 man was a typo. anyways, stick with 8 guys, and this is a solid choice.

Anyways, this list is solid, a bit vanilla, but solid. as for those last few points, maybe a scout squad? get some more bodies in there, you cant go wrong with more bodies

Hope this helps!
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I'm going to put in my 2 cents... take it for what it's worth.

Traits:
    TyBB - I have never really liked this trait. It does not help when assulting, since you still can't rapid-fire and assult, and it won't make much of a difference when being assulted against any real CC oppenent. You get an extra attack...true, but it takes 12 normal non-power attacks to cause 1 unsaved wound agaist a MEQ. So in a squad of 10 you are just under odds to get 1 extra dead opponent with this trait...not worth the points IMHO.

See but Not Seen: This is a great trait, but if your gonna take it...TAKE IT. I mean have more then 1 squad infiltrating. That one poor squad will be way out in front, and will be the focus of a lot of fire. Infiltrate more stuff, or don't bother.

HQ -
    I like chappies, and you have him equipped really well, but he is only leading a 5 man squad. More likely then not, this squad will get shot up before it sees any CC. However, if you have a bunch of squads infiltrating, you have a much better chance of getting this squad into combat, but any CC squad lead by a chappy is scarry, and your oppenent knows it. 6 men can go down surprising quickly.

Trrops -
    T-Honors and a P-fist? I don't like this cause this unit will take forever to get into any CC if they are footslogging across the field. The extra bolter will probably do more. And ABSOLUTELY put in a special weapon. I would recomend a plasma gun.

5 man squad - I would add a guy (even numbered squads are better) and infiltrate them, but otherwise this is fine. Also consider a plasma gun (especially if you infiltrate)

Fast Attack -
    I have already told you what I think of this unit. a 5 man squad is unlikly to get into combat with enough men to do much of anything. if you have only 3 or 4 guys left, your not doing much more then tieing up his squad, unless he REALLY sucks in CC. Add more men, or drop it.

Speeder - tornado's are great. no problems there.

Heavy Support -
    At that point cost, I'm sure you meant 8 men. If you didn't your points are wrong, but you want 1 extra man per H-Weapon anyway, so make it 8 men. Also, the M-Launcher is a good non-specific weapon, however with it's range you don't really need to infiltrate it so much, unless you just looking to get a first turn shot on some armor. If you want to scare people, take 4 H-Bolters infiltrated (infiltrating more stuff as as I suggested above) The infiltration more then makes up for its slightly lower range. Howver, this squad as is, is not a bad choice.

With your extra points I would say you really need some mobility. You have the speeder, that is good. I assume from your comment that you don't have any more Jump Pack models. Maybe infiltrate another las/plas squad. or another speeder or two.
    Last edited by Sinjin; October 3rd, 2006 at 19:41.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, that surely helped a lot.

I don't agree that the trait selection is so unfluffy. I mean, even tough the description of eye to eye, says something about guerilla, it only limits your access to bikes and LS. My idea was, not having extensive access to this kind of equipment, the chapter would then take strategic choices to engage de enemy on advantage (meaning infiltration).

Anyway, thats not the point. Here is the rewritten list. I've computed another 30 points for tac squad 1, which could mean either infiltrate skill or a drop pod. I guess its too much points for a single squad, I tought of dropping true grit, but then where would these 30 ponits go?

Traits:
    See but dont be seen
    Eye to Eye

HQ
    Reclusiarch
    [122]

TROOPS
    Tac Squad 1
    10 marines
    -True Grit, Terminator Honours, Power Fist, Plasma Gun, {infiltrate/drop pod}
    [250]

Tac Squad 2
    6 marines
    -Lascannon, Plasma gun , Infiltrate
    [133]

FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad
    7 marines
    -Plasma Pistol, Terminator Honours, Power Fist
    [189]

Land Speeder Tornado
    -Assault Cannon
    [80]

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Devastator Squad
    8 marines
    [224]

What do you think?
    Please comment!
    q

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

normally i would say drop pod, but with so few models im not sure if i would. i would definetly not give them infiltrate and TYBB, thats a whopping 21pts per space marine. If you toyed with the units, you could squeeze in a dreadnought, scout squad, or another speeder,
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good list, it has a lot of guys for 1000pts and nothing wasteful.

I like what Sinjin says about true grit. You probably want to drop it since it wont really matter that much. Also it may just be me but i never really saw the point in infilltrating dev squads of ML. I understand Multimeltas and HB, but do really want your fire base closer to the enemy. Unless you forsee lots of great terrain in the middle of the board the 48" range of the ML will be fine.
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

its not the range that matters with infiltraing the dev's, but the fact that they are placed last which lets him place them with an optimal field of fire of the enemy army, whereas if they deployed normally they would be deploying when at max, one enemy unit is on the table, letting his opponent counter-deploy and avoid them
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread