11th Carthonovian Guard [1500] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

11th Carthonovian Guard [1500]

Hi All

Fluff for the force is still in devlopment, basically based on two seperate ethnic groups (light infantry and trenchies). Looking for a competetive force and need to finalize the larger frame work for army construction which is well under way. Any help would be more than appreciated.

Cheers

Origin

Doctrines: Iron Discipline, Light Infantry, Conscripts, Close Order Drill + 1 more.....???

HQ

Command HQ: JO with HI, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Iron Discipline @ 237 points
    Veteran with company standard
    2 Guardsmen, 2 flamers
    Commissar with Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol
    Chimera, Multilaser, Heavy bolter, Extra Armour, Smoke

2 Fire support Teams with Heavy Bolters @ 160

Troops

Inf Platoon: Command with JO, 2 Plasma Rifles, Missile Launcher, Light Infantry, Iron Discipline @ 90
    2 Squads with Plasma Rifles, Missile Launcher, Light Infantry @ 190

Inf Platoon: Command with Jo, Autocannon, Iron Discipline @ 60
    2 Squads with Grenade launchers, Autocannons @ 166

Conscripts: 20 men, 2 flamers @ 98

Fast Attack

Hellhound: Extra Armour @ 120

2 Sentienels: Multilasers @ 90

Heavy Support

Russ: Hull and Sponson Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour @ 160

Basilisk: Indirect Fire @ 125

Total Points: 1497

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    Hi All

Fluff for the force is still in devlopment, basically based on two seperate ethnic groups (light infantry and trenchies). Looking for a competetive force and need to finalize the larger frame work for army construction which is well under way. Any help would be more than appreciated.

Cheers

Origin
    Hope to read it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Origin
    Doctrines: Iron Discipline, Light Infantry, Conscripts, Close Order Drill + 1 more.....???
    Hmm. Special Weapons squads, maybe? One of the "free" Doctrines, like Drop Troops? Not too fluffy, though..

HQ

Command HQ: JO with HI, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Iron Discipline @ 237 points
    Veteran with company standard
    2 Guardsmen, 2 flamers
    Commissar with Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol
    Chimera, Multilaser, Heavy bolter, Extra Armour, Smoke
    Hrm. I'm not too keen on the Flamers - one would be okay, but two? Not sure about that. Maybe another weapon that would give just as good effect.. maybe a Grenade Launcher? I like those..

2 Fire support Teams with Heavy Bolters @ 160
    Fluffy for trenchers - used to represent the machine-gun turrets and the likes?

Troops

Inf Platoon: Command with JO, 2 Plasma Rifles, Missile Launcher, Light Infantry, Iron Discipline @ 90
    2 Squads with Plasma Rifles, Missile Launcher, Light Infantry @ 190
    Looking nice and effective here.

Inf Platoon: Command with Jo, Autocannon, Iron Discipline @ 60
    2 Squads with Grenade launchers, Autocannons @ 166
    I like it. Nice amount of decent AP firepower, though you might consider Grenade Launchers in the Command squad?

Conscripts: 20 men, 2 flamers @ 98
    If you were to use the Independent Commissars Doctrine, he'd find a very welcome place in this squad.

Fast Attack

Hellhound: Extra Armour @ 120
    I like it, but if you can find the extra points for Smoke Launchers, you should use them.

2 Sentienels: Multilasers @ 90
    Nice and cheap. I fully recommend splitting them into your two Fast Attack slots, so that they 1) don't have to target the same squad(s) and 2) won't get taken down as easily.

Heavy Support

Russ: Hull and Sponson Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour @ 160

Basilisk: Indirect Fire @ 125

Total Points: 1497
    Looking good - I recommend, again, Smoke Launchers on the 'Russ if you can find the points.

An interesting style army, with a good balance of armour and infantry... I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

thanks for the reply Lost Nemesis, working on the fluff for them just basic guard more concentrating on the army and the groups included.

The light Infantry are a mix of indginous and the first human explorer's rescue outfit (bit of a mouth full). Forest dwellers, with a drudic feel they worship a bastardised version of the Emperor, "Himonoth" (Him-on-Earth).

The Trenchies are city dwellers who mine the polar regions and form the achitypal guard, with strong militry traditions. The final conquest was conducted by the 62nd Cadian which remained and was granted lands etc)

I'm trying to explain the history of the world and the regiment through the medium of lost Adetus reports and the like, an example being the original ecologoical servey conducted by the Exploritor Fleet.

But to the list...

Doctrines: Drop troops is not fluffy unfortunatly, i think i will have to make the choice based the expansion of the force to 1850 - 2000 points. So maybe special weapons squads, which could be made up as combat engineers. Or maybe a screamer type squad with harderned fighters.... warpaint etc...

The Command HQ: Not sure of the flamers myself but points are thin and i plan to use them as a counter assualt role with their principal fire support coming from the Chimera. I have a margin of 3 points to work with and most entries are at the minimum i can allow. So changing on to a grenade launcher is possible but not both and one launcher really won't do all that much but two flamers on the assualt will help out the CHQ already marginal chances in close combat.

Fire Support Teams: Damn straight... i have built them off the tripod, tried to strip them down to make more of a m60 style support weapon

Conscripts: Have thought on the Independant Commissars but i think his place is with senior command.

Sentinels: You have a good point i will do that, i was worried that i may be penalized with comp score for doing that but..... meh

Thanks for the reply and the suggestions, i will try to have the first of my lost reports in the fluff forum in a couple of days..

Cheers

Origin

+ Reply to Thread