A small first IG list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A small first IG list

-HQ-

Senior officer- storm bolter and carapace armour
    Medic
    Two vets with plasma guns
    Standard bearer

[U]Special Weapons Squad[U]
    three guardsmen with demolition cgarges
    three guardsmen with lasguns

-TROOPS-
    1st Platoon

Command squad
    Junior officer- power weapon and bolt pistol
    two guardsmen armed with meltaguns
    two guardsmen with lasguns

1st squad
    8 guardsmen- lasguns
    2 guardsmen-heavybolter

2nd squad
    8-guardsmen-lasguns
    2 guardsmen-missile launcher

3rd squad
    8 guardsmen-lasguns
    2 guardsmen- heavybolter

4th squad
    8-guardsmen-lasguns
    2 guardsmen-missile launcher

5th squad
    8 guardsmen-lasguns
    2 guardsmen- heavybolter

[U]Conscript Platoon[U]
    50 conscripts-lasguns
    attached commissar-laspistol and powerfist

-HEAVY SUPPORT-

Leman Russ- hull mounted lascannon, battle cannon and heavy bolters

Leman Russ- hull mounted lascannon, battle cannon and heavy bolters

TOTAL PTS= I think about 1,000

Thoughts: Well if i did the math right, with this list I can easyly have about 100 models for a little under 1000pts AND tanks... im likely IG i little more everyday. I'm not sure if the troops section is legal, but I think the Conscript Platoon counts as a troops choice right?

The whole idea is I send the Mob of Conscripts (my favorite unit in my intire army idea) out and the enemy either panics and shots them to bits or they ignore them and let 50 guys hit thier line, mean while my squads sit back and shot the crap out of any thing that moves

The speacial weapons squad is mainly an anti assualt/ succide squad with BIG BOMBS, whats not to like?

anyway if I've made any kind of mistake let me know, and thanks for reading this and replying

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Pretty sure you're well over 1000 points. 250 for conscripts, 400 for the tanks. 300 for the other platoon. Not including either command squad, the special weapons teams, or the heavy weapons in each squad.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Forger is absolutely right, this list is not even close to 1000; its 1177 with everything you have in it. On top of being way over, some of the things done in this list are illegal anyway.

The Commissar cannot be attached to the conscript platoon because you do not have the independant commissar's doctrine. (As it stands you would need no less than three commissars in order to have one of them in the conscript platoon.)

If you take the doctrine, then of course the list is over by another ten points and you need to use another two doctrines to get the conscripts and special weapon squads.

The special weapons squad is very illegal as it stands, it clearly states in the entry for what kind of weapons you can give them that only one of the three special weapons can be a demo-charge.

In order for your list to be within the point range, you need to drop two infantry squads and one of the five conscript squads as well as swapping the hull lascannon of both of the russ's to heavy bolters.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I've been sick so I missed all that. Good catch Reever.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, Thank you all for catching my mistakes, rather stupid on my part.

I did forget to mention the Doctrines I would have the Independent Commissar, conscript, special weapons squads, close order, and not sure on the last one.

Im very sorry about the pts limit, however I did say it was ABOUT 1000 pts. 117 pts isnt to far off for doing mental tallies.

However since the speacial weapons squad can only have one charge, I think I'll drop them, which will help with the points cost.

Other than that what do you guys think about the units I chose. I have no special weapons in my infantry squads, I think that could really hurt me.

None of you guys mentioned anything about the conscript platoon counting for troops so I figure thats legal, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Salus View Post
    None of you guys mentioned anything about the conscript platoon counting for troops so I figure thats legal, right?
    Well thats because they count as your second troops choice. An infantry platoon is a minimum of twenty five men and a max of fifty five/sixty (remnants can be used in a full platoon can't they?) That command squad and five infantry squads do count as one platoon, and therefore one troop choice, after all...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Cant remember exactly but from what i do remember i think its worded badly in the codex. i just make sure i avoid it by not putting that many men in! (remnants can be up to 9 men aswell).

As far as the list goes id drop the carapace on the officer it wont come into play then id do the JO HI thing which adds soo much.

As far as special weapons i havnt tried it but i go the other way i do specials first then heavies. its a style thing. if you want them static and out of the way it shouldnt be too much of a problem. Although flamers on the conscripts is fairly effective and if you can find the points the odd grenade launcher in a static squad can help. The command squad seems to be for leadership aswell so i think (as itll need to stay near stationary squads) that 2 plasma may be a little excessive

nice tlist though

A

+ Reply to Thread