1500 pt. vanilla marine list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt. vanilla marine list

I've been thinking about starting an ultramarines army for some time now ever since I started reading Graham Mcneill's Ultramarines Omnibus, so here goes, BTW this list is about as vanilla as it gets.

HQ:
    Reclusiarch w/ bolt pistol, jump pack, master-crafted crozius, and iron halo = 146

Troops:
    10x tactical squad w/ missile launcher, plasma gun, and rhino transport w/ extra armour, and smoke launchers = 228
    10x tactical squad w/ missile launcher, plasma gun, and rhino transport w/ extra armour, and smoke launchers = 228
    10x scout squad w/ 9x sniper rifles, and missile launcher = 185

Fast attack:
    10x assault squad (chaplain) w/ 2 plasma pistols, 3 meltabombs, and veteran sergeant w/ power weapon, and bolt pistol = 262

Heavy support:
    Predator annihalator w/ heavy bolter sponsons, extra armour, and smoke launchers = 138
    Whirlwind w/ vengeance missiles = 85

Total = 1500

"We are the Ultramarines," called Uriel. "And no foe can stand against us while we keep faith with the emperor." - Brother-Captain Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines Fourth Company.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things that strike me right off . . .

First, I don't think you can just take 3 meltabombs . . . if someone in the squad takes them, they all have to take them.

And second, you don't have enough anti-tank. Sure, each tactical squad has a missile launcher, but if you want that missile launcher to shoot at a piece of armor, everyone in the unit has to shoot at it as well and that wastes a LOT of bolter shots.

And I'm assuming the reason that you put everyone in Rhinos is so you can charge everyone up the board to get into rapid fire range and unleash holy hell on your enemy? Good plan . . . except that you'd better kill all their guys in that turn, because you're screwed after that if you're playing against any kind of assault oriented army. They'll come into you and absolutely trash you because you'll have one attack to fight back with. Plus that means you're spending the points on each missile launcher and you'll only get to fire it once . . . maybe twice, but most likely just once. Unless there is a strategy here I'm missing.

And if your opponent has any kind of decent anti-tank of his own, some of your rhinos won't make it to the destination, I can assure you.

The only thing I really do like is your scout squad. It should do some damage . . . at least in pinning, one would hope. But that is alot of points in scouts.

Are you avoiding taking traits, then, because you want it to be ultramarines? Vanilla lists are good because SMs in general are good, but you can make a great list with just a few simple tweeks with traits. It may not be the direction you want to go for the ultramarine fluff reasons, but still, I'd advise it :-)
    "There will never be enough peace in the universe unless first there is enough war." - Farseer Eleuflin

+ Reply to Thread