2000 Trait list, competitive? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Trait list, competitive?

127 Chaplain - Bolt pistol, meltabombs, frags, T. honors, Jump pack

165 Dread - lascannon, flamer, drop pod
    145 Dread - assault cannon, flamer, drop pod

215 9 man Tac - T. honors, power fist, 2 meltaguns, drop pod
    215 9 man Tac - same

105 6 man Tac - plasmacannon
    105 6 man Tac - same

110 6 man Tac - lascannon
    110 6 man Tac - same

238 9 man Assault - T. honors, power fist, 2 plasma pistols
    238 9 man Assault - same

85 Whirlwind
    85 Whirlwind

54 Furious charge for the assault squads

1997 pts

I wanted to put 2 plasma guns in each of the four 6 man squads but I ran out of points. The second dread was going to have a lascannon also but, again, not enough points.
    The plan is, use the WW and heavy weapon tacs to keep heads down until the assaulties can get stuck in and the drop pods come crashing down near vital enemy points. The chappy will accompany one of the assault squads.

I'm trying for a 'take all comers' list. What do you think? Do I need any tweaks or do I need to rethink the whole list?

Different question. Is there anyway, using this list, that I can give the chaplain FC?

Thanks in advance

edit:
    Oh, I'm taking eye to eye and we stand alone for my drawbacks.
    Cleanse and Purify and No Mercy, No Respite for my traits.

Last edited by Otsego; October 17th, 2006 at 20:57.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Yeah... Traits are No Mercy, No respite, Cleanse & Purify & Eye to Eye, I'm guessing.

There is one way to give the Chappie FC, it costs 90pts. Give him a basic 5 man command squad with FC. Then he can take FC with it.
    It's the only way.

You're relying on your infantry, which is good.
    Squads are quite capable of supporting each other... Which is also good.

let's see... 4 Meltaguns, Lascannon, & Assault Cannon, all coming from Drop pods. Nasty
    If the enemy makes a break for it and manages to miss the Chappie & assault squads (yeah, right), the Whirlwinds & many shooty squads will blow them up utterly.

Well made. I'd keep it as is except for this:
    If you want another Lascannon Dread, remove the Flamers.
    If you want FC Chappie, give him a useless 5 man drop pod command squad and hope for the best, which is they all die by the time the 2 assault squads get close enough for him to join. Preferably he himself is unwounded.

Other than that, nothing's wrong.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I drop the dreads flamers I could put plasma guns in two of the tac squads. That's an idea. Now I need to find 20 more points for the other two squads, maybe I'll drop the lascannon on the first dread and go with two unupgraded (is that a word?) dreadnoughts. Or keep the lascannons on both dreads and scrap the idea of adding plasma guns the tacs.

Just curious about FC on the chaplain, it's too expensive that way.

Thanks
    Last edited by Otsego; October 17th, 2006 at 21:07.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

I'd say go with the Assault Cannon on both dreads. More shots and they can possibly do more damage than a Las could... that gives you HEAPS of room for your squads.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Assault Cannon / Heavy flamer is by far the best loadout for a Drop Pod Dreadnought. The range of the Lascannon is wasted in a Drop Pod.

Take a guy from your 6 man squads and add them to your 9 man DP tac squads. Also, better to have a unit of 8, and 10 on the assault, rather then 2 units of 9.

Also, you might want to consider flamers on the Assault squad rather then the plama pistols. With decent coverage of the template, you will get the same, or more kills, without the risk of overheat...and they cost a little less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

A little more you mean?

I agree absolutely with everything you just said, except every 3rd word.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    Assault Cannon / Heavy flamer is by far the best loadout for a Drop Pod Dreadnought. The range of the Lascannon is wasted in a Drop Pod.

Take a guy from your 6 man squads and add them to your 9 man DP tac squads. Also, better to have a unit of 8, and 10 on the assault, rather then 2 units of 9.

Also, you might want to consider flamers on the Assault squad rather then the plama pistols. With decent coverage of the template, you will get the same, or more kills, without the risk of overheat...and they cost a little less.
    I realize I won't need the range of the lascannon, but the extra 2 strength was what I was looking at for tank busting.

What's wrong with odd numbered assault squads?

I like the AP of the plasma pistols, but multiple hits with the template is tempting, even if they're in cover.

Anyway, how would this list do in a tourny?
    Last edited by Otsego; October 17th, 2006 at 22:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Quite well, I'd say.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Even numbered squads are much more effecient for scoring. Remember, a unit is non-scoring, and your oppenet gets half when it is BELOW 50%. So if your squad is 8 marines, you oppenent needs to kill 5 marines. If it is 9 marines, he needs to kill....oh wait, 5 marines. The extra marine does nothing for you in terms of scoring. By taking the odd man out of one squad, and adding him to the other, you have just forced your oppenent to kill an extra marine (between the two squads) to reduce the squad to non-scoring.

And I understand wanting the extra tank-busing power of the Lascannons, but tank hunting is usually not the main job of a DPed Dreadnought. Plus, it's usually pretty easy to get a back shot on any armor after you drop, and the Assault Cannon will take out almost anything at Armor 10. Drop Pods, with Lascannon is just mixing rolls in my opionin, and not that effecient.
    Last edited by Sinjin; October 17th, 2006 at 22:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would help is if I put 10 in each squad. My assault squads are always in the thick of it and hardly ever come out of it with enough to be a scoring unit no matter what the starting number is, odd or even.

I agree with the efficiency issue with the dreads, the will have assault cannons.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast